HELP ! - Ultrawide Monitor advice

dktechsavvy

Patron
title and since im getting a decent deal (i hope)
so i currently have a LG 25" 25U85-B monitor, but 25 inch is a compromise as ultrawide monitor, i had realised after buying itself but since then it has been working so never bothered.
Always was interested in getting a 29 inch or 34 inch (much higher resolution and proper upgrade) so up the desktop experience.

Im getting a decent deal on 2 ultrawide monitors both of same resolution as my current monitor 2560x1080px
Dell 29 inch U2913WMT monitor 60Hz - DP ports only working with nvidia(not a concern for me, will probably hold the deal for sometime), bough in may 2015- 7k offer
LG 29 inch 29UM69G monitor 75Hz - has type c display port, bough in may 2021 - 7k offer - personally thinking to get this one
Both can be bought for 15k

Please advice

What is your use case?

Since there is no change in the screen resolution, the size increase may instead feel counter - intuitive and you may feel blockiness in text etc, going to a lower DPi

The 25 inch 1080p UW and 34 inch 1440p UWs are closer in DPi and therefore may feel like a much better upgrade. Definitely costlier though!!!

my usage is for daily use, basic tasks, casual gaming randomly. nothing specific as such. i undersand 29 with same resolution will lower the clarity i have but 25 feels smaller for ultrawide (or maybe its just me). im open to suggestions and feedback. practically 34 is the correct choice for upgrade but going to be much costly, for this scnario im even considering to use this current 25 for basic tasks or maybe resell and replace with one of 29.

I think the resolution is low for that size. I would say visit a store nearby and check out a similar monitor to see if you are okay with it.
Try reading some text on it, from a similar distance as your home setup.
And 25" is not UW.

25 is slightly small, it is the same height as a 20 or 21 inch normal monitor.

29 inch ultra wides have the same height as 24 inch regular monitors. So it won't feel really blocky, might be just OK.

Currently, what do you feel limited by, screen size or screen resolution? That may help decide the upgrade path.

not really, i have a dell 21.5 just next to the 25 ultrawide, heigh of ultrawide is noticeably less.
its not really limited as such but the experience is restricted to to smaller size of ultrwide and forming a narrow wide area. as all the other displays i use are wide 16:9 except this one.

Back