Laptops Here comes the Sony Vaio E series - Budget Gaming

sanjukoli said:
Applications like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and flash. Also is the screen good for designing. Like how is the color display.

Apps you mentioned run fine. For the screen, I would recommend you have a look at it yourself at the nearest showroom. :)

I really didnt like the built quality and finish of E series laptops. Dell inspiron are anyday better, even HP's Dv series looks better than sony vaio e series. I was quite shattered by it.

Please guys stop recommending SONY over DELL anyday. Dell is much better considering the customer care feedback and warranty . Sony completely s*cks . My friend had to wait 1.5 months for an adapter of E series which afterwards they said will take another 2 months more . So you guys can guess what SONY is !!

somebodystopme said:
I really didnt like the built quality and finish of E series laptops. Dell inspiron are anyday better, even HP's Dv series looks better than sony vaio e series. I was quite shattered by it.
you are right, the sony vaio EB 14 doesnt have good finish but did you check out the vaio EB 16, it has completely different quality and even the finish is much better than EB 14 but it costs 48k. In the price range of 35-40k its better to go with dell inspiron which has better finish than EB 14.

hey guys plz help me out, i got sony vaio vpceb 16fg, only after 2 weeks of purchase the lappy's left speaker went dead and right speaker is also giving me trouble. i tried everything i.e. uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, updating drivers, scanning, defragmenting, etc. Then i called customer care, and that guy told me to go to service center.

One thing I want to ask every1, (specially with eb 16fg), does ur lappy throws out heat from vent, well my lappy does it and the intensity is so high that furniture beneath the vent gets hot, and at the time of gaming u just cant imagine, the heat is unbearable. But overall lappy is cool.

Thnx, neo anderson for ur rply,... wht is d harm of playing games den, the guy at d service center told not to play games pretty often

I'm considering buying a Vaio and a bit worried about run time on standard battery. It would be great if some users can post their experience on this (both for EA and EB series). If the laptop runs out of power when in less than 2.5-3 hours while doing light surfing, that would be a deal breaker for me. Thanks in advance.

apande said:
I'm considering buying a Vaio and a bit worried about run time on standard battery. It would be great if some users can post their experience on this (both for EA and EB series). If the laptop runs out of power when in less than 2.5-3 hours while doing light surfing, that would be a deal breaker for me. Thanks in advance.
Battery performance is not that great IMO. I have a EB14.

But System doesnt heat up that much while playing games. I have played Max Payne 2 and Hitman 4 on it. No issues on heat as such.

Also my friend bought a dell inspiron r series recently.

I was pretty impressed by the quality of Dell over my Sony VCEB14 model.

Correct me if i am wrong, but it felt like metal on Dell Inspiron R series

pradeep200417 said:
Battery performance is not that great IMO. I have a EB14.

But System doesnt heat up that much while playing games. I have played Max Payne 2 and Hitman 4 on it. No issues on heat as such.

Also my friend bought a dell inspiron r series recently.

I was pretty impressed by the quality of Dell over my Sony VCEB14 model.

Correct me if i am wrong, but it felt like metal on Dell Inspiron R series

Thanks for your comment Pradeep. It would be okay if battery performance is not great, but I'm hoping it is not disappointing. Less than 150mins while surfing would be disappointing, I don't play games anyway.

I'm surprised by your comment about build quality. Will check out Inspiron as well. If the Inspiron charger works on my work machine (Latitude E6400) that would be a big plus.

apande said:
Thanks for your comment Pradeep. It would be okay if battery performance is not great, but I'm hoping it is not disappointing. Less than 150mins while surfing would be disappointing, I don't play games anyway.

I'm surprised by your comment about build quality. Will check out Inspiron as well. If the Inspiron charger works on my work machine (Latitude E6400) that would be a big plus.
Build quality is the first thing you would notice. Believe me.
Also Dell inspiron r series looked better than my VBCEB14

finalized it...

T540605IN8-Inspiron 15R
Intel® Core™ i3-350M Processor 2.26Ghz
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
3GB (1 X 1GB + 1 X 2GB) 2 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
DVD+/-RW Optical Drive(Win7 Home Premium)
ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5470 - 512MB (India)
1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection

Rs.38,778.07

any suggestions in it?

wayne_rooney said:
finalized it...

T540605IN8-Inspiron 15R
Intel® Core™ i3-350M Processor 2.26Ghz
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
3GB (1 X 1GB + 1 X 2GB) 2 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
DVD+/-RW Optical Drive(Win7 Home Premium)
ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5470 - 512MB (India)
1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection

Rs.38,778.07

any suggestions in it?
Pretty good for the price.
Ask if you can get a laptop bag or a head set free?

rockstar1630 said:
Its about 60-75 minutes on a full charge on my VPCEB16FG. Any solutions to this. I am fed up. Otherwise its a monster performer.

That is indeed low. Is this while you are playing a game?

Rooney, the configuration looks good.

An off topic question: Can the memory card reader on Inspiron read MS-Pro-Duo? I have a cybershot and would hate if I have to look for an adapter (or cable) for reading the memory card.

rockstar1630 said:
Its about 60-75 minutes on a full charge on my VPCEB16FG. Any solutions to this. I am fed up. Otherwise its a monster performer.
Decrease the brightness and while surfing use it in power saver mode or balance mode.

When you want to game then you can shift to high performance.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but i felt this was appropriate to be put here.

Has any guy got any problems with his E-Series.

I have a Sony VPCEB14EN

For some reasons my Laptop has crashed 2 times already in 4-5 months.

The first time itself i lost lot of important data.

Now again it got crashed yesterday.

Am planning to take it to service centre.

While looking around for similar problems, i found this.

Sony Vaio laptops / VPCEA23EN & VPCEB14EN Complaints - Laptop Complaint for Model No:- VPCEA23EN/VPCEB14EN

Back