Car & Bike Honda Civic or Honda City

Skoda will kill you with after sales service bills. Especially Laura with its problematic Pumpe Duse engine. The petrol Laura though offering 160bhp of power is an unknown entity. Unless you know the skoda dealer personally, I'd not touch skoda. Buy a Civic or Altis.

Both are decent uncle cars. Neither is meant for spirited driving.

MohitPreet said:
i guess u r lucky enough
otherwise octavia is a horrible car

Interesting. Could you share with us,what makes you think its a horrible car ?

@ punker, The new turbo petrol Laura is a monster in disguise, very well priced too.
I would say go with the Civic for peace of mind.Its a good car.

aren't you lookin towards d corolla altis? its d best car for city driving as compared to civic... better value for money n better loaded wid features.... plus least maintenance cost across d category...

Altis is "Uncles" car, please don't mind Corolla fans, I own one myself!
Whereas, Civic is an enthusiasts/drivers car.
If you are interested in the Civic, wait for some time, a facelifted/upgraded version is on its way. Though the changes would be minimal but should keep it afresh for a couple of more years till a completely new model appears.
Forget Cedia & Octy, both are not popular these days. Cedia is totally off the radar, resale is crap.
Also avoid Octy Rs because of high fuel bills/maintenance costs & poor resale.

Make a choice between Civic, City, Altis & if your budget permits - Laura diesel.

teche said:
Whereas, Civic is an enthusiasts/drivers car.

Forget Cedia & Octy, both are not popular these days. Cedia is totally off the radar, resale is crap.
Also avoid Octy Rs because of high fuel bills/maintenance costs & poor resale.

Make a choice between Civic, City, Altis & if your budget permits - Laura diesel.

LOL the fact that you dismiss cars based on resale and that you consider a civic to be an enthusiast's car shows that you are an uncle :bleh::bleh:

@punker: i guess all of u have forgot the underdog...u could also go for sonata transform..its great VFM..do have a look...the only drawback this car has is the low resale value...

Arjit_b said:
@punker: i guess all of u have forgot the underdog...u could also go for sonata transform..its great VFM..do have a look...the only drawback this car has is the low resale value...

Its also extremely boring to drive!

Chaos said:
LOL the fact that you dismiss cars based on resale and that you consider a civic to be an enthusiast's car shows that you are an uncle :bleh::bleh:

true..!

but still corolla is the world's largest selling car and altis is already kicking civic in d arse (in sales). Altis is very very cheap to maintain... and loaded wid a hell lotta features...

no man

get the altis normal variant only

not the sports variant

it has only some extra accesories like side railings, rear spoiler and somethings like that

get the altis,

its a class car!!

u wont regret that!!

its not worth buying an expensive car from the hyundai stanle like sonnata.

hyundai is good for small cars only - santro i10, i20 , accent etc..

dont waste 13 lacs on a sonnata

geta a corolla altis,

nowhere u will get an engine as refined as from the toyota brand!!

and they r known for good after sales servicing as well

i dont think u shud look any further!!

if u want to wait for the new civic, then keep on waiting , \nobody knows when it will come may be a year, 2 years....

teche said:
Altis is "Uncles" car, please don't mind Corolla fans, I own one myself!

Chaos said:

right :rofl:

--

get the civic top end eyes shut :|

now which color do you like in civic? any plans for mods? D:

Back