Help with Sharp inverter AC coil leak problem

vizz

Disciple
Hello,

This AC is again giving me problem (even when very rarely used after the previous two occurrences) of very low cooling (it has been like that for long time, but ignored it as I rarely used < 28C)

Earlier faced these issues with this box
https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/water-dripping-from-sharp-inverter-split-ac.174571
https://www.techenclave.com/communi...18mv-orange-colour-timer-lamp-blinking.149468

Suspected the low cooling problem to be gas leak, I called local service technician in chennai. He observed that aluminum coil has a leak and needs to be replaced and quoted 8k for replacing with a copper coil and he mentioned aluminum ones can not be repaired using welding. Then I called the sharp customer service and they inspected and said the same thing, but quoted 24k !!:( Of course, just for their visits I paid more than 800. My AC was bought in May 2015 after reading glowing reviews on TE, and has been giving problems whenever I tried to use it somewhat regularly.

They claim that this part is not covered under 5 year warranty. They say only compressor is covered and they ask me for copy of warranty card, which these croma and sharp installation team have not filled despite me asking (not sure this part will be covered even then). What is my option right now. Can I sell this piece of junk for anything? I would like to get rid of this cancer if I have to pay 24k on this and buy a voltas/daikin/hitachi normal 3-star AC and get some peace of mind. I had installed carrier/voltas in my hometown and they never gave any issue in last many years.

Please suggest what are my options in front of me. Can I file a case in consumer court on them for selling such a pathetic and inferior product? It's fine if I lose 24k on this if I'm going to win it, at least it will bring personal satisfaction to me.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the issues about Sharp inverter AC, this place was filled with unbridled enthusiasm about these ACs some time back and now we are getting to know about the problems , one more member had posted about his bad experience about Sharp inverter AC here.

These reviews made me go with Daikin Hi inverters but you never know what will happen in future, so will keep people posted here if any issue crops up.

Thanks for posting the issues about Sharp inverter AC, this place was filled with unbridled enthusiasm about these ACs some time back and now we are getting to know about the problems , one more member had posted about his bad experience about Sharp inverter AC here.

These reviews made me go with Daikin Hi inverters but you never know what will happen in future, so will keep people posted here if any issue crops up.

I am no expert, but I would advise you to not go ahead with inverters. Please check http://myphilippinelife.com/inverter-air-conditioners-not-the-best-choice-for-everyone/

They have lot of electronic components which are costly and prone to damages. I lost my face in my home for buying this

Last edited by a moderator:
I am no expert, but I would advise you to not go ahead with inverters. Please check http://myphilippinelife.com/inverter-air-conditioners-not-the-best-choice-for-everyone/

They have lot of electronic components which are costly and prone to damages. I lost my face in my home for buying this

As i posted above, i have already bought Two Daikin HI inverters one and half year ago. The Ac's are working fine, bills are moderate and i can never go back to normal Ac's now due to comfort factor provided by inverter Ac's maintaining constant temperature which i value even more than the electric bill savings which are touted as the number 1 selling point of inverter Ac's.

I have Four Daikins Ac's at home and all are working fine, even the local Nagpur Daikin service guys are good and reach the same day for any cleaning, maintenance etc. Hopefully, The Daikin's premium range will last long and even if these does not then i will have to go for inverter Ac's only. In case any issue crops up with my AC's, i will post on TE and share the experience.

I also read reviews about this model and bought one from snapdeal in 2015 and within a month this same leakage issue started, It felt like raining sometimes and harsh sounds were there, 2 weeks in month it works bad and 2 weeks it works fine, its one silly machine so I have replaced it last year with samsung triangle model. Sharp is a big nono.

Back