Help with PC randomly restarting

You should test with the VS650 for your system it should be fine.
Some Antec EA PSUs have transient sensitivity issues and a few batches were made by FSP on completely different, worse, group-regulated platform.

Can this be just because of low supply voltage? Maybe there was a momentary fluctuation in the mains which caused your PC to reboot. I have faced similar issues recently due to a bad supply transformer nearby. It finally blew up a few days later and post repair, voltage seems stable for now.

You should test with the VS650 for your system it should be fine.
Some Antec EA PSUs have transient sensitivity issues and a few batches were made by FSP on completely different, worse, group-regulated platform.
Yes but mine is one of the good ones and not that Chinese one, I'll check with that if this happens again.
Can this be just because of low supply voltage? Maybe there was a momentary fluctuation in the mains which caused your PC to reboot. I have faced similar issues recently due to a bad supply transformer nearby. It finally blew up a few days later and post repair, voltage seems stable for now.
Ya There's some voltage issues throughout home. I'm using it with inverter ups in ups mode so it should take over when voltage fluctuates too low so didn't doubt it yet. It's not in good condition after one of the outlet got burnt but it's working fine when there's power cuts. It'll be replaced sometime later on so that's covered.

it is a power issue .

idk but when you login into bios verify the voltage (bottom right) in bios if the bios supports

1665901897965.png

check if the voltages are within the 5% .Generally in asus these readings are in realtime and if they are critically low the text is in red. Most probably connection might be loose or smps is genuinely bad.

Another observation would be supposedly your + 12 + 5 +3.3 remain below the actual value lets say may be 11.8 4.8 2.8 and remains constant for 10 - 5 minutes that to indicates your psu is bad . your system will boot but the voltages might drop causing your internal device to fail.

If all your voltages are as per spec there is a good chance that your CPU Power Cable (EPS12v) and GPU power cable are sharing the power rails and that rail might not be able to handle the combined load when your system is under load

Try to connect gpu cable to different port (different rail) and do the stability test. things would be good.

it is a power issue .

idk but when you login into bios verify the voltage (bottom right) in bios if the bios supports

View attachment 148678

check if the voltages are within the 5% .Generally in asus these readings are in realtime and if they are critically low the text is in red. Most probably connection might be loose or smps is genuinely bad.

Another observation would be supposedly your + 12 + 5 +3.3 remain below the actual value lets say may be 11.8 4.8 2.8 and remains constant for 10 - 5 minutes that to indicates your psu is bad . your system will boot but the voltages might drop causing your internal device to fail.

If all your voltages are as per spec there is a good chance that your CPU Power Cable (EPS12v) and GPU power cable are sharing the power rails and that rail might not be able to handle the combined load when your system is under load

Try to connect gpu cable to different port (different rail) and do the stability test. things would be good.
What do you mean by 5%?
I'll check bios if these are showing for me and update.
@burntwingzZz i booted in to bios and it's showing this, is this fine? 12v fluctuated once to 12.0xx v something then went back to same 11.980v
20221016_141730_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
The difference (tolerance) for the expected vs actual voltage of the power supply. So 5% deviation on 12V would be 11.4V to 12.6V. Similarly you can calculate for 5V and 3.3V rails. Yours is well within range.
Thanks but i don't think that's what he meant by that. He mentioned about that 5% separately first and then said that if they're constantly below 12/5/3v by even a little bit then psu is bad which mine is hence I'm confused. I'll probably give my psu for RMA if it happens again, i don't have the tools nor the experience to figure this out myself.

Thanks but i don't think that's what he meant by that. He mentioned about that 5% separately first and then said that if they're constantly below 12/5/3v by even a little bit then psu is bad which mine is hence I'm confused. I'll probably give my psu for RMA if it happens again, i don't have the tools nor the experience to figure this out myself.
mate silents interpretation is correct .and your voltages are in range . just make sure yoour cpu and GPu power cables are not on the same rails

kind of yes how the sockets are connected internally varries from different manufacturer + per model basis . smart way is just move the GPU connector from SMPS end
It's not modular but it looks like two different cables.
Attaching pictures for reference. Also the PC restarted again so I'm gonna start with psu rma later on.

20221023_003724.jpg

20221023_003732.jpg

Back