Car & Bike Honda Unicorn

You might wanna give Apache a shot.

vij said:
The unicorn seats r on quite a slope and its not very comfortable for the pillon.

have to agree on this, me and chaos can vouch for it. I got back pain sitting on it. Apache has a waay better pillion, even pulsar when compared to unicorn.

KingKrool said:
The one thing I hate about Hondas, hero hondas and pulsars is their disgusting one down rest up or whatever crap shifting mechanism they have, but I seem to be in a minority in this.

I am really comfortable with that mechanism in my avenger. i prefer this more than the all down ones, even my dad said he find this better, even though he is so much used to the all down mechanism.

greenhorn said:
my only problem with the pulsar was that my b@lls hurt after riding one all day :p

IF your shorter ,certainly your gentlemen area hurts :bleh: , cos that bike does not suit for shorter ppl :eek:hyeah:

@Kingkrool ---- All good bikes have either an all up shifting pattern or 1 down and remaining up.

ALWAYS.

Until now, many bike manufacturers (First and second Generation Pulsar 150s are examples) used the all down pattern. This isnt with keeping with the pattern worldwide.

Anyway to the thread starter....

Decide one thing. You want outright performance or less performance but more comfort on long distance riding.

If you want performance, rule out the Unicorn. Get the Pulsar 150 or the RTR 160.

If you want comfort, go for the Unicorn blindly.

vij said:
Thats a problem with your b@lls :p not the Unicorn.

I had the problem with a pulsar dude :p

@ kk- even i found the 1 down 234 up more intuitive. when you need to kick down to first urgently, it helps ;)

kranthi4545 said:
hey $nick$ u said unicron has less looks where are u on earth, unicorn looks sexy if one could remove the headlight and go for round ones like the ones one yamaha RX 100 ,the vehicle looks like Honda Twister ,and pulsar is supposed to be crappiest vehicle ever released ,coz the most no of accidents are in pulsar no road grip no stabilty its the crappiest nike i have ever ridden engine noise is high and every part in the vehicle vibrates :mad: ,i ad one sold it off in and have Karizma ,ma younger bro has unicorn its sexy :hap2:

PS : dont get Pulsar it has gear problems get a unicorn new one especially the limited edition one.

dude i said it is less on looks when compared to pulsar,and any bike can be made sexy by going all with your if's and wishes.
And now on pulsar, so the "crappiest vehicle ever released" surprisingly for quite a while it was the most selling bike in India and may be it still is.
And yeah it had a little problem with its gear shift which had been take care of by bajaj (as till now with my new pulsar i havent faced this problem yet and neither that vibration problem too).

See im not judging that pulsar is better than unicorn,i just said that if a person is looking for a decent mileage and nice looks,pulsar is a great option for him in that segment and if he is a bit more concerned regarding the mileage then i would suggest him to go for unicorn rather than pulsar.

PS: if one maintains his bike properly,gives it a regular servicing i dont think he has to think over again on his choice made.

KingKrool said:
The one thing I hate about Hondas, hero hondas and pulsars is their disgusting one down rest up or whatever crap shifting mechanism they have, but I seem to be in a minority in this. Why can't they just have all down?

i believe one advantage f this shifting pattern is that if u need to downshift in a hurry (read urgently) u ll still always have a gear left at the end :D

read that somewhere once :)

1 down 4 up is the norm worldwide..even the racing bikes have the same gear mechanism..i too used to wonder why it was so...but once, i read a very good explanation in a bike magazine...

u see, the thing is tht with a 1 down 4 up system, u are always in a gear..now matter u downshift or shift to a higher gear...while in an all down, or all up mechanism, u ultimately reach neutral...imagine a chase situation where ur life is at stake...u encounter a steep gradient..and u need to keep downshifting to tackle the gradient..but ur mind is preoccupied with the chase..so u keep downshifting, and accidentally u reach neutral....and before u can realize ur mistake, u are toast..:rofl:

Now imagine the same situation with a 1 down 4 up system...no matter, u keep going higher thru the gears or lower, u'll always be in a gear..and always moving....:lol: YOu dont come to a neutral whether u downshift or upshift..cos coming to neutral from 1st needs a very slight nudge....

I found tht explanation quite convincing..:rofl: Dont blame me..blame BS Motoring journos for tht..:rofl:

sorry for bumpin in...but since we're talkin abt bikes...i have a qtn...

i have a pulsar180 since an year and 2mths

my "free" services are obviously over...and i jus got my 1st paid service done few days ak frm the bajaj wkshop...
problem is i din like the service mych...

i have a doubt whether i should continue gettin service frm bajaj or get it done periodically frm sum other "mechanic"...
what do u experienced ppl usually do??

thanks...

booo said:
all cons and no pros in my view...

usually honda and HH's spares are very costly. Check the service given in your area. it depends a lot on that.

people select hondas just because of the engine refinement, but the engines of other vehicles are not bad either. in my opinion, apache and pulsars have more vfm.

my list would be:
1. apache RTR
2. pulsar 150
:rofl: :rofl:

Ask any mechanical Engineer........:mad:

kranthi4545 said:
hey $nick$ u said unicron has less looks where are u on earth, unicorn looks sexy if one could remove the headlight and go for round ones like the ones one yamaha RX 100 ,the vehicle looks like Honda Twister ,and pulsar is supposed to be crappiest vehicle ever released ,coz the most no of accidents are in pulsar no road grip no stabilty its the crappiest nike i have ever ridden engine noise is high and every part in the vehicle vibrates :mad: ,i ad one sold it off in and have Karizma ,ma younger bro has unicorn its sexy :hap2:

PS : dont get Pulsar it has gear problems get a unicorn new one especially the limited edition one.

:rofl: :rofl:

Kranthi........... you are perfect......... I lost my 3 friends in last 1.5 years on that bloody Pulser.... :mad:

Nicks........... sorry to say...... U are standing on volcano & watching sunset.... :bleh:

you really cant blame a bike for anything. Most people blame the Yam RX 100 saying that it had way too much power , with tyres of a bicycle and even weaker brakes. Yes , i know many have died on this bike. But my dad rode one for over 10 years , and never came across even a slight accident. ( that the bike did a week after he sold it is another matter)

Any bike will crash / and or kill you if you ride beyond its / your limits. Since these bikes come with discs and wider tyres, I'd say overall they're safer than what we had 5 years ago.

As always , the most important part of any vehicle is the nut in control :p

Uni is a nice bike. I personally own a P150 classic. Having ridden a few uni's every now and then , I enjoy the smooth switch at times.....The engine is real smooth and gears are slick as well.......Considering the current 150-160 CC segment my current picks would be....

1) 160RTR
2) Unicorn
3) Pulsar

If u care abt mileage then get the - XCD-135 :D

greenhorn said:
you really cant blame a bike for anything. Most people blame the Yam RX 100 saying that it had way too much power , with tyres of a bicycle and even weaker brakes. Yes , i know many have died on this bike. But my dad rode one for over 10 years , and never came across even a slight accident. ( that the bike did a week after he sold it is another matter)

Any bike will crash / and or kill you if you ride beyond its / your limits. Since these bikes come with discs and wider tyres, I'd say overall they're safer than what we had 5 years ago.

As always , the most important part of any vehicle is the nut in control :p

well said greenie :) u cant really blame a bike for that.

stellarhopper said:
sorry for bumpin in...but since we're talkin abt bikes...i have a qtn...

i have a pulsar180 since an year and 2mths

my "free" services are obviously over...and i jus got my 1st paid service done few days ak frm the bajaj wkshop...
problem is i din like the service mych...

i have a doubt whether i should continue gettin service frm bajaj or get it done periodically frm sum other "mechanic"...
what do u experienced ppl usually do??

thanks...

Some other mechanic. A reputed one is best.

Castrol Bike Zone do a good job. They are slightly expensive, but they are worth it.

@amdlover - dont blame a bike for such unpleasant incidents ..:( ..

i have pulsar 150 classic ( if u want to call first pulsars that way ) for last 6 years .. fell quite a no of times cos of stupid tyres and my tendency to use front disc more ..but never suffered even a single minor scratch :)

seems like i am very lucky or should i call my bike a lucky one for me .. even had a major fall with a friend of mine who was riding that time ..thank god for the fall or i wont be writing this stuff ..:hap2:

changed my tyres to dunlop ones now .. and its as stable as any karizma , unicorn etc .even after riding bro's 200cc pulsar did not notice that much diference apart from a bit better pickup initially.

and one thing, handling on my bike is simply awesome .. :D

Are we suggesting Vehicle or teasing each other comments ,hey common folks suggest a vehicle and please stop teasing the thread will be goin for ever.

Unicorn is way far better than Pulsar and as greenhorn said the design of pulsar tank will hurt one's b@lls.

Unicorn version 2 tat too the GP version looks good ,no other bike in India has come out with those kind of graphics not Pulsar for sure ,Honda Engines are way far better than Bajaj.

Check out the Honda Unicorn Repsol Pics Below
unicorn-grand-prix-edition2.jpg

unicorn-grand-prix-edition1.jpg

unicorn-grand-prix-edition4.jpg

It is a replica of 2006 MotoGP championship winning Repsol Honda of Nicky Hayden.

Back