Car & Bike Honda Civic or Honda City

Punker

Skilled
Hey guys im buying car for myself on diwali or before,so should i go for Civic or City.... Had tight budget of 10 lacs but now thinking for civic starting model(1.8E).Wat's the main difference between 1.8V N 1.8E model.Is honda city good for me? I'll be using car for normal city use n will take it to indore once or twice in a month.Lastly wat's on road price of civic 1.8E N 1.8V.....

EDIT:NOW BUDGET IS 13.5 LACS MAX (NOT A PENNY ABOVE)

Choice-

1.Honda Civic

2.Honda City

3.Corolla Altis GL

4.Corolla T Sports

TIA

Punker

If ur looking for luxury, CIVIC is the way to go.. if ur looking for CITY machine + mileage, ALL NEW HONDA CITY is the way!

CIVIC is all about advanced features and luxury.

buy the honda city man

civic though an excellent car by all means , its getting old

and i think a new civic is just round the corner particularly after the corolla altis has dented its sales as well.

whereas the city is just newly launched , the biger and better,

most features of civic already there in the new city

i wud highly recommede the city for normal city driving!!

have fun driving!!

^ i also luv city but dude i need something more funky.... something different.... was looking for skoda octavia also.... is skoda cars good?

^Lol did you bother searching for a thread on Skoda's after sales support? Please do! :rofl:

Civic has a pathetic ground clearance and neither would you feel you've a 1.8L engine in your car. Civic and the Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia has a ~ pricing IINM. The Cedia Sports' a notched up version of the Cedia. Get a Cedia/Cedia Sports I say.

The closest you can get to a descendant of a Lancer Evo. In India i.e. :p

Btw since when did you turn 18? Today?

Donno about the ANHC but the Civic is a comfy car but i find it quite boring to drive.Its quick but lacks feel.Its too refined to my liking, low end torque is almost non existant.All the fun lies in the top end.
Honestly I don't like the ANHC, its a ripoff IMHO so no comments there.
If you are not after pure performance, you can look at the Fiat Linea, superb car.

Skoda cars are well built but expensive to maintain.Don't buy an Octavia now, its old and not really a wise buy right now.
One car worth considering is the Fiesta S, awesome car to drive.Very peppy too. The stiffened suspension makes handling quite exciting too.Purely a driver's car.Its around the same price as the ANHC or maybe a bit cheaper

Hi Punker, go in for a fully loaded automatic City in place of a base Civic.
Civic will recieve a minor facelift soon, wait if you want a Civic.

nobody knows when the new civic will be coming

since u want to buy around diwali

i wud serioulsy recommend the ANHC

skoda cars r very costly to maintain

all octavia owners spend huge during their servicing, all the good things abt mileage go in thin air :p

or if u want the car that has the best handling and good to drive in a city, abt average maintenace and good mileage . look no further get the fiesta diesel..

u will love it

complete car in 8 lacs

beats even other expensive cars in handling deptt!!

MohitPreet said:
all octavia owners spend huge during their servicing, all the good things abt mileage go in thin air :p

I beg to differ :)
Spares are expensive agreed but if maintained well and serviced regularly, you don't end up spending a bomb on maintaining the car.
And this is coming from someone who has owned one for the past 4 years.

Gannu said:
^Lol did you bother searching for a thread on Skoda's after sales support? Please do! :rofl:

Civic has a pathetic ground clearance and neither would you feel you've a 1.8L engine in your car. Civic and the Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia has a ~ pricing IINM. The Cedia Sports' a notched up version of the Cedia. Get a Cedia/Cedia Sports I say.

The closest you can get to a descendant of a Lancer Evo. In India i.e. :p

Btw since when did you turn 18? Today?

I second that. Cedia Sports is great. Between civic and city, I find civic anyday better.

@MohitPreet

I beg to differ, after driving a Skoda Octavia RS Turbo Petrol. I can vouch that its the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Its almost magical the way that car drives.

The sales and service support on the car is a bit iffy; if you do buy a skoda ask someone in your area what the service is like before you buy.

talked with my dad n now he's ready to buy CIVIC TOP MODEL or Skoda Laura !

Tell me best within these 3.....

1.Honda City

2.Honda Civic

3.Skoda Laura

Back