Host your own Win 7 launch parties supported by MS

Its been 13 hours since I got my mail and the tracking is working now :)

2:36 am on 02/10/2009 its at the Cincinnati Hub in Ohio.

I'd say it should reach me by Tuesday/Wednesday (Last time I sent a DHL to the states, it took 4 working days).

Update: One of my friends already got his package and he says (and I quote) "got it. set no expectation.."

My only expectation is that the Win7 Ultimate Signature Edition's packaging (typical black box with Bill Gates' signature on it) be good.

Update 2: Could you guys check and tell me if the address is perfectly the same as the one you had written down on the site? I wrote my address perfectly. The one I got in my e-mail changed the word "Colony" to "Marg" but that's fine cause the post office doesn't mind. Now they've misspelled "colony" (fine again) and left out my building number/room number.. or at least the site doesn't show it.

Could you guys check if the DHL site only shows you a partial address as well.. clearly people at Party House aren't copy pasting data but typing it themselves. Fail.

Tracking still not working here.

And yes, address is messed up.

Atleast they got my building and road number right and my pincode right. But it looks like first address line character limitation has screwed up the address. My area is only half printed there. But it should still reach me as my zip code is for relatively small area and road name and building name is correct.

Haven't received any tracking number yet. :( Will be going home for Diwali on 10th. I just hope my package reaches me before that.

^ give them 48-72 business hours to update your tracking numbers as there are thousands of packages which house-party is shipping out.

Expect your packages to reach your houses by next weekend.. lol (i hope..lol)

DHL says usual shipment transit time is 3 days to india from the united states. but that's not inclusive of the number of holidays this month in india..lol

Mine's working now but hell it's still in Cincinnati, US!

Even if I assume it leaves US today and reaches India by Monday, I still doubt whether I would get ie before 10th as I have to leave for my home by then :(

^^ same here.

Atleast its working.

Keep tracking it, when it reaches india, call DHL and arranged for speedy delivery before 10th or get your address changed to your home address ( they will ask for personal details, but thats fine ).

amol_cool said:
Mine's working now but hell it's still in Cincinnati, US!

Even if I assume it leaves US today and reaches India by Monday, I still doubt whether I would get ie before 10th as I have to leave for my home by then :(

Yeah, I think we'll get it by 10th.. Supposing the package will be in India on 5th or 6th then 3 days to come to our city.. (max 4 days) so it'll be reached on around on 10th or 12th..

I applied for e-mail notifications and just got an e-mail stating my package has cleared customs in Mumbai :-D

Monday/Tuesday is totally on now :-D

I should call up mu contants in DHL ;o

:( I have not yet received any intimation about the shipment. Is there any other way to know the status of the package other than relying on email?

EDIT: Okay.. I was sounding a little too desperate there, 'coz I want the package to reach me by 10th, which now looks a remote possibility.

THis is what I gather from the housparty site:
Some packages have started shipping out, but most will be shipped out early next week (Monday - Wednesday). You will get your tracking number as soon as your package ships out. Do not be alarmed if you haven’t received an email with a tracking number yet, everything is moving along as planned.

Can anyone tell me which courier guys will take care of the local shipping within India?

hey, I dont know any DHL office in my city.. Will anyone tell me how to find the offices in India.. Find DHL link just dont work..

They haven't included my phone number so I doubt whether it will reach on time or not..

Please help me regarding this..

jampack said:
DHL local service may be handled by Bluedart.

Yup! In areas where there may not be a dedicated DHL office Bluedart chips in. Though to find out exactly who will service you apart from using the link you can call into their - 1-800-111-345

Back