Help with Netflix and 4k 65 inch tv please?

So, not had a TV connection in over a decade, but planning a new TV for Netflix.

Couple of questions:

1. Is a 4K tv worth it? My netflix account says it supports 4K. My internet is 150mbps. Is the bandwith enough for 4K
2. Suggestions for a 65" 4K tv [if you guys think that 4K is worth it]

So, not had a TV connection in over a decade, but planning a new TV for Netflix.

Couple of questions:

1. Is a 4K tv worth it? My netflix account says it supports 4K. My internet is 150mbps. Is the bandwith enough for 4K
2. Suggestions for a 65" 4K tv [if you guys think that 4K is worth it]
Yes 4k on TV is worth it, cherry over the top is that Netflix looks really good in 4k 60fps Its a eye candy. You will be amazed that you were missing too much.Netfix on any other platform doesnt justify as TV.
I used to watch netflix on PC,Mac,iPad,iPhone,Android Phone but Android TV(Sony 4k tv) really surprises me.I would really recommend to get a TV for it.
You will never know until you watch on person.
As for buying TV it depends on your budget.

Increase your budget a little bit more and get the MI 75 inch QLED. Check out the thread on Hifivision for this TV. Because even at 1L, you will only be getting the Tier-3 or Tier-2 stuff in 65 inch from Samsung/LG/Sony. The MI TV should have some good cashbacks available during sales. I think people have bought it for as low as 1.15L. Not only do you get more real estate at 75 inches, but this is also MI's flagship product instead of their beginner range.

I'd say for netflix Hisense U6G or the Mi 75 inch is a better buy as suggested above, I've heard for MI one user having bad panels in the hifivison thread but they did help with replacements according to him. If youre okay with buying 55 inches at 1L there are some good options too.

No place for 75.

Now looking at the LG UP7500 series, but reviewers are saying that it's a pot luck whether you get a VA panel or a IPS one?

No place for 75.

Now looking at the LG UP7500 series, but reviewers are saying that it's a pot luck whether you get a VA panel or a IPS one?
The thing is that LG/Samsung/Sony charge a whole lot for the jump from 55 to 65 inch. And it is still their entry level TV. At 80k - 1L range, one then gets the option to get a better TV although in 55 inch size. If the increase in size is more important to you than the PQ, then you can go ahead and buy the UP7500. Try and see if your local retailer will match the online price and that way you can check whether you are getting a VA panel or an IPS (if they allow).

But i would suggest get a tv from reputed brands like sony,lg or samsung only as they have better aftersales service xiaomi,realme etc dont have good aftersales.

I'd suggest to go for LG OLED TV 55" BX series. You can get it under 1 lac currently on Flipkart and it offers best bang for buck. Nothing comes close to OLED in picture quality plus you'll get 3 years warranty as a special offer.

It is difficult to get a decent 65" from a reputed brand under 1 lac. The Sony /LG/Samsung posted by you are the entry level models of respective brands and should be avoided.

I'd suggest to go for LG OLED TV 55" BX series. You can get it under 1 lac currently on Flipkart and it offers best bang for buck. Nothing comes close to OLED in picture quality plus you'll get 3 years warranty as a special offer.

It is difficult to get a decent 65" from a reputed brand under 1 lac. The Sony /LG/Samsung posted by you are the entry level models of respective brands and should be avoided.

This one would be good?

OK, upped the budget to 2 lakhs. Getting a Sony OLED a80j for 209,000 and a LG c1 OLED for 205,000. Both 65".

Which would you guys recommend? Sales guy says that sony has dolby atmos and google TV which make it a better choice for Netflix.

Last edited:
This one would be good?

OK, upped the budget to 2 lakhs. Getting a Sony OLED a80j for 209,000 and a LG c1 OLED for 205,000. Both 65".

Which would you guys recommend? Sales guy says that sony has dolby atmos and google TV which make it a better choice for Netflix.

LG C1 for 2.05lac is good price. You can also try for LG G1 65" around 2.1 lac.

Google TV is not much of advantage, you can easily get it via realme stick.

Wow since you started from 60k and now upped to 2 lakhs, be mindful that law of diminishing returns applies. After a certain point you're really not getting your money's worth. But if you're gonna splurge, don't go for anything else but Sony.

Pretty sure the OP will end up with end up with a 8K flexible OLED screen in a couple of days the way the budget is increasing. [emoji14]

Do try get max possible warranty for the oleds. Do check for burn in cover(burn issue has been reduced a lot, but risk is still there with oleds). Specifically ask to clarify if burn in covered or not.

Back