Honeymoon destination - Asia

Planning my honeymoon now. Wedding's in the last week of Jan. So I need to make a headstart and grab any deals. Honeymoon is gonna be for 6 nights in the first week of February. Any place other than Asia is out of my budget

me 2 in same boat. Me getting married in feb mid. I just started thinking of places few days back and then i land up on this thread..:)
I will try to get some ideas from this thread. Will also suggest a few if i come accross any.:)

I had been to Andamans for my honeymoon this March so can help you plan if you decide on that. We had gone with a packaged tour and you can customize them a lot. If you choose any tour operator for Andamans most of the tour group will be couples on honeymoon with the odd exception of a family or an older couple :p. The only interaction you have with them is during breakfast/dinner at your place of stay and while travelling by boat. You can choose to travel by a private vehicle or a group bus for the road trips.

Since you have a lil time you can plan these yourself. I'll make a list of my itinerary and expenses and send them to you later.

Based on my calculations earlier, Thailand was coming out to be cheaper than Andamans mostly due to the airfare but there are little shopping options at Andamans so you spend less on that.

Andamans: Place is really nice. But there r no good luxury resorts where we can enjoy a little. I dont like to stay at a resort with no phone or no electricity.
There are good places to stay (even "resorts") and you have the option of staying in the town, near the town or away from the town. Mobiles work everywhere except when you go off to a beach trip on uninhabited islands. There is definitely enough electricity everywhere, we had stayed in an A/C hotel in Port Blair and in an A/C cottage in Havelock island. There are too many places (mostly beaches) to visit and you probably won't have time to utilize the resort facilities. Of course you can plan a day off and enjoy the resort.

How about langkawi ? . please Estimate the expenses first . I am seeing a big rise in air fairs now .

Except Alcohol there are not many things to buy , but it is not a big place .Since you are on a Honey moon you can slow things down and stay about 4-5 Nights there . Tourist spots are cheap there , Local Cuisines are cheap , assuming you have no problem with nonVeg . Me being a Vegetarian had dinner in the Resort itself (sheraton Langkawi ) at some indian restaurant , Price 15k For a family of four .

I am finding a lot of good resorts to stay ate latestays.com. Dont think anyone has used this service here. Europeans use this a lot.
Have set my eyes on Krabi, Thailand. Air asia fares for 2 comes around 20k plus baggage fee.

If you are visiting Malaysia, don't miss Langkawi.

For flights, I have travelled on Tiger Airways from Singapore to Bangalore, decent enough for a 4.5 hour journey.
For low cost travel, check Tiger, Air Asia, Jet Star, Scoot airways for travel within Malaysia/Thailand/Indonesia etc.

Don't do Malaysia, because it would inadvertently lead to Singapore and then you are ripped! :p

Sri Lanka is good, and can even think of Indonesia for the "quality time alone" part. Thailand is very cheap, but too popular and busy for a honeymoon.

As for airlines, try Tiger Airways. They have the cheapest tickets and only so much can go wrong on a 3-4 hr flight.

me 2 in same boat. Me getting married in feb mid. I just started thinking of places few days back and then i land up on this thread..:)
I will try to get some ideas from this thread. Will also suggest a few if i come accross any.:)

Ah congrats Devesh! :D
I can see Gannu lurking around in this thread more, are you getting married bro!? :evilgrin39: Jus kiddin :p

I ve always had Nepal/Tibet/Bhutan in my sights, my sister who has been there said Nepal is quite a place!
But then I am a sucker for mountains and cold places, beach is not my type.

Nice options presented to the op - following it keenly. Btw congrats on your impending nuptials!
<Lament>
This thread gives me the heebie-jeebies as I am thinking about similar stuff which I thought was way out of my league. We've all grown up so soon from trying to overclock our machines and fighting over the gpus and what not to now sadly deciding to loosen our wallets to spend on holidays with fiances/gfs/wives which wasn't in the picture quite so long ago. Earlier there were threads in the general talk section on how to woo/patch-up with women/marriage advice and now advice for honeymoons. I actually stopped upgrading my system and counting every rupee for future planning something that was unheard of till late. I was given threats by my better half to give up buying the ktm duke and in essence all bikes and moving to the safety of a 4 wheeler, save for a house, the marriage and other sensible(senseless) things. Good times are coming to an end.
</Lament>

Bhutan is a nice option if you want peace and just peace with zero rush of ppl. There are few attractions mainly Buddhist temple and mountains. The no of tourists are limited per year in accordance with Bhutan's tourism policy but Indians have free access all round the year , its best if you go with some tour operator. The packaged deal is better because they take care of everything right from the moment u land in paro till u return back. I had gone through Yeti's and Dragon's tour and they had provided a SUV + Driver + Guide who would travel with you for 7 or 8 days or whatever package you take. Hotels were all 3 or 4 star's and pretty nice . Food .If you are Veggie then its going to be a bit of problem because the in most hotels i saw they just used to boil vegetables and used garnish with some salt and pepper. You can order Indian food but you have to tell them well in advance. There is very little to shop and its very expensive ..Indian currency is accepted everywhere but do carry a CC or exchange some Bhutanese cash at airport. I can send you one itinerary for your reference if you want . Best time to visit is from Feb to may i guess thts when they have there national festival too. There are many positive reviews about bhutan's tourisim and you would certainly enjoy ur honeymoon there

Finally decided. Staying in Krabi, Thailand. Flights cost me close 2 45k for 2 adults, return tickets. Stay at a 4 star hotel for 5 nights cost me 27k. Grabbed a killer flat f0% deal.

Hey guys....grtting married this june and looking for a honeymoon destination within india. My budget is 60k max and im looking for a cool place like shimla kullu manali or hill stations like coorg munnar etc for 4 nights 5 days. since the monsoon starts in june july how good a place is munnar for honeymoon? I stay in hyderabad so munnar would be a very good option since it close by and would be saving a bit on airfares.
Since i spent all my life in south india i really love to visit shimla kullu or manali. Again how is the weather in those places. Peeps from shimla really gotto help me here. If i book hotel holiday home in shimla through my office ill get a very good deal like 50 bucks per night. Is hotel holiday home any good? I dont want to take any chance regarding accomadation since like everyone i want this to be memorable. Lil sightseeing, lil shopping and place with relatively less crowd is what im looking for.
Any help would be appreciated...thx.

@shady2pac

Wherever you go please take a nice hotel, even if it is bit more expensive. Don't give importance to sightseeing at all, that should be the last thing on your mind. Also why not consider Thailand etc ? It is not very expensive. Under lakh is possible i guess.
Do not go to any concrete jungle. You and your better half will remember the honeymoon for life so make it as special as you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
@raksrules ...well....getting a NOC would be a long process since i work for a PSU so im not thinking of going abroad. Any yeah no jungle for me its either a hill station or a olace like shimla.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back