Car & Bike Honda Civic or Honda City

@Chaos, I have used GIII on OHC & served me well!
Almost all companies share the same tactics in marketing/selling.
@Amey, in IT age not having a dedicated website is a big sin!
Could translate into poor A.S.S backup.

Most sporty handling tyres are noisy.
Yokos are a bit overated in India.
I agree with Greenhorn, ride quality will go for a toss. Also, lower profile for Civic is not recomended due to already low GC & scrapping issues.

teche said:
@Chaos, I have used GIII on OHC & served me well!

Almost all companies share the same tactics in marketing/selling.

@Amey, in IT age not having a dedicated website is a big sin!

Could translate into poor A.S.S backup.

Most sporty handling tyres are noisy.

Yokos are a bit overated in India.

I agree with Greenhorn, ride quality will go for a toss. Also, lower profile for Civic is not recomended due to already low GC & scrapping issues.

Not all sporty tyres are noisy. Potenza was OEM on my cedia. They were very noisy, had poor grip and had a bumpy ride. After I switched to Michelin PP2, the handling and grip went up a few notches, tyre noise was absolutely nil and ride quality improved too. Now they are at their end of life after doing a good 30000km of hard driving and track days. No complaints.

Unlike bridgestone, almost the entire lineup of Michelin, Yokohama and now Continental is available in India.

@greenhorn: What you said is pure bull. Unless one runs 45 profile or less, high performance tyres are no more susceptible to bubbles/tears etc than the run of the mill MRF/JK. My Michelins have had only two punctures in 30000km and no bubbles/bulges/tears.

at least thats not the experience others have been having. I dont need to show you the threads about the bulges and the sidewall damages @ team bhp right.

greenhorn said:
at least thats not the experience others have been having. I dont need to show you the threads about the bulges and the sidewall damages @ team bhp right.

Most of the bulges and cuts have been on yoko a-drives. Those are crap tyres anyway. Plus most high performance tyres have super hard sidewalls. Its not so easy to cut them.

Interesting.
I must have used nearly 5-6 sets of PP2 till now and till date I have had no issues whatsoever.
Except for a small cut i got on the 205/60/R15 on my octy but that was my fault, i banged a huge crater at night so hard, there was very little the tyre could do.

And my getz and swift both have PP2 with 50 and 55 profile respectively, no issues till date and no cuts either.

Fair enough ?

Punker said:
i guess we are discussing here about my CAR not tyres....!

Sorry for the OT Punker.
This OT discussion will help you if at all you upgrade the tyres of your new car :eek:hyeah:

Back