Audio help regarding headphones

I am afraid only Alfa allows you to actually listen to the earphones before buying since they are grey market and you won't get a sealed piece.

If all you listen to is rock, I feel the EP-630 will be the best. Its bass is the lowest I have heard after hearing a lot of budget earphones. If you want still more bass, the Koss Sparkplugs are also available.

so finally i think i will buy the ep-630s

where should i buy em from

and how do i take care of the earphones...none of the earphones i own last more than 3-4 months..the wire at the end near the plug goes bad and the earphones dont work..i have to keep twisting the wire to make em work ..all my earphones have gone bad in the same way

what wrong am i doing and how do i keep them working for a much longer time

^^ Lucky you ! My EP-630 went kaput in about 5 months flat ! My crossroads Mylar One went kaput in less than 3 months. My Mylar 3 is going strong for a little over a month (touchwood).

Anyways I think basically you have to make sure the cord is straight. I used to wrap the cord around my ipod. I think that was what caused them to fail.

Well if there is any possibility of increasing ur budget u can go for the following:-

Grado SR-80/60

Audio Equation - 21 -- These are the best headphones u can buy for $100 Period

^^ Seconded. The Grado SR60 is one of the best value for money headphones for rock. They are quite portable and are decent straight out of your earphones.

They cost $69 from Amazon.com. But they are well worth the money you pay for them if you listen to a lot of rock.

KMD is orgainising a GO for them if you are interested.

chIlD_bEaR said:
Well if there is any possibility of increasing ur budget u can go for the following:-

Grado SR-80/60

Audio Equation - 21 -- These are the best headphones u can buy for $100 Period

you forgot the Alessandro MS-1 :D

@ Kumar - sony MDR v6 are very good overall headphones but not that gud for Rock also at $100 a bit expensive and come in the league of senn 280.. They are primarily used for monitoring on a lower scale.

@GreenHorn - oops .. .. Thanks no list is complete w/o these

infact u can order the sr-60 directly as well... afaik saiyan had gotten em..

whoopsie.. sorry. that was the ms-1 which he had ordered.

Yeah, but IEMs IMHO are better at music since it blocks out all the noise. I would stay away from Cresyn since as Stalker said they are OEMs but you really can't say what the sound will be like, while the EP-630 are well known in TE and are well liked. :)

But I would again suggest the Grado. Its sound will be leagues ahead of the EP-630 AND the is much sturdier so less chance of breakage. Just remember that the Grado should last you a couple of years while the Ep-630 has a good chance of breaking at any time due to the thin wires. So in the long run, you will most likely be spending the same amount repeatedly buying earphones. :bleh:

And your ears will thank you if you gift them a Grado SR-60 ! :eek:hyeah:

BF1983 said:
Yeah, but IEMs IMHO are better at music since it blocks out all the noise. I would stay away from Cresyn since as Stalker said they are OEMs but you really can't say what the sound will be like, while the EP-630 are well known in TE and are well liked. :)

But I would again suggest the Grado. Its sound will be leagues ahead of the EP-630 AND the is much sturdier so less chance of breakage. Just remember that the Grado should last you a couple of years while the Ep-630 has a good chance of breaking at any time due to the thin wires. So in the long run, you will most likely be spending the same amount repeatedly buying earphones. :bleh:

And your ears will thank you if you gift them a Grado SR-60 ! :eek:hyeah:

ahh.. i think you misread my post :p

OEM != Over Ear Monitor :p :p

OEM == Original Equipment Manufacturer!!

:p

so i finally bought the ep630 for 700 bucks( is that a good price??)

first impressions frankly speakin i dint like it that much..mebbe i was expecting a lot after readin a lot of good things about it but now slowly im beginning to like it ... i think the bass overshadows the mid and high range

but still really nice considering the price and a considerable upgrade from my last earphones ( was using a philips set which cost me 250 bucks and omg the sound from them considerin the price is truly unbelievable )

anyway i guess il wait for burn in and later when these go bad il go for better earphones with a good soundstage and good overall sound

anyway thank u guys for ur help

Back