Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Or so says one of the listings for the recruitment of 'LEAD TECHNICAL ARTIST' at IO Interactive (owned by Square Enix now), the developers behind the Hitman series, Kane & Lynch series and the cult classic - Freedom Fighters.

The listing here reads 'We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our team as Lead Character Artist to complete one of the most exciting projects in IO Interactive’s more than 10 year history in videogames and play a major part in the games we have in the future pipeline.'

Hitman 5 was rumoured to be in development as early as December 2007 when Eidos had published the annual report (refer page 17!) for the same year.

Welcome back Agent 47!
ohyeah.gif

Source

I'm a hitman n00b. Had to use a trainer after chapter 2 in BM. :ashamed:

But looking forward to this title. This game might have mercy on noobs.

One can as well play Hitman like the usual Rambo way. But the real fun lies in the stealth execution. Blood Money was an epic title that way. :D

Patience is all it takes Jojo.

Ah! Nice share.

Also Blood Money was 4, right? It was not published that way, so I assumed it was a stand alone expansion for Contracts. o_O

Yeah Hitman has always been amazing. I have played all the 4 parts. You need to have a lot of patience to play it the right way, but its worth the patience.

Really like his suits. :p

Its been some kind of fetish, to be a killer in Nice Suit.

damn said:
Ah! Nice share.

Also Blood Money was 4, right? It was not published that way, so I assumed it was a stand alone expansion for Contracts. o_O
Yep Blood Money was 4 and although this wasn't any sequel to the previous titles it did have some references to Hitman: Contracts. Damn I still have this poster lying somewhere in the stash which was gifted with one of the editions of the SKOAR! mag. :p

r24d1lmotth1wi2c2yj.jpg

Stealth games are always fun! MGS, Hitman, Thief, The Chronicles of Riddick, Splinter Cell etc. to name a few of the best stealth based titles.

I have played only Hitman Contracts long ago. Without any guides I would get 'Mass Murderer' rankings. I use to play it like normal shooter. It was more fun than stealth. :p

how many guys got the 'silent assassin' rating without any guide/walkthroughs?

^Quite achievable in a majority of the levels. i.e if you know to play stealth games properly. I don't think a walkthrough is really required to play a Hitman title. Then again, my views may differ since I love the stealth genre.

I have always found the Hitman series to be better and more fun than any other stealth game out there. It has probably got to do with how realistic the premise of the game looks like. Apart from the over ambitious storyline, I find the missions pretty interesting and realistic at the same time. Then there is also the sandbox style "Play it whatever way you like" gameplay which sets it apart from other similar games. I am a die-hard fan of the series and have played and completed the last 3 Hitman titles. My Favorite was "Hitman Contracts", it had some really memorable missions. I hope they don't go the Splinter cell conviction route with Hitman 5 and decrease the stealth factor required to complete a mission. And lets hope it sees the light of the day in 2011 or early 2012. I have been waiting for a new Hitman and Max Payne title since 2 years now. :|

I played Blood Money two times, one time in a stealthy way.. and once in a full metal jacket way. The game had tools and mechanics supporting both strategies. Hope this new one will have same.

sugat123 said:
I have played only Hitman Contracts long ago. Without any guides I would get 'Mass Murderer' rankings. I use to play it like normal shooter. It was more fun than stealth. :p

how many guys got the 'silent assassin' rating without any guide/walkthroughs?

I have done that quite a lot of times. But need to play again and again to achieve that.

P.S. Two consecutive House Avatars above me. :D

I am just hoping it doesn't go the splinter cell conviction way, stealth genre will be killed if it does.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pradeep200417 said:
P.S. Two consecutive House Avatars above me. :D
Greg House and Ari Gold are both pretty awesome characters :p

Aman27deep said:
I am just hoping it doesn't go the splinter cell conviction way, stealth genre will be killed if it does.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Greg House and Ari Gold are both pretty awesome characters :p
lets make it Three now. Even i changed to House. :p

Aman27deep said:
Tell me about it! Conviction barely had any stealth elements. I am betting the same on MGS: Rising. Raiden with his agility and speed could take down enemies pretty quickly unlike other MGS titles which required Snake to wait and execute silently. Wonder how Kojima would be addressing this issue! Nonetheless, all the Hitman titles have had amazing plots.

Badly want Thief and Project IGI reboots. :(

Gannu said:
Tell me about it! Conviction barely had any stealth elements. I am betting the same on MGS: Rising. Raiden with his agility and speed could take down enemies pretty quickly unlike other MGS titles which required Snake to wait and execute silently. Wonder how Kojima would be addressing this issue! Nonetheless, all the Hitman titles have had amazing plots.

Badly want Thief and Project IGI reboots. :(
yep not saying conviction wasn't fun (it really was) but the stealth elements were barely there, i haven't played any of the thief games, but boy-oh-boy wasn't the IGI series a PITA? :p

pradeep200417 said:
lets make it Three now. Even i changed to House. :p
lol.

^Hell yeah it was hard especially with the titles having limited saves, I had to re-play several levels multiple times. Well, I was like 16'ish when I played it. :lol:

Gannu said:
^Hell yeah it was hard especially with the titles having limited saves, I had to re-play several levels multiple times. Well, I was like 16'ish when I played it. :lol:
Haha i remember breaking a microsoft mouse when IGI made me irate. :p BTW i played it, when i was 12 i think :ashamed:

Just a random thought, how awesome would it be to have a next gen Shadow of Colossus title? To kill those big ass monsters on a big ass screen? IIRC, a sequel was in the works.

Bluffmaster said:
Just a random thought, how awesome would it be to have a next gen Shadow of Colossus title? To kill those big ass monsters on a big ass screen? IIRC, a sequel was in the works.
aren't ICO and SoTC being remade in 1080p?

Back