Home networking Access Point, Switch, etc. Setup guide and recommendations

mantheman

Disciple
I wanted to know your suggestion on my access point setup, total area is ~38ft x 36ft.

1. I will be using Airtel Fiber or Jio Fiber (100Mbps plan the ~Rs.850 per month)
2. Is my access points overkill? The problem is I looked at a good design ethernet wall plate from Amazon and found out that its pretty costly so, maybe opt for EAP230-Wall for 2 rooms?
3. What switch should I buy? I wanted to power the 4 APs from POE, any suggestions for the switch? I don't know if ill be using Omada from my NAS, I can use, but dumb switch is preferred.
4. Any recommendations are welcome.
5. I have NAS and mini PC stuff.

2209b7c68e2f45c4b8d44edab5d74eac (1).jpg

Get a mesh wifi setup rather than those, Go for something like Deco X50 or non-POE if you have power available at those locations. if you find something cheaper why not just have these mesh devices in each room. so you get 100% coverage throughout the house.
You can try daisy-chaining all the decos together. if you already have wired the house for ethernet then it's fine. and yes at that point you will need a switch in the storage room to route from your router to all the wifi access points.

Also, don't look at Amazon for ethernet wall plates or any other electrical requirements that you can easily find in your local hardware stores.

Look for switches and plates from GM, Golden Metal, Legrand, Schindler etc. you will find pretty decent options. the ones you linked from Amazon are imported items, they are not worth the price listed.

Also, don't look at Amazon for ethernet wall plates or any other electrical requirements that you can easily find in your local hardware stores.
Yep, too expensive and not worth it. Instead, while doing some research for the same I found this website, and it appears to have very good options and at affordable prices too.(Haven't ordered anything from them yet, so can't vouch for anything personally, just a good option)

Back