HMT PILOT : GO @ Watchuseek.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you guys make a TE limited edition HMT pilot? it wont cost more than 1k

It does sound good. HMT were even ready to put the WUS logo on the dial, but there was a change of idea. We would need a contact at HMT to talk about this. I think we could muster up 200 easily.

It does sound good. HMT were even ready to put the WUS logo on the dial, but there was a change of idea. We would need a contact at HMT to talk about this. I think we could muster up 200 easily.

HMT will print any logo in the dial, you can customize the dial and hands and contact them.
Here is the contact details for bulk/institutional orders: http://www.hmtwatches.in/6/page/orders.html

Pilot MRP is Rs. 925/- and HMT provides 15% discount on the printed MRP in retail sale, so they might be able to provide much better discount for a bulk/institutional order. I am not sure why the watchuseek forum GO HMT pilot costs three times its selling price in India. (Changing the dial color and hands color is not a big thing for a watch making company for bulk orders and that should not be the reason for over charging).

If you guys contact the HMT directly and give your dial color preference and the logo to be printed on the dial, HMT will/should (being a PSU) accept your order and should be making it for the Price below MRP of Rs. 925/-.

If you guys making a TE watch, I am in :)

I am in if there is a TE edition.

Where do HMT manufacture watches? There is a big factory in Bangalore, but I've only seen industry tools and lathes there.

HMT will print any logo in the dial, you can customize the dial and hands and contact them.
Here is the contact details for bulk/institutional orders: http://www.hmtwatches.in/6/page/orders.html

Pilot MRP is Rs. 925/- and HMT provides 15% discount on the printed MRP in retail sale, so they might be able to provide much better discount for a bulk/institutional order. I am not sure why the watchuseek forum GO HMT pilot costs three times its selling price in India. (Changing the dial color and hands color is not a big thing for a watch making company for bulk orders and that should not be the reason for over charging).

If you guys contact the HMT directly and give your dial color preference and the logo to be printed on the dial, HMT will/should (being a PSU) accept your order and should be making it for the Price below MRP of Rs. 925/-.

Thanks for the information. If someone is ready to drive it, I am in. And let us keep the comments out about the WUS pricing. It makes no sense. Honestly. Not hitting out at you, but it was not needed. People can do their own due diligence before ordering, or participating in the GO. I know the Pilot pricing too, but still chose to take part.

Thanks for the information. If someone is ready to drive it, I am in. And let us keep the comments out about the WUS pricing. It makes no sense. Honestly. Not hitting out at you, but it was not needed. People can do their own due diligence before ordering, or participating in the GO. I know the Pilot pricing too, but still chose to take part.

Sir, with due respect, many do not know about the HMT pilot's availability and the pricing (If I remember correctly, even you came to know the fact that the HMT was still making watches only very recently). Members should know the actual price of the watch (MRP). There is nothing wrong in stating the price. I am not targeting or hitting the price in WUS, what I am making clear here is Regular HMT pilot in HMT showrooms cost much less. I didn't talk anything on buying or not buying from the WUS GO, what I mentioned the actual pricing of the watch and that too for the purpose of making a TE Limited edition HMT watch. (I do not see anything wrong in discussing the pricing in public, for the sake of other members, if anything in this forum prevents me from doing so, please delete those parts in my post).
FYI, HMT office sales guy was more than willing to change the dial for me in a watch I liked to any other available color dial and he showed us (me and @bottle) the available spare dials. So changing the dial should not be cost increasing factor.
HMT is a PSU, as you all know, so their pricing should be transparent. We are eligible to know whatever happens in HMT through RTI application.
@bottle may be visiting the HMT sales office tomorrow and he will try to gather information on Pricing on bulk orders, customizing and the Minimum quantity of watches required to be purchased in customized watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir, with due respect, many do not know about the HMT pilot's availability and the pricing (If I remember correctly, even you came to know the fact that the HMT was still making watches only very recently). Members should know the actual price of the watch (MRP). There is nothing wrong in stating the price. I am not targeting or hitting the price in WUS, what I am making clear here is Regular HMT pilot in HMT showrooms cost much less. I didn't talk anything on buying or not buying from the WUS GO, what I mentioned the actual pricing of the watch and that too for the purpose of making a TE Limited edition HMT watch. (I do not see anything wrong in discussing the pricing in public, for the sake of other members, if anything in this forum prevents me from doing so, please delete those parts in my post).
FYI, HMT office sales guy was more than willing to change the dial for me in a watch I liked to any other available color dial and he showed us (me and @bottle) the available spare dials. So changing the dial should not be cost increasing factor.
HMT is a PSU, as you all know, so their pricing should be transparent. We are eligible to know whatever happens in HMT through RTI application.
@bottle may be visiting the HMT sales office tomorrow and he will try to gather information on Pricing on bulk orders, customizing and the Minimum quantity of watches required to be purchased in customized watch.

^^
It is not about discussing the price in public. I had all ready posted the official Pilot link from HMT on the first page of this thread (post #18). Just that, when you wrote "over charging"; it did not sound correct to me. That is about it. I think most would have read post#18 anyways (but many here do not do that too)...! You did nothing wrong, but it was distasteful and disrespectful. It spoils the flavor of the GO and ruins the excitement around it. Regarding transparency, it takes like a minute to figure out the actual pricing, no one was masking the price or questioning it too. As I mentioned, people are supposed to do the due diligence themselves, I guess you did it for the crowd here.

I wrote to HMT; and they are willing to send a sales REP with samples. @bottle ; if you want, I can forward you the mail (from my gmail), and you can take it forward. I am out of this thread. All that want to, go visit WUS and join if you want to. Take care. This is all that I offered.

-Asingh

Last edited by a moderator:

I would be very surprised if you get any custom order for under retail. You have to consider the extra design time and set-up involved for any custom dial/etching. You also have to consider the opportunity cost to HMT for changing one of their assembly lines to a different product and then back to a normal pilot.

Considering shipping charges to anywhere in the world (USA is $12) and Paypal Fees, I think $35 is a pretty fair price. I am sure the organiser has some small cut involved but I won't begrudge him that for the work he is putting in.

I would have liked 2 but too costly at 35$ for a Pilot though customized. If we are doing a TE go for customized Pilots I may be interested

i think we will hit 200 mark if price considerably less than 35$,more like in range of 20$ + shipping...
I will take 5,if someone make go...

Can we have at least 200 orders here on TE?

Someone needs to start an IC thread and see how many are interested. Accordingly, we can notify HMT of the number of orders which will ultimately set the price.

Start an IC thread then. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back