Laptops Here comes the Sony Vaio E series - Budget Gaming

Sei said:
Shift runs smooth at toned down settings.. no lag. However, I still have to look into the underclocking part ( someone mentioned ) done by Sony. At the moment, it runs smoothly without issues.

thnx man.......

Sei said:
Shift runs smooth at toned down settings.. no lag. However, I still have to look into the underclocking part ( someone mentioned ) done by Sony. At the moment, it runs smoothly without issues.

Sei did u try with GTA4??

quick question - are the VT-X extensions disabled on sony laptops. I had read some time back that because of some stupid marketing reason, Sony disables VT-X through their motherboards even if the processors support it.

I need to run VMs on my lappy.

@silverbyte: i went into the BIOS of the Sony E laptop (B16 model) and there is a BIOS option to turn on virtualisation support (its disabled by default)... you can ask other owners for the B12/B14 models but surely it will be the same...

(I then also checked the /proc/cpuinfo file on Linux and it had the flags displayed indicating virtualisation support was enabled)..

Hi Sei,

I am from Pune and planning to buy a Sony Vaio - VPCEB14EN.
I have no gaming needs and need to run animation softwares like Photoshop, 3DMax, Maya, etc and video edit/converting.

What graphics card size will be required in my case?

Windows 7 Basic is provided as default. what are limitaions of Basic and do I need at least Windows Home Premium ? Can I get Premium or Professional and what about its installation (machine format and OS installation)?

Also some of these animation softwares are not compatible with Windows 7 and I need to run Windows XP. So what about virtualization support in Windows 7 ? Can I use softwares like Virtualbox/VMware on Windows 7.

What about performance, battery backup and customer service in Pune (also online support for drivers and other things)

I have heard of Heating problem with Vaio E series But as no one as using vaio-E in my contact I want a feedback from you.

What is price of VPCEB14EN in Pune ?

I have kept Lenovo - G560 as option to this. Can you comment/compare on this (service/brand)/style-look)

Lenovo - G560
Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor (2.13GHz 1066MHz 3MB),
4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz
HDD - 320GB
15.6 " WXGA LED Backlight TFT 1366x768
Windows 7 Premium
No dedicated graphics

hey vishalrao & sei what do you think about this lappy>>Asus N61J...

could some1 explain me what is this "optimus"??:S

got usb 3.0:eek:hyeah:

sites says priced @ 50,490 with 1 year warranty excluding taxes....

^^..very practical & as anandtech says its seamless( mere 200ms delay in shifting between the IGP and the dedicated GPU) and helps a lot in increasing battery life.

@ Techgear - Optimus is automatic switchable graphics from NVIDIA. To understand more on it do read from the above link; it explains everything wonderfully :). About your 1st query - read about it here its rated very highly. But I did check Asus India's website & its not mentioned on it, so cant comment on its local availability :).

techgear said:
hey vishalrao & sei what do you think about this lappy>>Asus N61J...

could some1 explain me what is this "optimus"??:S

got usb 3.0:eek:hyeah:

sites says priced @ 50,490 with 1 year warranty excluding taxes....

well, i cant add anything more that what is already mentioned in the pages in the link you posted, looks like a good review :) like them, the only negative thing i see is the "low res" (1366x768 non-full-HD) screen...

So Sony vaio E series is the best gaming laptop for around Rs.50,000/- or any other options available in India,someone please help me,need to buy one...

karthik1984 said:
So Sony vaio E series is the best gaming laptop for around Rs.50,000/- or any other options available in India,someone please help me,need to buy one...

well for the best gaming laptop around 50k in india right now....acer 5740g(6979) with i5 proccy+HD5650 is clear winner....:hap2:

techgear said:
well for the best gaming laptop around 50k in india right now....acer 5740g(6979) with i5 proccy+HD5650 is clear winner....:hap2:

Whats the best price i can get it for in Hyderabad..what s its MRP i didn't find it(the one with HD 5650) anywhere on the net.

karthik1984 said:
Whats the best price i can get it for in Hyderabad..what s its MRP i didn't find it(the one with HD 5650) anywhere on the net.

i dont know about hyderabad but its available for 43.5k in deltahttp://www.deltapage.com/laptop.pdf>>chk page 13...and i saw it on croma about 44.5k here in chennai...you wont find acer 5740g on acer india website coz they havent updated their site..i dunno since howlong:mad:

techgear said:
i dont know about hyderabad but its available for 43.5k in deltahttp://www.deltapage.com/laptop.pdf>>chk page 13...and i saw it on croma about 44.5k here in chennai...you wont find acer 5740g on acer india website coz they havent updated their site..i dunno since howlong:mad:

So you say Acer is the best around Rs.50000/- rather than Sony Vaio VPCEB16FG/B(but with i3 proccy...),actually i was planning to buy this,it looks really great and its available at around 46-48k,what do u say will it game well or should i go with Acer 5740g(i5+5650),isn't vaio good for gaming......i have to decide between these two laptops now..please suggest the best.........

HEY GUYS

I JUS BOUGHT SONY VAIO

VPCEB14EN

Core i-3 330M

3GB DDR3

320GB HDD

15.5" WXGA (1366*768)

512MB DDR3 HD5470

MRP: 39,000

BOUGHT IT FOR = 35500/-(FROM MUMBAI)

WILL B DELIVERED ON FRIDAY :D

WILL REVIEW IT AS SOON AS I GET IT..EAGERLY WAITING.

karthik1984 said:
So you say Acer is the best around Rs.50000/- rather than Sony Vaio VPCEB16FG/B(but with i3 proccy...),actually i was planning to buy this,it looks really great and its available at around 46-48k,what do u say will it game well or should i go with Acer 5740g(i5+5650),isn't vaio good for gaming......i have to decide between these two laptops now..please suggest the best.........

well if you wanna game..go 4 acer 5740g....vaio have gr8 full HD screen.is gud 4 watching hd movies...but if u seriously looking 4 gaming acer is the way 2go due to its higher clocked 5650:cool2:

intacto said:
HEY GUYS
I JUS BOUGHT SONY VAIO

VPCEB14EN
Core i-3 330M
3GB DDR3
320GB HDD
15.5" WXGA (1366*768)
512MB DDR3 HD5470

congrats mate:)....waiting for 2nd review of
VPCEB14EN from you,as 1st is already done by SEI.

intacto said:
HEY GUYS
I JUS BOUGHT SONY VAIO

VPCEB14EN
Core i-3 330M
3GB DDR3
320GB HDD
15.5" WXGA (1366*768)
512MB DDR3 HD5470

Hi intacto, Congrats.
Where do you bought this lappy ? Just bcause you got it at pretty less price.
Can you just give name/place details ?

I am looking for same model but price here in Pune is minimum 37K. so I get it from Mumbai from friends.

Back