Budget 0-20k Help me With Fan Case compatible to Corsair iCUE Commander CORE

Have Corsair 4000D and as of now have 4 fans , 2 RGB which were part of H100i cappellix AIO and two normal non-rgb fans which came with the case.. All 120mm fans.

I am little RGB fan , since this was the first build after a decade.

I was looking into 140mm Corsair LL/QL fans for front , but they are pretty costly.

I want to know any other good RGB fan which will be compatible with commander core.

Currently i am controlling the lighting effect using SignalRGB.

I will move the non-rgb 120mm to by NAS pc and thought will get 2x140mm RGB fans for front , one 120mm for rear with possiblity of adding RGB LED light strip

Can i mix and match fans from other brands ? if so how to get them work ?

You can mix major brand fans but still confirm from the corsair official page or reddit page as sometimes even after full compatibility the fans or any rgb stuff might react weird.
I'm also using but openrgb. Literally works with anything thrown at it.

Have Corsair 4000D and as of now have 4 fans , 2 RGB which were part of H100i cappellix AIO and two normal non-rgb fans which came with the case.. All 120mm fans.

I am little RGB fan , since this was the first build after a decade.

I was looking into 140mm Corsair LL/QL fans for front , but they are pretty costly.

I want to know any other good RGB fan which will be compatible with commander core.

Currently i am controlling the lighting effect using SignalRGB.

I will move the non-rgb 120mm to by NAS pc and thought will get 2x140mm RGB fans for front , one 120mm for rear with possiblity of adding RGB LED light strip

Can i mix and match fans from other brands ? if so how to get them work ?
What motherboard do you have? You should be able to set RGB profiles with the utility software offered by the manufacturer and synchronize every fan. Afaik, commander pro works with only corsair fans, so the hubs provided by each company are proprietary, such that only the fans that they make are compatible with it.
All you'll need to add for extra fan hubs is a spare USB header or on your motherboard or a free 5v ARGB port (you can buy splitters of these for extra hubs as well)

You can mix major brand fans but still confirm from the corsair official page or reddit page as sometimes even after full compatibility the fans or any rgb stuff might react weird.
I'm also using but openrgb. Literally works with anything thrown at it.
I am trying to search , but not getting the right result(compatibility result)
What motherboard do you have? You should be able to set RGB profiles with the utility software offered by the manufacturer and synchronize every fan. Afaik, commander pro works with only corsair fans, so the hubs provided by each company are proprietary, such that only the fans that they make are compatible with it.
All you'll need to add for extra fan hubs is a spare USB header or on your motherboard or a free 5v ARGB port (you can buy splitters of these for extra hubs as well)

MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI​

• 2x 4-pin RGB LED connectors
  • 2x 3-pin RAINBOW LED connectors

I am trying to search , but not getting the right result(compatibility result)
You cant go wrong with Antec, CM, TT, Corsair, Arctic, Lian li, Nzxt etc.
But you need to be cautious with Deepcool, Ant, Zbronics, Gamedias etc. vfm/cheap brands. These will work well with any Mobo software but unsure if will be fully compatible wit corsair ecosystem.

Same goes fo Razor ecosysem which is very picky in terms of compatibility and one wrong item in circle and every goes for a toss.!

Last edited:
If u are using a commander core , there is a special convertor which convert the Corsair proprietary connection into a 3 pin argb which then can be connected to hub for multiple fans connection.

Also u need an argb hub , which when used with this convertor can carry the same effect to all other fans connected to it.

If u are using a commander core , there is a special convertor which convert the Corsair proprietary connection into a 3 pin argb which then can be connected to hub for multiple fans connection.

Also u need an argb hub , which when used can with this convertor can carry the same effect to all other fans connected to it.
I saw other fans , none (my taste) gets closer to corsair ones.. Will stick to QL or LL fans for now.

thanks a lot for the advice.

Edit :
Actually after the replies here , i started looking into other brands, RGB ones dont really look good , except for NZXT AER one and Silverstone one
Then again its huge compatibilty issue of getting other brands. So will be looking into Corsairs fans itself..

Last edited:
I saw other fans , none (my taste) gets closer to corsair ones.. Will stick to QL or LL fans for now.

thanks a lot for the advice.

Edit :
Actually after the replies here , i started looking into other brands, RGB ones dont really look good , except for NZXT AER one and Silverstone one
Then again its huge compatibilty issue of getting other brands. So will be looking into Corsairs fans itself..
I have owned LL and ql myself, unfortunately they tend to suffer from green stuck led after long usage. That's when I started looking into other fans. Currently hooked up with lianli sl120..
I used the Corsair controller on almost all the argb fans now, and use jacknet RGB to sync other devices with the icue.

read about the stuck LED , it seems to be a PCB issue with older production models and corsair seems to have rectified it .. (from reddit)..
saw lianli fan ..less rgb ... :D

I use signalrgb as of now .. Jacknet seems to be lite version of signalrgb i think.

Cost of corsair fans is the only factor.

I think i will change two aio ML fans for these infi fans and also change the reat fan to one of the remaining infi fans.

Move the corsair ML fans to front

Non-rgb fans , will move them to my NAS PC.. It needs some fan.

any thoughs guys ?

I think SignalRGB would be able to control all the fans . The Lianli fan setup comes with hub , should be able to work along with corsair i suppose. Also the infinity mirror on the sides will make it appear on the side of hte pc case. which is facing me right now.

Last edited:
read about the stuck LED , it seems to be a PCB issue with older production models and corsair seems to have rectified it .. (from reddit)..
saw lianli fan ..less rgb ... :D

I use signalrgb as of now .. Jacknet seems to be lite version of signalrgb i think.

Cost of corsair fans is the only factor.

I think i will change two aio ML fans for these infi fans and also change the reat fan to one of the remaining infi fans.

Move the corsair ML fans to front

Non-rgb fans , will move them to my NAS PC.. It needs some fan.

any thoughs guys ?

I think SignalRGB would be able to control all the fans . The Lianli fan setup comes with hub , should be able to work along with corsair i suppose. Also the infinity mirror on the sides will make it appear on the side of hte pc case. which is facing me right now.
Yes , signal RGB will control almost all addressable rgbs on board .
Hey. I highly doubt that you'll be able to run any brand other than Corsair because the RGB cable on corsair fans are different.
Check my previous comment

Hey. I highly doubt that you'll be able to run any brand other than Corsair because the RGB cable on corsair fans are different.
I think the corsair fans will be on corsair hub and lianli fans will be on lianli hub , problem is i should see if there is extra USB port on motherboard. Hoping that this is the way to do it ..

Last edited:
I think the corsair fans will be on corsair hub and lianli fans will be on lianli hub , problem is i should see if there is extra USB port on motherboard. Hoping that this is the way to do it ..
You can buy a USB splitter, like this one- https://www.amazon.in/Buyyart-Motherboard-Splitter-Adapter-Extension/dp/B07YRNJXDB/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2XCCWLTQKLNZ3&keywords=usb+splitter+for+motherboard&qid=1680626146&sprefix=usb+splitter+for+mot,aps,357&sr=8-2
Or free up the front panel USB connector.

Also, I think k the USB header is only necessary if you want to control the RGB via Corsair/Lian Li software. Else you can plug it in the 5v ARGB header and leave the synchronization to the motherboard.

You can buy a USB splitter, like this one- https://www.amazon.in/Buyyart-Motherboard-Splitter-Adapter-Extension/dp/B07YRNJXDB/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2XCCWLTQKLNZ3&keywords=usb+splitter+for+motherboard&qid=1680626146&sprefix=usb+splitter+for+mot,aps,357&sr=8-2
Or free up the front panel USB connector.

Also, I think k the USB header is only necessary if you want to control the RGB via Corsair/Lian Li software. Else you can plug it in the 5v ARGB header and leave the synchronization to the motherboard.
Thanks a lot, will look into the board and see if i need the splitter. Even after so many months , i havent set the fan curves ,since i dont know where to do for all the fans. As of now i have set them generally in Bios.

What is the difference in connecting them to a usb header and 5v argb one ? Also the lianli comes with option to connect them to sata.

iCVquyg.png

Updated the post :

I cant get another accesories to work well with signalrgb.. will the same connect to corsair commander hub ?

I was about to place the order and saw this reddit post... :((

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, will look into the board and see if i need the splitter. Even after so many months , i havent set the fan curves ,since i dont know where to do for all the fans. As of now i have set them generally in Bios.

What is the difference in connecting them to a usb header and 5v argb one ? Also the lianli comes with option to connect them to sata.

iCVquyg.png

Updated the post :

I cant get another accesories to work well with signalrgb.. will the same connect to corsair commander hub ?

I was about to place the order and saw this reddit post... :((
The usb gives u more control over the fans through individual led control .. Meanwhile with 5v argb u be able to sync ur fans with signal RGB or motherboard's own software.

Hi @Naveen_Reloaded
Although you can get 3rd party fans working with corsair commandar and icue but for that you would need a third party converter which in most cases don't work long term. So I will suggest you to buy corsair fans itself for the best results.

shall i go ahead with the purchase ?

Do i need any extra cables ?
If you truly want to see those fans in your case, then I would suggest you to go ahead. There will always be a workaround if something doesn't work as planned in the PC space.
Try one hub in the USB header and the other in the ARGB header. To get easier control over both, motherboard sync would be the way to go.
BTW, you can refer how motherboard control works here - Rgb
also, someone here is selling an internal USB hub, can consider that as well- https://techenclave.com/threads/cor...ear-asus-routers-blu-ray-movies.212861/unread

Hi @Naveen_Reloaded
Although you can get 3rd party fans working with corsair commandar and icue but for that you would need a third party converter which in most cases don't work long term. So I will suggest you to buy corsair fans itself for the best results.

this one comes with its own hub , both will hook up to motherboard and will work using signalrgb ? I wont be needing to connect the fans to corsair.. both brand fans will interface with thier own hubs..

it will work i suppose ?

@DestGod

saw this video , i think i can easily pair the lianli with either directly to mobo or via hub. will have same effect i suppose . Also I think the signalrgb will be able to see the fans directly from the mobo.

Kindly correct me if i am wrong.

I will daisy chain t wo lianli to replace the fans(ML) from the AIO radiator ( hope it will easily fit without issues) and move them to front .
Third Lianli will move to rear , so that i will get infinity mirror effect on rear and radiator top front part.

Hope i am correct here ...
placed order with mdcomputers for lianli tripple black

Last edited:
As a person with a full Corsair setup, I’d recommend you not buy the Commander Core, the latest Commander version has 6 connections for fans (any brand) and 6 for RGB fans (Corsair Only). They also have 2 ports for RGB LED connections but again for Corsair hardware only. These are unique pin‘s and not compatible with other companies. However there are work arounds with 3rd party adapters, but very costly. I have bought from them in the past (link below) , reliable and cheaper than Amazon US.

https://piratedog.tech/collections/rgb-adapters

Edit: If you’re gonna spend on these adapters, I’d suggest you don’t as it’s costly and rather go for Corsair fans only.

Edit 2: iCUE software is pretty good, I use it to control everything.

Edit 3: I have Lian-Li 24-Pin + 8-Pin Strimers V2 with the L-Connect Hub controller, their software is quite crappy, cheaply done. Minor issues in the beginning but since then it has worked properly.

Last edited:
Back