How do you download torrents anonymously?

Maybe I'm out of touch but I've never saw someone get any sort of notice for downloading torrents in India. No one gives a fk so why bother, OP?

Maybe I'm out of touch but I've never saw someone get any sort of notice for downloading torrents in India. No one gives a fk so why bother, OP?
Plus a single IP is shared by hundreds of connections. I haven't even given my email ID to my ISP.

I use ProtonVPN as well. Only the Free tier though. On this tier it doesn't allow P2P downloads and has servers only in 3 countries, Japan, USA and Netherlands. My main use case was connecting to Netherlands in order to play on GeForce Now / xCloud. I'd like to try the Plus version but is it possible to have a shared subscription of their services? Like a shared subscription of YT premium?
Use forced encryption in torrent clients. Using forced encryption will change the download speed. It can make it better if your ISP was blocking torrents. Or it could make it worse if your ISP was providing cache to torrents.
Prior to enabling forced encryption on qbitorrent my speeds were really slow. The ISP was the culprit behind this. So enabling forced encryption helped me in improving my speeds quite significantly.
Same here, never seen anyone I know get a notice. Germany on the other hand...

This link says that my IP was downloading some movies which I know I didn't download. The last time it was seen was 2 days ago. Not sure how this works but do ISPs keep shuffling the same set of IPs between users?
IP is dynamically given, yes. It changes when you restart the router. Plus, a single IP is shared by multiple connections simultaneously.

So, let's say, you became naughty with Google and it blocks your IP. But that would mean bunch of other users on the same ISP are also blocked from using Google just because they shared your IP.

Probably some really crazy p0rn, but seriously though, unless OP is in germany or any other european country, unless you're doing something illegal, a vpn really isn't needed

What do you guys use to pay for VPN ? Any payment mode other than crypto can be tracked back to you. And as much as they say no logs, any Govt can "amend" the law to force them to surrender your info. This is old but relevant even today, if you are looking at a VPN -

What do you guys use to pay for VPN ? Any payment mode other than crypto can be tracked back to you. And as much as they say no logs, any Govt can "amend" the law to force them to surrender your info. This is old but relevant even today, if you are looking at a VPN -
Mullvad supports cash. Get euros, put it in an envelope and send it to their HQ. No trace.

Free or paid VPN? It'll always be slow on the free ones. For paid, you can go for Proton VPN and look for specific servers which support torrenting. Proton free tier doesn't support torrenting. To get full speed, it's a trial and error process with different VPN providers. If you choose a server in a far off location such as Europe or US, it'll be slower compared to the one in Singapore.
Tried on paid vpns only. Torrent download was really slow.
Do you use Proton VPN?

Well, if no one gives a fk I don't worry. But is this 100% true? I am talking mostly about downloading movies.

use private trackers for extra layer of safety.
Can you elaborate?

Probably some really crazy p0rn, but seriously though, unless OP is in germany or any other european country, unless you're doing something illegal, a vpn really isn't needed
So no problems with regards to downloading in India? Not crazy stuff, I am talking about movies, ebooks, games etc.
IP is dynamically given, yes. It changes when you restart the router. Plus, a single IP is shared by multiple connections simultaneously.
As long as we don't subscribe to having static ip, then no prob I guess. But ISPs will have logs on who used which IP at a specific point of time, right ?

So, let's say, you became naughty with Google and it blocks your IP. But that would mean bunch of other users on the same ISP are also blocked from using Google just because they shared your IP.
IOS has some sort of private relay thing, but for every google search in safari, it first asks to resolve a captcha. Maybe this is one reason.

Last edited:
Do no ISPs in India give out IPV6? Will that even work if some company started doing it?
Jio fiber and jio mobile both give only ipv6 addresses. They do the most intrusive stuff too - like deep packet inspection etc. They have a movie production business so not surprised they go to greater lengths to search for pirates and stop people pirating stuff.

Guys who are using proton vpn, do you pay directly that 10 dollars per month or is there any slot sharing system available?

We live in world's third country and no one gives a f about paid vpn when you do torrenting, i use only a vpn extension to get magnet link.
I use qbittorrent client it give me good download speed

Back