HomeBox! Finally found something very useful for assets management

If anyone using this?
Checked there demo page but could not understand real time use of same.

Please share some screenshots, how it looks like in action.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If anyone using this?
Checked there demo page but could not understand real time use of same.

Please share some screenshots, how it looks like in action.

Thanks.
You can kind of use it like a database for everything you have at home. Like for example, you can at a glance know what's stored where.

At the bottom in the demo page you've got different rooms for example. So I can use that room page to add an item that I've kept there, with information like where I bought it from, what the price was, the manufacturer, attach the invoice, warranty period etc.

So for things you don't use regularly that are kept in storage, you can know at a glance what's where instead of having to upend your entire house to find that 1 little thing you stored somewhere.

So then I can look at my inventory in this and see "Oh the Belco Heater is in the bed compartment of XYZ room towards the head of the bed!" and you also know at a glance how old it is if it's been in storage for a while. Say if you know a certain part is likely to go bad after a specific number of years, you can be better prepared and have your warranty documents well in advance when you find out the appliance doesn't work.

What I didn't like about this software is you cannot micro-organize, meaning you can generalize what room a particular device is in but not where within that room.
For e.g., I can specify my spare printer cartridge is in my Office, not that it is in my Office \ Cupboard \ Shelf 3 \ Box 1 etc.

What I didn't like about this software is you cannot micro-organize, meaning you can generalize what room a particular device is in but not where within that room.
For e.g., I can specify my spare printer cartridge is in my Office, not that it is in my Office \ Cupboard \ Shelf 3 \ Box 1 etc.
You can? You can create locations with parent locations? I am doing this.
I have items stored in Bedroom/Loft/Loft1/Box1
And Bedroom/Wardrobe/Drawer/DrawerRight

Back