How do you find games to play

One may also start with story driven, linear albeit short third person action games as well. Games like Control.
Control was fun but the battles got repetitive very fast.
The setting/ level design is also very unidimensional - I finished it about halfway through but then dumped it.

Coming to think of it, the predecessor to control (quantum break) is also a rather good story driven 3rd person action shooter.
The PC version doesnt have the 30fps limitation either

Have you tried strategy games? Especially turn-based? Give a shot to Shadowrun, XCOM 2, Sid Meier's Civilization 5th or 6th,

You may try dmc5 and previous dmc games.

From your first post you seem to be a person who maybe not looking for very serious games which have hard learning curve.

I feel you are more Nintendo person.
Try to play some Nintendo type games like Zelda or if you want to stick to pc gaming then try Darksiders etc.

They are some old games and graphics may look little inferior but still great games .

Uncharted as recommended by others is also masterpiece.
Even non gamers love that game.

2 indie games with absolutely perfect gameplay - FTL, Nuclear throne.
And then there is portal 1/2, Half life 2 - very cheap during sales too. Hard to find fault in any of these. Maybe 1st two can be a bit difficult initially.

Try indie games bruh
Vampire survivors
Hades
Risk of rain 2
I sink a lot of time in these games
Hades is really good. @OP It's easy to get overwhelmed; like many have already recommended, start with a game that gets you hooked. God of War 2018, portal, older COD with nice campaign like WW2, If you have a sibling/spouse/partner try "It takes two". Bottom line is have fun with it. STAY AWAY from souls games unless you are a masochist and get off on that shit (I am kidding I love fromsoft games but won't recommend them to new players)

Hades is really good. @OP It's easy to get overwhelmed; like many have already recommended, start with a game that gets you hooked. God of War 2018, portal, older COD with nice campaign like WW2, If you have a sibling/spouse/partner try "It takes two". Bottom line is have fun with it. STAY AWAY from souls games unless you are a masochist and get off on that shit (I am kidding I love fromsoft games but won't recommend them to new players)
Can say the same about souls like recommended demon souls to one of my friends who just bought ps5, he was previously into open world games bro just quit after an hour

My all time favs other than the usual ones:

ME2,3 . I think no game can top the ending of ME2 if you are into sci-fi's
Bioshock 1 and Infinite
Killzone 2,3 PS3 Hans Zimmer soundtrack in 2, played co-op too which was really good. Do you guys know any good co ops like Killzone?

Addicting - TF2, Rocketleague, BF2042 (getting better and better) : These however saved me quite a bit of money as I no longer have to purchase new games :D

@gourav
Another marvelous indie game - Hotline miami 1 (and 2). Short but music really makes it exhilarating and intense.
I had sort of stopped for a while long time back and i think got back into gaming with some of these indie games, indie games were just starting to get popular.
This one + lisa + This war of mine + ftl made me realize that indie games can be of very high quality + can be different.
Assuming you are still looking for recommendations so writing it down when i think of something.

I have been playing Valkyria Chronicles 4.
I think VC3 came out only on psp go Japan.
Otherwise this series I have played every game and is very interesting and worth the try for people who want strategy games that is not that hard to learn and fun to play.

Absolutely brilliant.
Thanks to SSDs this game loads also much faster now compared to older versions . So that makes it much better experience.

Back