Laptops Here comes the Sony Vaio E series - Budget Gaming

DarkAngel

Skilled
Looking for affordbale, QUALITY gaming latops?
Look no further than the Vaio E series.

VPCEB14EN
Core i-3 330M
3GB DDR3
320GB HDD
15.5" WXGA (1366*768)
512MB DDR3 HD5470
MRP: 39,000
Street Price: 36-37k INR~ (Vaios have a street price of 5-8% less than their MRP)

Best deal for ppl on budget. This should give the Dell Studio 15 a run for its money. I dont think there is any other laptop priced for ~36-37k with the HD5470 :hap5:

VPCEB16FG
Core i-3 330M
4GB DDR3
5000GB HDD
15.5 (Full-HD: 1920 x 1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Plus, LED Backlight)
1GB DDR3 HD5650
MRP: 50,000
Street Price: 46.5-47.5k INR~ (Vaios have a street price of 5-8% less than their MRP)

Now sony has a serious contender for ppl looking for affordable gaming latops :)

Ppl can argue that this comes with i-3 but the GPU matters for gaming and there is little difference between a i-3 and i-5 than say a HD5470 and HD5650

Also the VPCEB16FG comes with great screen and cool colors :D

the second model does look like it will be a good sell out.

At 46, the kind of screen you are getting with the GPU makes it a really nice Indian deal.

Thanks for sharing

finally sony has realized that overcharging us won't work!! the new core i3/i5 vaios are stunningly beautiful!!!

i wish they had some more affordable 14.1/13.3 inchers.

DarkAngel said:

VPCEB16FG
Core i-3 330M
4GB DDR3
5000GB HDD
15.5 (Full-HD: 1920 x 1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Plus, LED Backlight)
1GB DDR3 HD5650
Street Price: 46.5-47.5k INR~ (Vaios have a street price of 5-8% less than their MRP)

Now sony has a serious contender for ppl looking for affordable gaming latops :)

Ppl can argue that this comes with i-3 but the GPU matters for gaming and there is little difference between a i-3 and i-5 than say a HD5470 and HD5650

Also the VPCEB16FG comes with great screen and cool colors :D

Is it possible to get the same configured laptop from the US ??

Searched through best buy but couldn't find with 5650 gpu :S

Lazzy Boy said:
Is it possible to get the same configured laptop from the US ??

Searched through best buy but couldn't find with 5650 gpu :S

Even the Sony USA site shows only HD5470 for E series. Only the indian site has a HD5650 option!!!!:eek:hyeah:

DarkAngel said:

VPCEB14EN

Core i-3 330M

3GB DDR3

320GB HDD

15.5" WXGA (1366*768)

512MB DDR3 HD5470

MRP: 39,000

Street Price: 36-37k INR~ (Vaios have a street price of 5-8% less than their MRP)

VPCEB16FG

Core i-3 330M

4GB DDR3

5000GB HDD

1GB DDR3 HD5650

I went to Vijay Sales 2 days back and the price of the first model there was Rs. 39000 and the for the second model it was Rs 49000. Have you checked out the street price that you have mentioned?

I'm going in for the first model. Second is a bit out of budget.

I went to Vijay Sales 2 days back and the price of the first model there was Rs. 39000 and the for the second model it was Rs 49000. Have you checked out the street price that you have mentioned?

I'm going in for the first model. Second is a bit out of budget.

In chennai delta offers on 5% flat off on MRP for all sony vaio models till date. They haven't updated this model in their site though. I have seen ppl posting that they get even upto 7-8% off on MRP in places like mumbai.

I guess its pricier at Pune due to the OCTROI. So does the 39k price includes OCTROI too?(how much %?)

Hey guys wont that ATI 5650 be crippled cause of the FullHD Screen on the VPCEB16FG. So in turn affecting its gaming capabilities. :huh:

And how is the over all build quality, warranty, and after sales service of Sony??
Plus just read some where that Sony under clocks the CPU & the GPU to keep the machine cooler any truth in this??? :S. And any heating problems or any??

@ Sei - The Sony India site is quoting Rs. 38,900/- E Series for that model. So do bargain with the Vijay Sales people or try to find it some where else. You can surely get it for 36k-37k ;)

jags1987 said:
Hey guys wont that ATI 5650 be crippled cause of the FullHD Screen on the VPCEB16FG. So in turn affecting its gaming capabilities. :huh:

As it is just a 15.5" screen we can play the game at lowered resoultions and it wont look bad. Why do you want to game at native resoultion?

DarkAngel said:
In chennai delta offers on 5% flat off on MRP for all sony vaio models till date. They haven't updated this model in their site though. I have seen ppl posting that they get even upto 7-8% off on MRP in places like mumbai.

I guess its pricier at Pune due to the OCTROI. So does the 39k price includes OCTROI too?(how much %?)

Umm, I think that is all inclusive. Plus, they are giving a bag and 2,500 worth of "goodies". But still, will try to bargain.

jags1987 said:
@ Sei - The Sony India site is quoting Rs. 38,900/- E Series for that model. So do bargain with the Vijay Sales people or try to find it some where else. You can surely get it for 36k-37k ;)

Yup, will take a good look at the bag and the free stuff.. most probably picking up an LCD too so they should give me some kind of discount.

Will not be able to make it today. Will be going tomorrow. Will report back when purchased! :)

DarkAngel said:
As it is just a 15.5" screen we can play the game at lowered resoultions and it wont look bad. Why do you want to game at native resoultion?

I had no clue how would it look at lower details and lowered resolution thats why asked:).

Sei said:
Will not be able to make it today. Will be going tomorrow. Will report back when purchased! :)

Waiting to hear from you about the over all build quality and stuff and seeing a nice Show off :hap2:

i have decided to buy sony vaio cw 26FG

VPCCW26FG : CW Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

its MRP is 58000 but someone told me that i can get vaio laptops at 5-8% lesser than MRP. i am in bangalore and the nearest sony centre i visited wasnt ready to reduce prices by even 2% :( so where should i go in bangalore to get the best prices on vaio :huh:

OMG , How did I miss this thread. I was looking for a sub 50k laptop for my brother since last 1-2 weeks. Had almost finalized on a custom studio 15 with i3,500GB,4GB RAM,512 MB ATI card and complete cover for 1yr. Was quoted ~46k for the same but at the last moment DELL changed thier plans and gave me a quotation of 50k saying they have made 1GB ATI card minimum for all studio 15.

Even when you configure a S15 online ,1GB card is stock.

3-4 days back I checked out the new Sony E-series at Jumbo Electronics and I was stunned at the pricing of the Vaio laptops. I checked out both the mentioned models , the one for 39k and other for 49.9k. The one with Full HD , actually has a better screen ,The clarity and contrast levels are really good and the screen stands out compared to every other laptop I tried out @ Jumbo electronics. (DV6,Acer 5738,5740 etc.)

Also the finish and build quality of the laptops is lot better than the HP models and Dell. I highly recommend both the models . For the first time Vaio seems to be a VFM option . :p

Finally today my bro got the VPCEB16FG for 47.1k from a Sony dealer on Lamington road. The dealer had initially promised a flat 7% discount on Sony laptops but later he said the E series are latest so He can only provide 5% discount.

I went to Vijay Sales yesterday and they agreed to reduce the price by 1k ~ Rs 38k for thr following config -

VPCEB14EN

Core i-3 330M

3GB DDR3

320GB HDD

15.5" WXGA (1366*768)

512MB DDR3 HD5470

Getting a free laptop bag (forgot to check how it looked.. again.. *dumb* ) and around 10 free items (USB cooling pad, USB light, mouse etc). Seems pretty reasonable. Told them that I'll think about it for a day and get back to them. The more time you make a sales guy spend on you, the more eager he is to seal the deal by reducing the price.:D

Will go back today and book the same.

They said that it's a new model and they cannot reduce the price further and not to tell my friends so that they also come and demand the same. I, of course, told him that I will not mention it anywhere :p

mahesh verma said:
i have decided to buy sony vaio cw 26FG

VPCCW26FG : CW Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

its MRP is 58000 but someone told me that i can get vaio laptops at 5-8% lesser than MRP. i am in bangalore and the nearest sony centre i visited wasnt ready to reduce prices by even 2% :( so where should i go in bangalore to get the best prices on vaio :huh:

Sony center wont even reduce Re.1 :p Chk out the big laptop stores at your place or big electronics stores like Croma. You should be able to get at least a 5% discount. :)

Finally bought the Sony VAIO VPCEB14EN for 38k all inclusive.

VPCEB14EN : E Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Along with it, I got a Sony VAIO laptop bag and some free things - laptop cooler pad, mouse, speakers, headphones (surprisingly comfy :O), USB hub, screen cleaner, USB LED light, lock and a USB Vaccuum cleaner (useless). Pretty useful stuff.

All in all, I'm satisfied and am going to post a show-off + review during this weekend. Too tired now and got office also :(

PS: As far as gaming is concerned, I'm only interested in TF2. So, am copying my humungous 32GB Steam folder and will probably take all night. Will post about the gaming performance in the review. Right now I tested Doom 3 at 1024x768 with medium settings. Was running absolutely smooth and I could probably up the settings a notch. The keyboard is a joy to type on! :D

Back