Laptops Here comes the Sony Vaio E series - Budget Gaming

DarkAngel said:
Looking for affordbale, QUALITY gaming latops?
Look no further than the Vaio E series.

VPCEB14EN
Core i-3 330M
3GB DDR3
320GB HDD
15.5" WXGA (1366*768)
512MB DDR3 HD5470
MRP: 39,000
Street Price: 36-37k INR~ (Vaios have a street price of 5-8% less than their MRP)

Best deal for ppl on budget. This should give the Dell Studio 15 a run for its money. I dont think there is any other laptop priced for ~36-37k with the HD5470 :hap5:

VPCEB16FG
Core i-3 330M
4GB DDR3
5000GB HDD
15.5 (Full-HD: 1920 x 1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Plus, LED Backlight)
1GB DDR3 HD5650
MRP: 50,000
Street Price: 46.5-47.5k INR~ (Vaios have a street price of 5-8% less than their MRP)

Now sony has a serious contender for ppl looking for affordable gaming latops :)

Ppl can argue that this comes with i-3 but the GPU matters for gaming and there is little difference between a i-3 and i-5 than say a HD5470 and HD5650

Also the VPCEB16FG comes with great screen and cool colors :D

First one is the best laptop available in india at this price and casual gaming without any hassle.

Can someone review VPCEB14EN with Need for Speed Shift and Colin McRae: DIRT 2 at MEDIUM setting.
Thanks in advance.

FaH33m said:
Finally today my bro got the VPCEB16FG for 47.1k from a Sony dealer on Lamington road. The dealer had initially promised a flat 7% discount on Sony laptops but later he said the E series are latest so He can only provide 5% discount.
Can you put up a small review for the laptop cause I cant find a review of the laptop anywhere....

I just wanna know the gaming performance, battery backup, weight, bulkiness and screen quality....

Unfortunately , by brother(cousin) lives in a hostel and I didn't get much time to try out the laptop when he bought it.I can vouch for the screen quality cause it was really outstanding .Gaming, battery back up and other features I will be able to checkout only when he comes to my place on a weekend or something. :p

^^ Is the laptop more like a desktop replacement ?... Cause in the gallery in sony website I see a Numpad on the keyboard .... so is it a really a huge laptop...

What's the battery life like? It's stated at 1.5 hrs in the website:huh: Isn't this sub-standard? Most laptops run for 2-3 hrs for normal usage.

Hey firstly Aman congrats.:hap2:
By the way which one did yo get the VPCEB14EN or the VPCEB16FG??
If its the VPCEB16FG can you post a small informative review on it:)

I got good news and bad.
Good news is i got the VPCEB14EN today from CROMA and i was pretty happy.
Now the bad news, i saw now what seems to be some issue with the lcd. Dead pixel or something.
Can you guys see the pink dot on the lcd???
Please You guys have to help me out.

Check the pic and tell me what too do?
21032010104.jpg

21032010105.jpg

jags1987 said:
Hey firstly Aman congrats.:hap2:
By the way which one did yo get the VPCEB14EN or the VPCEB16FG??
If its the VPCEB16FG can you post a small informative review on it:)

na its VPCEB14EN. this thing's gaming performance is pretty awesome for a lappy with such low cost (MAX'es CSS, and TF2 [tf2 with aa and af turned off]). the only bad thing i can say about this thing is its batterly life, only 90 mins on max brightness, and about 150 on the lowest brightness...

as for pradeep200417, i think you should go back to the store if ya can :|, perhaps they could help you....

Aman27deep said:
na its VPCEB14EN. this thing's gaming performance is pretty awesome for a lappy with such low cost (MAX'es CSS, and TF2 [tf2 with aa and af turned off]). the only bad thing i can say about this thing is its batterly life, only 90 mins on max brightness, and about 150 on the lowest brightness...

Thought so, was worried about its battery life. Still 90 mins full brightness... idle or gaming, movies, music?? And any idea if we can upgrade to a 9 cell battery? Was planning to get the VPCEB16FG after I am done with my exams:fatigue:

Back