help with upgrading

^^ #aka007 get the, Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/- [minimum go for this] OR better will be

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3500/- [the S12II 430W costs ~3100/- but this is a better deal overall for an increment of ~500/-].

please dont increase the budget. decrease it. i just have a core 2 duo. So what about the fsp 500w. i am ready for the CX 430W but read all -ve comments about it. People say it is better to get the CX 400W than CX430W . It has a cheap build or something. How much is the CX 450W. Can anyone get me that used or new.

Sir cx400 isn't available in the market anymore,CX430V2 is the replacement you can call it,There's no psu called CX450W,are you reffering to VX450,you might get that in the market section for 2.5k with 3 years warranty left,hope this clears things.
please dont increase the budget. decrease it. i just have a core 2 duo. So what about the fsp 500w. i am ready for the CX 430W but read all -ve comments about it. People say it is better to get the CX 400W than CX430W . It has a cheap build or something. How much is the CX 450W. Can anyone get me that used or new.

Sir cx400 isn't available in the market anymore,CX430V2 is the replacement you can call it,There's no psu called CX450W,are you reffering to VX450,you might get that in the market section for 2.5k with 3 years warranty left,hope this clears things.

is the FSP 500W not good enough

[font=arial, sans-serif]one last question..[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]the fsp 500W is for 2.2k[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]the CX 430 V2 is for 2.4k[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]i think as fsp has 500W it is better. and fsp is 80 plus efficiency. and it is cheap. and hd 5770 requires 450W. so why to buy the CX430 V2 when it is only 430W??? just reply with adequate info[/font]

^ if you are not going to update the gfx then cx430 will be best option better build than saga and also has 3yrs warranty whereas saga got 2yrs only and corsair also got better support too...but if you are in budget and planning to upgrade gfx or into overclocking then saga it is can handle 6850 at ease...

[font=arial, sans-serif]one last question..[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]the fsp 500W is for 2.2k[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]the CX 430 V2 is for 2.4k[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]i think as fsp has 500W it is better. and fsp is 80 plus efficiency. and it is cheap. and hd 5770 requires 450W. so why to buy the CX430 V2 when it is only 430W??? just reply with adequate info[/font]

FSP Saga II series SMPS have shorter cable lengths than competing offerings from Corsair / Seasonic / Cooler Master, so that is a problem, as well as the Corsair CX V2 430 is an exemplary SMPS in the vein of its older cousin the CX 400 --> http://www.hardwares...ply-Review/1284 / http://www.jonnyguru...=Story&reid=239

The Good:
  • affordable
  • excellent ripple suppression
  • well above average voltage regulation for a group design
  • handled full power temps over the temp spec

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Bad:[/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]soldering could use improvement[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Mediocre:[/font][/font]
  • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]nothing[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]
[/font]

Also read this --> http://www.techenclave.com/topic/478476-difference-between-fsp-saga-ii-500w-and-corsair-450vx/

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The CX V2 430 is quite capable of pulling graphics cards upto the HD 6850 with ease, so go ahead and purchase that over the FSP.[/font][/font]

If you can i would advise to buy Seasonic S12II 430w PSU eyes closed... Its 80+ bronze certified and comes with 5 yrs warranty... the extra two years warranty is worth exta 500 bucks...

• Q: What is your budget?
    • 5 k
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2 ghz (2 CPUs)
    • Motherboard - ASUS P5N-MX Nvidia Chipset Driver
    • GPU - Nvidia GeForce 7050/ Nvidia nForce 610i (it is 256mb but i dont know why it shows 512mb)
    • RAM - 2 GB
    • Monitor - Samsung CRT 17 inch SyncMaster 789 MB plus
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor
    • CPU
    • Motherboard
  • Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • GPU
    • Ram
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase
    • Chennai
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• Yes if it is in good and working condition(problem free)
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Civilization 4
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
    • prince of persia latest
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • if i get help from someone
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows XP,7

Hey ! Do you mind overclocking your CPU . It'll be really good for playing the games you mentioned . core 2 duo at 2.2ghz just won't cut it anymore.

Also the GPU at around 5k are:-

1) HD6670(best bang for buck)

2) HD5670(good performer but slower than HD6670)

But I recommend you to look at HD6750 or gts450(just up your budget a little) . They give you approx. 35-40% more performance than above two for a very little price . So please do consider these.

Hey ! Sorry for double post but I just noticed that you have asus mobo . I can definately help you overclock(I have similar one and I have oveclocked my proccessoq e7500 from 2.93 to 3.57 ghz) . If you want , I can write a guide here if admin allows me in new thread

Hey ! Sorry for double post but I just noticed that you have asus mobo . I can definately help you overclock(I have similar one and I have oveclocked my proccessoq e7500 from 2.93 to 3.57 ghz) . If you want , I can write a guide here if admin allows me in new thread

what are the disadvantages of overclocking.

...do you guys really think that the E4500 can cope with any of the newer games...?? Though this might be ok for the games he is intending to play as of now, it really will be outdated in a few months, he will be here again asking how to go further, don't you think?

IMO..save the 5K till you can upgrade it where you will a noticeable improvement.

...adding just a GPU to that CPU will not really help him so much, wait till the OP has like 15-20K to upgrade, then for sure there will be a much bigger noticeable improvement, and will help him in the longer run, thats what I would do,..

..its the OP's choice, but I recommend to wait it out a bit and collect some funds if possible and then make a bigger wiser upgrade.

...do you guys really think that the E4500 can cope with any of the newer games...?? Though this might be ok for the games he is intending to play as of now, it really will be outdated in a few months, he will be here again asking how to go further, don't you think?

IMO..save the 5K till you can upgrade it where you will a noticeable improvement.

...adding just a GPU to that CPU will not really help him so much, wait till the OP has like 15-20K to upgrade, then for sure there will be a much bigger noticeable improvement, and will help him in the longer run, thats what I would do,..

..its the OP's choice, but I recommend to wait it out a bit and collect some funds if possible and then make a bigger wiser upgrade.

i know the E4500 is old. But i am adding the graphic card now. And when i will be upgrading the whole system that time i wont have to upgrade the GPU. So it is like 5k now or later. One and the same thing.

P.S. I am not any hard core gamer.

If at all you write a thread do send a link.

i know the E4500 is old. But i am adding the graphic card now. And when i will be upgrading the whole system that time i wont have to upgrade the GPU. So it is like 5k now or later. One and the same thing.

P.S. I am not any hard core gamer.

You see you will be going from Bottleneck to bottleneck. First it will be your CPU, then when you upgrade that it will becomeyour GPU
<

Better to save that 5K and buy the GPU then together with the CPU, you will be much happier then....

So it is like 5k now or later. One and the same thing.

No 5K later will buy you a better GPU too ....later ie.

But then again if you wanna upgrade now sure thing go ahead
<

Back