Budget 21-30k Home PC Suggestion Please :)

You don't need ddr4 2400. DDR3 1866MHz is more than enough. There's no difference at all between even 1600 and 2400. Read up on them online. Also, DDR4 has no decent advantage over DDR3 currently and will remain that for the next 2-3 years at least definitely.

You won't need a 500W PSU. 450W should be sufficient.

Hi,
Is 6th Generation Processor Ok with DDR 3 memory?
PSU 500W selected because I thought as with time It start losing it's efficiency (in 3-5 years)

I'm not expect of voltage etc. but update with reading on various forums etc.

Thanks for suggestion. :)

Hi,
Is 6th Generation Processor Ok with DDR 3 memory?
PSU 500W selected because I thought as with time It start losing it's efficiency (in 3-5 years)

I'm not expect of voltage etc. but update with reading on various forums etc.

Thanks for suggestion. :)

6th generation Intel processors (basically, Skylake processors) have the ability to make use of DDR4's capability. They "support" ddr4. But, there will be absolutely no noticeable difference.

500W is fine. With your system specifications, you won't be using that much power anyway. Efficiency is not calculated by power. It's (output power/input power). A 500W PSU will always give you 500W power. The only difference that you might see in 3-5 years is that it might start consuming more power from your house to give you 500W power. If, initially, the PSU has an 80% efficiency, it will consume 625W from your house to give your system 500W. But, in 3-5 years, it may start consuming 660W or something to give you 500W power. Basically, efficiency has nothing to do with the power.

6th generation Intel processors (basically, Skylake processors) have the ability to make use of DDR4's capability. They "support" ddr4. But, there will be absolutely no noticeable difference.

500W is fine. With your system specifications, you won't be using that much power anyway. Efficiency is not calculated by power. It's (output power/input power). A 500W PSU will always give you 500W power. The only difference that you might see in 3-5 years is that it might start consuming more power from your house to give you 500W power. If, initially, the PSU has an 80% efficiency, it will consume 625W from your house to give your system 500W. But, in 3-5 years, it may start consuming 660W or something to give you 500W power. Basically, efficiency has nothing to do with the power.

Hi,

About, PSU, today I read something New and really knowledgeable.

I'm happy that you are at TE will help lots of system builders.

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I'm not able to get Sound either from Front Panel or from rear panel of Asus H170M-Plus Mother Board.

I connect front panel Audio connector on Mother Board (in AAFP Connector).

I also made changes with Bios as per Manual provided with Mother Board... but NO SOUND....

Can any one please help....

Thanks

Back