HELP: Reliance Fresh Sellings Expired Products (Proof Inside)

Nothing new and its not limited to Reliance fresh either. Most super marts (the chain ones and the local ones as well) seem to sell expired and near expiry products. If you have a two/three for the price of one, 25% or more discount kind of offers on food products, be wary as they are sure gonna be near expiry and in some cases expired products.

Its not limited to super marts either. With super marts, the products at least have expiry dates so that wary customers can avoid bad stuff. Ever since I moved to the North India, I have observed that the bakery's around here do not remove their old stuff. Bakery's in the south either get their stuff sold before they go bad or at least remove the stuff after a few days even if it does not get sold or at least warn their customers before selling very old stock even if its good. But here they never remove old stuff till it goes black with mold and these people do not even warn their customers. They always claim that its fresh. On several occasions I got stuff that has gone bad or even has mold already forming on them and thats from multiple bakery's and multiple places in the north (Allahabad, Kanpur, Delhi, Chandigarh and Mohali). Although I never faced this in the south, who can ever be sure.

Bit OT: One of friend's defense for the expired product is, it says 'Best before XXXX', not 'Worst after XXXX'. You can consume that product, just don't expect the best! :D

Dinesh, one suggestion.

Post this somewhere else to which we can link people. TE doesnt allow people who arent registered to read the threads.

If you have a blog, then post the link of your blog where you have discussed this. That would help ibn getting more coverage.

Ya this is what I was talking about in a thread couple of days back(malls thread).
Have always noticed that the products in Malls/big Stors on discounts/schemes, etc. have expiry date nearing/closeby.

Keep an eye out for such things guys!

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
thanks your for ur support axeman.

i have a query though..

my exams for MBA are startin today and would end by 7th Nov.

will it be OK, if i continue with my agitation against this frak-up incident after that time time..?

i have kept the bill, juice can etc safe...

PS:

SPREAD THE INFORMATION GUYs.... show this companys wat our beloved medium can do against such things..

spread the LINKS, BLOG IT.. do whatever u can to make this a good initiative for the consumers

Send ur parents to the PS then, later u can ten take with municipal guys

Nikhil said:
Dinesh, one suggestion.

Post this somewhere else to which we can link people. TE doesnt allow people who arent registered to read the threads.

If you have a blog, then post the link of your blog where you have discussed this. That would help ibn getting more coverage.
creating a blog rite now.
will update here and also in the 1st post.
kindly spread the word guys.... i am determined to take some action against this social goons for these torture.

There is one point with that 'near expiry' poster put up. I bet none of the products are near expiry, as they would sell them at full price here. Its not expired therfore why discount. So think there is a good chance that a lot of the items on that shelf are past the expiry date.

This is a fact in majority of the grocery stores- not just reliance fresh. There are certain stores that make it a point to remove the expiry dates- like drinks in plastic bottles. Its just my opinion but the title and the content need to be arranged in a manner that readers would be checking this in all grocery stores and not make this appear only to reliance fresh.

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
Blogged it guys !!!

Reliance Fresh ? not really !

spread the word and spread the link !

One suggestion from my side. Kindly forward your blog to leading newspaper's email id. I'll be providing you with their e-mail id's soon.

TOI - editor@timesofindia.com

DNA - editoronline@dnaindia.net

The Telegraph - ttedit@abpmail.com
More coming your way.

sumchamp said:
One suggestion from my side. Kindly forward your blog to leading newspaper's email id. I'll be providing you with their e-mail id's soon.

TOI - editor@timesofindia.com

DNA - editoronline@dnaindia.net

The Telegraph - ttedit@abpmail.com
More coming your way.

thanks for the inputs.

send other email id`s too. lets see what this tv wala ppl do ?

i highly doubt they would have to power and guts to go against a company like reliance thru which they get lots and lots of revenue.

still i hope for the best.

sent a mail to all of em already :)

warm regards

PS:

can anyone help me with a formal mail that i should sent to all these TV channels ?

i am preparing for my exams :( as well as peekin @ this thread :p

Mail the bLog link to everyone in your contact list (request)

http://resoluteconsumer.blogspot.com/

Inform every Consumer

apextwin146 said:
This is so common man .. Y do u think the Products were marked 50% off in the first place .. Do u think they were up for sale ? This is a bery common phenomena as due to recession the perishable Items wrnt being cosumed in a timely manner (due to lack of demand) you are still in a metro so its kinda suprising that this stuff happens .. In Mysore (tier-2) city all we get it 4 months old stock for each and every item and there is nothing that can be done abt it cuz these ppl will only push that kinda stock to Tier -2 cities which are slow moving ..

Though i agree with you that they should have warned but it never hurts to use a little common sense .. You are doing an MBA and it never occured to as to the reason y these products are being sold at 50% off?Suprising ..

What they are doing is illegal .

And there is no reason MBA/ No MBA they can sell items after expiry date .

main_trouble said:
What they are doing is illegal .

And there is no reason MBA/ No MBA they can sell items after expiry date .

i wanted 2 say the same to apex.. but dint comment thinking it would illogically make the thread loose its ground.

me being a MBA or no MBA does not have any relation with reliance selling some expired sh1t to its consumers :)

warm regards

Mail the bLog link to everyone in your contact list (request)

http://resoluteconsumer.blogspot.com/

Inform every Consumer

@op great initiative.
action you are going to take is pretty useless.whom are you going to complain to?.TOI,DNA etc
What you guys do not know is something called PT.Full form is private treaties.yes just like our own brits vs indians.What it means is the newspaper like TOI and others will promote your product,company etc and in return you will have to buy advertisements in the newspapers.
Do you ever see the news on the above mentioned papers.its all about srk vrs salman khan,big b vrs srk and all that shite?.Have you guys ever given a thot to all this.This is the great consumerism wherein useless (no mind)consumers will gulp everything that is printed on these rag sheets.TRP,s getting more ads etc.
So OP this is quite useless.You will lose your energy and faith in society.
However there is one way.
If you are a shareholder of reliance(RIL) of mukesh ambani group you can talk to them and ask them to protect the share holders value.You can point out the harm it creates for a brand name.That is the only way.
If as some one pointed out going to police station,consumer courts,courts of law is the way to approach this then i am convinced that you my dear op will lose your sanity,and your faith in society.
We live in a society wherein one person cannot change the mindset.Infact if you try to change you can be jailed and even killed.eg Dr Biyanak Sen and the late Mr Manjunath who was killed for questioning.

So dear op forget it and learn the lesson.In future try not to shop there.By you not shopping there millions will take your place.Not their loss.Only your benefit.

cheers

johnie1 said:
@op great initiative.
action you are going to take is pretty useless.whom are you going to complain to?.TOI,DNA etc
What you guys do not know is something called PT.Full form is private treaties.yes just like our own brits vs indians.What it means is the newspaper like TOI and others will promote your product,company etc and in return you will have to buy advertisements in the newspapers.
Do you ever see the news on the above mentioned papers.its all about srk vrs salman khan,big b vrs srk and all that shite?.Have you guys ever given a thot to all this.This is the great consumerism wherein useless (no mind)consumers will gulp everything that is printed on these rag sheets.TRP,s getting more ads etc.
So OP this is quite useless.You will lose your energy and faith in society.
However there is one way.
If you are a shareholder of reliance(RIL) of mukesh ambani group you can talk to them and ask them to protect the share holders value.You can point out the harm it creates for a brand name.That is the only way.
If as some one pointed out going to police station,consumer courts,courts of law is the way to approach this then i am convinced that you my dear op will lose your sanity,and your faith in society.
We live in a society wherein one person cannot change the mindset.Infact if you try to change you can be jailed and even killed.eg Dr Biyanak Sen and the late Mr Manjunath who was killed for questioning.

So dear op forget it and learn the lesson.In future try not to shop there.By you not shopping there millions will take your place.Not their loss.Only your benefit.

cheers

that was quite an advice !!
especially the brutal killing part .... :(

damn what to do now ?

To get some perspsective he has quoted examples, of human rights activism & oil mafia, i don't think expired packaged drink is somehow quite in the same category! -- its in consumer activism, so johnie mate unless you can recall some examples of consumer activists getting capped.....

Ignore it and keep on doing what you're doing :)

Simply because it inspires ppl not to take shit and keep quiet as that only perpetuates even more of the same ;)

Oh well, we're only indian can't expect better now can we !!

Back