Monitors Help me select a 27" 1440p IPS monitor

Why would anyone spend a lot of money for a tech that cant do reliably the one thing it was designed to do. People who owns OLED panels reported they take precautions such as hiding taskbar/avoid bright wallpaper & the monitors themselves do forced "Pixel Refresh" every few hours to protect from/delay the burn-in. If its true, it makes absolutely no sense to buy an overpriced OLED for HDR content.
The cheaper Acer mini-LED HDR1000 would last longer than any OLED for sure.

Why would anyone spend a lot of money for a tech that cant do reliably the one thing it was designed to do. People who owns OLED panels reported they take precautions such as hiding taskbar/avoid bright wallpaper & the monitors themselves do forced "Pixel Refresh" every few hours to protect from/delay the burn-in. If its true, it makes absolutely no sense to buy an overpriced OLED for HDR content.
The cheaper Acer mini-LED HDR1000 would last longer than any OLED for sure.
Yeah can make sense, esp for work.
I was thinking the same but went with oled. At that time only option was neo g7 and samsung seems to have reputation of poor qc.

For media, oled should be fine + people say overall its better than miniled, esp for darker scenes where blooming can be an issue for miniled + 3y burn in warranty.
I have no issue with taking precautions and really like to use pitch black background as it allows using low brightness + anyway prefer darker rooms. oled + dark room = very nice.
+ most minileds seem to be finicky with issues. Tech may not be fully ready yet, but at this price probably worth it too as we wont need to take oled type precautions.
The AOC model seems interesting as it seemed to have less/no? issues, but not released in India.

Hopefully with all precautions, my monitor will last 5+ years, will be happy with that. Note that the video is worst case scenario of using oleds.

Best option might be a simple IPS for work + oled for media - but need deskspace for that ( and more money spent )

Hopefully with all precautions, my monitor will last 5+ years, will be happy with that. Note that the video is worst case scenario of using oleds.
OLED monitors cost more than a 4090 GPU and in many cases the entire PC. For 99% people who owned Dell,LG and even some cheap Korean monitors that lasted forever (10+ years) without any issues, this mindset itself makes no sense.
IMO OLED in its current state is a Joke.

i have an LG27GP850 and i play a bit of counter strike and can tell from experience that its an excellent monitor in the 30-35k budget. i bought mine from clarion computers for around 32k a couple of years ago around September 2022. the monitor performs really well under all gaming scenarios and this can be collaborated if you watch any reviews of the monitor.

i have an LG27GP850 and i play a bit of counter strike and can tell from experience that its an excellent monitor in the 30-35k budget. i bought mine from clarion computers for around 32k a couple of years ago around September 2022. the monitor performs really well under all gaming scenarios and this can be collaborated if you watch any reviews of the monitor.
Sadly no, it is not worth 30k anymore considering Acer XV272U V3 is 16k. I have a 30k Asus 1440p 170Hz, from 2.5 years back. I have used that Acer monitor in person with a friend, difference is not noticeable to me, only that Acer has a slightly inferior build vs my Asus. Games I tried, Black Myth (70-80fps) & CoD (140+ fps).

So for 99% gamers, Acer XV272U V3 is more than enough.

OLED monitors cost more than a 4090 GPU and in many cases the entire PC. For 99% people who owned Dell,LG and even some cheap Korean monitors that lasted forever (10+ years) without any issues, this mindset itself makes no sense.
IMO OLED in its current state is a Joke.
1) hey, so yeah it has to be affordable for the person too. Just go with IPS or cheap miniled, agree its decent option for most.
2) 4090 is more expensive than typical oled monitors - even 4k 32, and oled monitors are getting cheaper.
3) I would 100% take oled over 4090 any day for my use case. Oled has very good picture quality. Even SDR content looks great and can have a slight pop due to high contrast.
In fact i think this is a decent time to upgrade monitors and not so great time for gpus as they all seem to have compromises ( other than 4090, perhaps 4080 ). Perhaps can wait a bit as oled monitors keep getting cheaper, dunno.
4) If one has space, oled tv may be even better vs monitor. From what i have heard they have better hardware + lower cost.

1) hey, so yeah it has to be affordable for the person too. Just go with IPS or cheap miniled, agree its decent option for most.
2) 4090 is more expensive than typical oled monitors - even 4k 32, and oled monitors are getting cheaper.
3) I would 100% take oled over 4090 any day for my use case. Oled has very good picture quality. Even SDR content looks great and can have a slight pop due to high contrast.
In fact i think this is a decent time to upgrade monitors and not so great time for gpus as they all seem to have compromises ( other than 4090, perhaps 4080 ). Perhaps can wait a bit as oled monitors keep getting cheaper, dunno.
4) If one has space, oled tv may be even better vs monitor. From what i have heard they have better hardware + lower cost.
You missed one very important point. It has to be reliable like the rest of the monitors. Sure you can have fun hiding Taskbars & HDR content till the warranty last like any Intel 13th/14th Gen CPU. But its still an expensive joke that shouldnt exist in consumer space at its current state.

I'm Out, Peace.

Back