Hey Oldies...remember Hulk Hogan?

I remember playing cawith a bunch of other kids ...I had 2 sets of those cards :p Those good old days :)

letmein said:
Anyone used to collect those Center fresh cricket cards? Wasted so much time on that...

yup! spent a whole lot of cash on that one too...we had 'competition' in our building in trying to get hold of some of those rare cards... heck once I even bought 2 of the rare ones (forgot the cricketer) and traded one of those for 2 different cards :D
yogi7272 said:
For me the wrestling ended with stone cold steve austin era.. That guy was something special. Made it look very real :)
yup! that was the era...also DX back then (chyna and her low blows ..lol :D ) was fun...

Well you along with Nikhil have included most of the stars of yesteryears, but you both forgot Hercules !! he was a mean machine. hitting people with chains and all, I remember in wrestle mania.

SharekhaN said:
lol yea, I remember. Bret Hard, Papa Shango, The Undertaker, Lex Luger, Ultimate Warrior, Tatanka, Shawn Micheals, The British Bulldog, Razor Ramon ... :)

There were some extraordinary heels too like Mankind, Kane, Yokozuna, Diesel, ...Man those were the days.

I used to get so hyped and exited after watching WWF. Me and my friends would try the tombstone and the chokeslam on each other.

The Undertaker had the best moves, Chokeslam, the last ride, tombstone...*sniff sniff*
nikhilpoddar said:
also there was andre the gaint, macho -man randy savage (brother in law of bret hitman hart), tatanka & razor ramon

nikhilpoddar said:
also there was andre the gaint, macho -man randy savage (brother in law of bret hitman hart), tatanka & razor ramon
IIRC, Brother-in-law of Bret Hart is the "British Bull dog" Davey Boy Smith.

Attitude era was the last time I remember WWE(F) being any fun at all. But, if WCW had not won the ratings war at that time, WWE would not even had the Attitude era that began with Austin's 3:16 speech.

SharekhaN said:
lol yea, I remember. Bret Hard, Papa Shango, The Undertaker, Lex Luger, Ultimate Warrior, Tatanka, Shawn Micheals, The British Bulldog, Razor Ramon ... :)

There were some extraordinary heels too like Mankind, Kane, Yokozuna, Diesel, ...Man those were the days.

I used to get so hyped and exited after watching WWF. Me and my friends would try the tombstone and the chokeslam on each other.

The Undertaker had the best moves, Chokeslam, the last ride, tombstone...*sniff sniff*
Me and my two cousins were nuts about WWF... We bought stuff like the championship belt. Can You believe it.

Despite the fact that they were elder to me by 2 and 5 years, I used to win a lot. Thanks to the fact that I was their

height and much bigger :p , even when I was 8 and they were like 10 and 13. Actually I have been taller to them ever since. :ashamed:

We had a HUGE double bed with thick mattress and we used to try moves like tombstone, chokeslam, sharp shooter.

One of us used to be the referee and the other two used to fight :rofl:

and how can you guys forget Shawn Michaels. He had such nice entry music and offcourse the rock (the rock says... the rock says)

<sniff, sniff> Nostalgia ...

Edit: Just saw that you had mentioned Shawn. But he deserved more server space :p so he has some now...lolzzzzz

Haha i used to try chokeslam and triple H's and rocks patent move on my neighbor kid, and he used to go crying to his mom, damn that was one good way to take out your anger..

Arent we forgetting Rikishi Phatu :p

Can some one please change the thread title. Just because we aren't teenagers anymore doesnt mean that we are old :S

I mean most of us would be like in their twenties...

esanthosh said:
IIRC, Brother-in-law of Bret Hart is the "British Bull dog" Davey Boy Smith.

Attitude era was the last time I remember WWE(F) being any fun at all. But, if WCW had not won the ratings war at that time, WWE would not even had the Attitude era that began with Austin's 3:16 speech.

yeah my bad. now i remember.i even nick-named one of my friends "Bull-Dog" and today he still goes by that name in our circle..lol

motorheadinc said:
Can some one please change the thread title. Just because we aren't teenagers anymore doesnt mean that we are old :S
I mean most of us would be like in their twenties...
lol get over it, we are old :)

Yea, those were the day. Life was simple. Remember playing with those cards. Similar flavors were available for cars/airplanes/animals. Damn Fun...!

Someone mentioned VHS. Cleaning the "head" and doing "tracking"....! :)

Man.. you guys made me remember Trish Stratus and Stephanie Mcmahon :D

letmein said:
Anyone used to collect those Center fresh cricket cards? Wasted so much time on that...
Yes, I did that. Had all of them from 1 to 1xx something in serial order.

ronnie_gogs said:
Yokozuna Weight 250 Kgs.... :D

Man I used to play so much when I was in Class 3
So much nostaligia lol..damn I still have those cards stacked somewhere. We used to play it everyday on the bus home from school.

letmein said:

I was crazy about those too. So much infact my mom banned center freshes for me, and tore up my cards (I managed to save my favorite card which was of Brian McMillan :p). She then later let me resume the card collection again given I don't buy center fresh everyday.
Also...anyone remember the Tazoos? :p

Sorry for the title (ouch) but I thought guys of my age would remember the WWF cards mad craze that we had in the mid-90s.

Gosh, this thread has revived so many dormant memories....hehehe ... I recalled this elaborate scheme of cheating me and my partner had in team games ( 2 x 2) where we used to hide Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart Hitman, Yokozuna and other cool cards. Then deal the remaining cards, and stealthily slip those cool cards in our hand to bash the opposition. After about 6 months of cheating, they became suspicious and stopped playing with us LOL

PS: Dunno about Center Fresh cards (I guess there's where the oldies part comes in) but IIRC I got a Lothar Matthäus card from Boomer bubblegum :D

Since I still follow wrestling/WWE/TNA a bit [ been 16 years since I watched my first WWF show god damn it!!!!], an update to how our old time idols are faring nwadays:

andre the gaint : Dead

macho -man randy savage : retured

bret hart: back in WWE after a long hiatus due to cardiac arrest

Hulk Hogan : Wresltes in TNA. Was in WWE till a couple of years ago

Shawn Michaels : retired earlier this year

british bulldog : expired

yokozuna : expired

ultimate warror : expired

Papa Shango: retired, runs strip clubs in vegas

The Undertaker : wrestles for WWE [still]

Lex Luger: retired

Razor Ramon : wrestles for TNA

chyna : retired. Did a Paris Hilton with 123 kid.

1-2-3 kid : TNA

diesel : TNA

bam bam bigelow : expired

Back