Car & Bike Honda Civic or Honda City

Hawk Black colour n will change tyres.....

Just got a call from showroom guy n he told me that Honda is rising it's rates for civic n city from september.... is it true?plz nebody can confirm this....

The Civic comes with Michelin MXV8 these days and those are good tyres. No point dumping those unless you are getting Advan Neova or something.

Anyway congrats on choosing the civic. Its a good car but not a car with sporty pretensions.

Punker said:
Just got a call from showroom guy n he told me that Honda is rising it's rates for civic n city from september.... is it true?plz nebody can confirm this....

call from the showroom guy huh? it could be true, or it could be a scam to get you to buy before any diwali discounts...

Wait for a while before booking the Civic, as I said an updated version with some added features is around the corner, if you'll book now, you might miss it by a wisker.

Personal view: White Civic looks the best & sportiest too!

Michelin Mxv8 are ok, if you want comfort change to Primacy LC, for sportiness look towards Bridgestone G111 or Michelin Pilot sport.

teche said:
Wait for a while before booking the Civic, as I said an updated version with some added features is around the corner, if you'll book now, you might miss it by a wisker.

Personal view: White Civic looks the best & sportiest too!

Michelin Mxv8 are ok, if you want comfort change to Primacy LC, for sportiness look towards Bridgestone G111 or Michelin Pilot sport.

Even MXV8 is comfort oriented tyre. Whats Bridgestone G111 ?? Also Pilot Sport is available only in 17" and above.

Tomorrow showroom guy will be coming with car for test drive..... when can i expect new model n will der be any change in price?

teche said:

Bridgestone GIII is a piece of crap tyre which is best avoided. Michelin PS2 is nice but not available in a size that can be put on a Civic.

Your choices if you want to upgrade to a sportier tyre are either Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 or Yokohama Advan Neova. Neither of these come cheap btw.

PP2 in 205/60 R15 is around 7k +/- a few hundred and Neovas in 205/55 R15 are close to 8k.

Upgrade to either if you are gonna do sustained high speed driving - think 150+ km/hr day in day out.

Guy came today with car at my place n i must say car driving was just AWESOME !.... He told me that new civic is launching in september n right now honda has stopped production of civic. He also told me that their will be a change in the price but he don't know how much. But overall experience was good man.... Im totally gonna buy this car....

Chaos said:
Bridgestone GIII is a piece of crap tyre.
Big statement to make, any real experiences?
I've used GIII & they gave good performance.

Im still wary of Yoko's because they still do not have a Indian website, that's piece of crap really!
@Punker, see I told ya, go in for the new one only.
I do not forsee any huge price rise, maybe just a couple thousands if at all.

Also, If there's unbearable heat during summers in Bhopal, opt for some lighter colors.

Well I'd let the dude who owns 3 tyre shops (Nikhil) tell you what the GIII is like. Bridgestone only sells junk phased out elsewhere in India - the real good stuff like the Pole Position RE50A and similar tyres are not even available here.

PS: GIII on what car?

teche said:
Big statement to make, any real experiences?
I've used GIII & they gave good performance.

Im still wary of Yoko's because they still do not have a Indian website, that's piece of crap really!
@Punker, see I told ya, go in for the new one only.
I do not forsee any huge price rise, maybe just a couple thousands if at all.

Also, If there's unbearable heat during summers in Bhopal, opt for some lighter colors.

GIII are old now and the really good ones were the imported ones, the japanese ones which are no more available.Now they are made locally and aren't as good as the japanese ones.Also its an old pattern and there are newer and better tread patterns out there.Also from what I have heard, they are really noisy tyres.

Whats wrong with Yoko not having official indian website ? Even Michelin entered the same way.Its now that they have an official presence.I guess same is the case with Bridgestone.
Point is that Yoko has some decent tyres and their Advan range is truly awesome but expensive. If I could afford, I would buy the Advans any given day. They have phenomenal grip. They are so good that comparing GIII to Advans is like a gross insult to the Advans.

I have to admit though, since GIII are made locally, they are cheaper compared to PP2 or PS2 or Advans which are not made locally.

Will be waiting till september now.... I think they'll increas 50k max n yes mom loved civic so will be buying civic top end model only.... I hope they launch it in august only.....

these so called sporty tyres and bad roads dont mix. And most tyre companies dont even honour their own warranties. If you plan on getting low profile and soft compound tyres, and plan to run them on bad roads, caveat emptor!

Back