Horror movie recommendations

Slayer88

Adept
Hi all, I'm looking for some really good horror movies (not thrillers). My requirement is on the lines of The Exorcist and The Omen.

I've seen the usual Emily Rose, Nun, Annabelle, etc. Looking for something apart from these.

Prefer it to be made in English and don't want vampires or stuff like Texas chainsaw massacre types.

Minimum IMDB score should be 6.5+

TIA!

Hi all, I'm looking for some really good horror movies (not thrillers). My requirement is on the lines of The Exorcist and The Omen.

I've seen the usual Emily Rose, Nun, Annabelle, etc. Looking for something apart from these.

Prefer it to be made in English and don't want vampires or stuff like Texas chainsaw massacre types.

TIA!
Depends whats your likes? Vampires/draculas, zombies, spirits, exorcisms, creeepies like nun, ring etc..

TIA!
One way to do this is what is already happening here. Recommendations from TE members

OR

You could simply use the 'advanced search" feature on IMDB, set the filters which you have mentioned above and you have your recommendations.

Some of my recommendations that I enjoyed watching:
  • Ouija Origin of Evil
  • Babadook
  • Lights Out
  • Shutter (not the 2008 American version; instead watch the 2004 Thai version)
  • The Shining
  • Pet Sematary
  • Autopsy of Jane Doe
  • I Know What You Did Last Summer
  • Oculus
Edit: Additional movies that I remembered watching:
  • Silent Hill
  • The Omen
  • Dead Silence

Last edited:
not all are meant to be scary

the ring