Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

Hitman: Absolution Sounds Like The Name For "Hitman 5"

Hitman: Absolution Sounds Like The Name For "Hitman 5"

2elfu37.jpg

IO Interactive spilled the beans that Hitman 5 is in development. However, the upcoming game probably won’t be called "Hitman 5." We’re betting it will be Hitman: Absolution.
Why? Square Enix Europe filed a trademark for Hitman: Absolution in the region. Unless Square Enix’s European branch is working on multiple Hitman games this is likely the actual title for the next game in the series.
What we know so far is Agent 47 will return as the main character and IO Interactive teased his return with the screenshot above. Perhaps, Hitman: Absolution will be formally revealed at E3?

Source : Hitman: Absolution Sounds Like The Name For "Hitman 5" | Siliconera

'Hitman: Absolution' trademark filed by Square Enix

A trademark application for "Hitman: Absolution," submitted by Square Enix, is under review by OHIM, the European Union's trademark and designs registry. The filing has been classified under "video game software," indicating that it could be the title of the next Hitman game.

Following years of shaky updates on the status of IO Interactive's fifth Hitman installment, a recent ARG pointed to an unveiling at E3 this June. If "Absolution" is indeed the name of the game, then expect to see Agent 47 finally wash all that blood off his hands. Wait -- he's been wearing gloves, hasn't he? Never mind.

Source : http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/22/hitman-absolution-trademark-filed-by-square-enix/

Blood money was awesome. Cant wait for this.

Altair said:
Woaa the graphics look pretty awesome. Way too eager to play this game
If you're referring to the screenshot, then I hate to break it to you, that's not the actual game's graphics. It's just one of those promo images. :p

Come one people! I'm a fan of the franchise too, but you don't have to be Sherlock to figure out that it's not an in-game image. ;)

Just be patient till we get some confirmation on the game from IO itself. :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Come one people! I'm a fan of the franchise too, but you don't have to be Sherlock to figure out that it's not an in-game image. ;)

Just be patient till we get some confirmation on the game from IO itself. :)
I am browsing from a mobile as my legendary BSNL internet connection remains down at-least half the time, so couldn't make out the difference on such a small screen!

I am not bothered about the graphics one bit. Just bring me the damn game. I want some solid stealth gameplay and the trademark storyline, however they could do with a little more character building. I am not able to recall this, but Mark Parchezzi is dead right?

we killed Mark Purayah Jr. Somewhere i dont remember and also Mark Parchezzi III in Amendment XXV .(correct me if i'm wrong)
Mark Parchezzi Sr. would technically be Mark Parchezzi I and about him i don't know if he was a person or a clone??? So if any Mark Parchezzi is alive that would be the senior one. maybe?

OMG! A Rattlesnake on a Silver Baller. Welcome back my favorite bald assassin. :D

Did anyone happen to notice the numbers printed below the bar-code? 110706. Release date?

Ethan_Hunt said:
Did anyone happen to notice the numbers printed below the bar-code? 110706. Release date?
Isn't that too soon? that would mean July 6th, 2011. I don't think such a major game will come out that quick after its first teaser.

The cast of the Square Enix game includes "Cowboys & Aliens" actor Keith Carradine and "White Collar's" Marsha Thomason.

Square Enix is taking a Hollywood approach to its fifth installment of IO Interactive's bestselling Hitman action game franchise, Hitman: Absolution, which is due out next year. The Danish game developer worked with a cast of a dozen Hollywood actors who brought their virtual characters to life using both performance capture and voice acting to add a more emotional level of interaction to the game.

Among the cast of actors, Keith Carradine (Cowboys & Aliens) will play the new villain in the game, Blake Dexter. Marsha Thomason (White Collar) will step into the role of Diana Burnwood, who serves as protagonist Agent 47's handler and has a close relationship with the assassin.
"Diana is 47's only true human contact," Thomason said. "They've known each other an extremely long time, and in the Hitman world, she is what Q is to James Bond. So she sets the assignments, tells him where to go and who to kill."
The performance capture was done at Giant Studios, which James Cameron used for Avatar. A first for the game franchise, the developer worked with Hollywood talent to capture complex scenes with up to seven actors on the set at once. Blystad explained that the performance capture scenes focused on the drama that develops as the story unfolds. The new game places more emphasis on the emotional human stories that evolve, which is why they opted to hire Hollywood actors to bring these virtual characters to life.
"We had actors like Marsha and Keith come in and do full-body acting with facial and voice being captured simultaneously in scenes," said Tore Blystad, game director at IO Interactive. "Some of these scenes were very complex with all kinds of props and interactions amongst the actors."
Blystad said the performance capture was more similar to theater work than movies, because there were long takes and once everything was captured, it was on to the next scene.
"The character I play in Hitman: Absolution is as multidimensional as any well-imagined character should be," said Carradine. "The vividness of the world entered by the gamer hinges on detail. To fully engage the attention of the player requires nothing less than the most completely realized universe of geography and personality."
The new game follows Agent 47, a cold-blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he once trusted -- and now hunted by the police -- he suddenly finds himself at the center of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world.
"We've designed a more stylized, more serious, and darker game this time around in both the story line and the visuals," Blystad said. "The hope is that the movie will be going in a similar direction, and then when they both come out they will speak the same language. They won't follow the old Hitman games, but rather go with this newer direction."
With Hitman: Absolution, gamers are in for a cinematic take on the best-selling video game franchise, which has sold more than 10 million copies worldwide since launching in 2000. The fourth game in the franchise, Hitman: Blood Money, has sold more than 2.1 million copies since it shipped in 2007.
"There are more central characters in this game than we've ever dealt with before and they all have names and an important role in the story, so working with Hollywood talent was crucial to us," Blystad added. "It's important within the framework of the game for players to be able to connect with these characters."
Blystad said it was also important that this latest game deliver on the shooting action that the franchise has offered over the years. The drama that pushes the story forward serves as a cinematic layer on top of the core gameplay, which sends Agent 47 on different missions throughout the U.S. A portion of the game takes place in Chicago.
"We've seen the grit and texture and the character-driven context that IO Interactive is going for with Hitman: Absolution and it's our goal to bring Agent 47 back with a vengeance next year in a movie," said Adrian Askarieh, who is producing a second Hitman film with Chuck Gordon and Fox International. Daniel Casey (Jimmy Six) has written the latest draft of the script.

The first Hitman movie earned $100 million at the box office with Timothy Olyphant ("Justified") playing Agent 47. The new installment will have an original story and characters, but will retain the look and feel of the new game.
If all the pieces fall into place, gamers will have both a big screen Hitman adventure and a new video game in 2012.

Source: Hollywoodreporter

New game engine brings Hitman: Absolution to the masses

“The Hitman games of past have been very hardcore,” said Tore Blystad, game director at IO Interactive. “Even though the fantasy of the Hitman universe has a very universal appeal, the games have been so difficult to play, that it’s been more of an acquired taste. The biggest challenge that we had with this game was to make it much broader in every sense, so that it was easier to play and more accessible, but still retain a very strong, hardcore side as well. We don’t want to alienate any of our fans who have been extremely loyal for so many years.”

Read more at: Digital Trends

Back