Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

^^ Doesn't matter the nostalgia feeling is worth it... :)

Besides I am sure it would look better than Minecraft :p

“The Hitman games of past have been very hardcore,” said Tore Blystad, game director at IO Interactive. “Even though the fantasy of the Hitman universe has a very universal appeal, the games have been so difficult to play, that it’s been more of an acquired taste. The biggest challenge that we had with this game was to make it much broader in every sense, so that it was easier to play and more accessible, but still retain a very strong, hardcore side as well. We don’t want to alienate any of our fans who have been extremely loyal for so many years.”

I fear they are turning this into another Splinter Cell Conviction. :(

^^ lets wait and see.... Maybe it will just have the hard stealth mode as well as a rambo style easy mass murderer way to complete a mission....

Aman27deep said:
Is that really a bad thing? I enjoyed Conviction a LOT.

May be you need to ask the "hardcore" Splinter Cell fans. For most of them, it was disappointing. Since I haven't played the game, I wouldn't pass a judgment.

As long as IO doesn't dumb down Hitman's core gameplay mechanics completely, I'm OK with it. :)

ronnie_gogs said:
Did you play the previous Splinter Cell versions
Yeah i did play double agent on ps2. It was ok. Conviction was awesome like a hit summer flick.

And @ Allwyn - DUDE PLAY CONVICTION IT RULES!

I'll take a rain-check on that. I'll probably try it out once I complete all the previous Splinter Cell games and my PC hardware get's the next upgrade. :p

Conviction was definitely easier than the previous titles. There was barely any stealth involved. The story was good but the campaign length was super-short!

Aman27deep said:
Yeah i did play double agent on ps2. It was ok. Conviction was awesome like a hit summer flick.

And @ Allwyn - DUDE PLAY CONVICTION IT RULES!
Yeah thats why the loyalists didn't like it... Its like say you have The French Connection (Movie) and someone like Micheal Bay made a remake or sequel which was a big summer blockbuster with hot girls and lots of action and spl effects... New ones would love it while the old loyalists would hate it....

oh crap!! Appealing to the masses, streamlining.. these are just different ways of saying the game is going to be dumbed down. :( Hitman was pretty much unique in the way it gave players choices as how they wanted to go about a mission. I dont know whats gotten into these game developers. Why change a game which is loved by its fans for exactly the way it was.

First 2 screenshots leaked:

55050714.jpg

96725874.jpg

Source: News: Hitman: Absolution screenshots leaked - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

^^Alright it seems 47 has paid a little visit to diana.Most probably to get some more information!!
Now this trailer is awesome!:D
It seems Melee techniques has been improved.Good fro stealth.

Back