iOS [Help Needed] Iphone password hack

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Hi All,

I have a broken iphone with me of my deceased cousin. His phone has some important stuff in the Notes of his iphone.

May I know if there is any way that I can access the data or any pointer to anyone who can do it for us?

Regards,
Rakesh

^Not sure, but recently i read somewhere, court verdict favored Apple, also Obama commented out saying, there should be something needs to be done for this kind of issue(against verdict).

I know about the filed case with Apple refusing for anything like this to come up (they are right). But I can empathize with the US gvt since I am in such a position myself now.

Very sorry to hear about your cousin.

What you can do is write a mail to apple support staff detailing your situation.

They might ask you to provide some proof but If you can provide that, you can get access to your cousin's account.

btw apple has this in icloud terms and agreements:

D. No Right of Survivorship

Unless otherwise required by law, You agree that your Account is non-transferable and that any rights to your Apple ID or Content within your Account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate your Account may be terminated and all Content within your Account deleted. Contact iCloud Support at www.apple.com/support/icloud for further assistance.

There is no way, presently, you can have the data back. Suggest not to try random passwords.

If FBI is helpless, then you can imagine...

Sometimes such incidents ring a bell, what if happens with us. We have so much of data with our phones / laptops, how to make sure it gets to right hands after something bad happens ?

@ Rakesh bhai condolences ... hope he had a wonderful journey.

I do agree with Vagabond ... there is no proper way to ensure, i have so many life insurance policies (taken to reduce tax) even i am not sure what is their info. How will anyone in my family know about these if god-forbid anything happens. Noone knows your passwords and maybe locked out of so much data bout you that they will need henceforth.

Don't google (and maybe facebook) have some sort of option in the account settings to transfer data (or give access) to next of kin in the event of death?

Tbh his privacy should be His,
Rakesh burn the iphone.
After all,
What do you expect from the iphone?his preesonal life?
What do u think we are after? His personal life?? Are you kidding me. Stay out if you cant help or do not have an understanding of how things work away from your teenage life.

Get a point straight, as a teenager you think your family is spying on you for everything they ask you to know you better. You my friend, give it time, you will grow older and know how it works.[DOUBLEPOST=1458278506][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for all the help here. I request mods (@logistopath) to help me close the thread as it served its course.

@ Rakesh bhai condolences ... hope he had a wonderful journey.

I do agree with Vagabond ... there is no proper way to ensure, i have so many life insurance policies (taken to reduce tax) even i am not sure what is their info. How will anyone in my family know about these if god-forbid anything happens. Noone knows your passwords and maybe locked out of so much data bout you that they will need henceforth.
Prepare a "Death Folder". Know more about it
I prepared it recently.
I got this idea from my US-resident younger brother who prepared one, sealed it and handed over to me and his brother-in-law to open only in the event of death of both my brother and sis-in-law.

Saddened to hear the news.

As @Faraz said, there are multiple tools to lookup passwords stored on browsers.
I had used one like Chromepass(for chrome), PasswordFox(for Firefox) couple of times to recover.

I am sure it will give you some hint.

Back