How do you unwind?

When work from home started, I bought a fish and bowl. Then upgraded to a slightly bigger tank with some aquatic plants, driftwood and pebbles (my idea of basic aquascaping :D). I have this set up on my work desk. Its always refreshing to stare at a planted tank or the fish for a few moments when you feel real tired or brain-numbed :) I also cleaned up a small stone basin outside our house and added a few guppies in it.. different colors. I've found these small small things really spice up your everyday life!

And my wife and kid would've slept usually when i finish up my things and be ready for bed.. so either I watch an episode of some web series( currently watching 'The Man in The High Castle') or take a book to bed (with a clip on reading light ofcourse, so that I wont wake them).

Well.. these helps me unwind a bit :)

Booze for me. Current price however makes me depressed. Movies/ tv shows/ CS other time.

Workout is obviously the best. But the thought of it makes me depressed too lol

When work from home started, I bought a fish and bowl. Then upgraded to a slightly bigger tank with some aquatic plants, driftwood and pebbles (my idea of basic aquascaping :D). I have this set up on my work desk. Its always refreshing to stare at a planted tank or the fish for a few moments when you feel real tired or brain-numbed :) I also cleaned up a small stone basin outside our house and added a few guppies in it.. different colors. I've found these small small things really spice up your everyday life!

And my wife and kid would've slept usually when i finish up my things and be ready for bed.. so either I watch an episode of some web series( currently watching 'The Man in The High Castle') or take a book to bed (with a clip on reading light ofcourse, so that I wont wake them).

Well.. these helps me unwind a bit :)
I got a small 35 liter tank as a gift. I will build 2 more myself. Fish keeping/aqua scaping is just another level of satisfaction. Right now I got 5 active Danios in the 35 liter molded aquarium. Plan to keep 3 in all. One big for cichlids, one for the Angles and guppies and one breeding/hospital tank. Lockdown is delaying everything. I almost lost my sleep over it!

Last edited:
I got a small 35 liter tank as a gift. I will build 2 more myself. Fish keeping/aqua scaping is just another level of satisfaction. Right now I got 5 active Danios in the 35 liter molded aquarium. Plan to keep 3 in all. One big for cichlids, one for the Angles and guppies and one breeding/hospital tank. Lockdown is delaying everything. I almost lost my sleep over it!
Wow that sounds cool... all the best with aquascaping the 2 new tanks planned. I am a lot lazier than you mate :shy: My small planted (~11ltrs) just houses one betta (well it doesn't have space for anything else) and the guppies I got are all male so I don't have to deal with the hassle of breeding :p
Yes lockdown is frustrating indeed especially when you are waiting for something. Breeder is unable to send me the 4 guppies I ordered recently.

Wow that sounds cool... all the best with aquascaping the 2 new tanks planned. I am a lot lazier than you mate :shy: My small planted (~11ltrs) just houses one betta (well it doesn't have space for anything else) and the guppies I got are all male so I don't have to deal with the hassle of breeding :p
Yes lockdown is frustrating indeed especially when you are waiting for something. Breeder is unable to send me the 4 guppies I ordered recently.
Only fish keeping planned as of now. Just a childhood hobby revived recently... Just learning new things now... all the things I did as a school kid were killing my fish. Consider adding bio media if possible. Game changer, really helps. Certain things the fish really need:

and a good filter :)

How about start plantation in small pots and once grow enough, hand over / replant in garden or road side barren land... next 4 month will be monsoon in India.... even if those plant live for 6 month, they will produce oxygen .... after 6 month, if plants are lucky enough, some one will water them to grow ...

Only fish keeping planned as of now. Just a childhood hobby revived recently... Just learning new things now... all the things I did as a school kid were killing my fish. Consider adding bio media if possible. Game changer, really helps. Certain things the fish really need:

and a good filter :)
Great, tnx mate.. Diatoms are a problem in my tank probably because of the tap(well) water I am using. I think this should help!!

Think it needs no explanation. What are you guys doing to unwind? I usually don't feel very stressed after working in hospitals. But for last few days, most of the time is being spent on meetings with bureaucrats, fundings etc.

I am not accustomed to these things and thousands of thoughts are keeping me awake at night. How do you guys unwind after a day of continuous online meetings? We are in lockdown, of course we can drive around the city with a car sticker, but everything is closed.
I slept the entire afternoon...for next 3/4 days will be doing the same shit...one meeting after another...and it would drive me mad.
What can you do in India ( kolkata) during a lockdown? Can't go for a run (the heat will kill for sure), don't drink, can't even have sex ( no partner).... really pathetic situation...any bright ideas?
Can I learn basics of Linux in few days? Where from I start? What's even considered basics in an operating system?
If you like pets, maybe feed the stray dogs/Cats around the Rajarhat, Newtown office area once or twice a day. As the offices are closed, the local food stalls also are closed and they are practically starving.

The aquarium should not be under direct sunlight or any light. Light increases algae.

If you like pets, maybe feed the stray dogs/Cats around the Rajarhat, Newtown office area once or twice a day. As the offices are closed, the local food stalls also are closed and they are practically starving.
My brother does that when he saw those street dogs struggled for food in first Lockdown and since then he feeds them daily twice a day so when we open a door in the morning there are around 5~6 dogs waiting for us :D
Dam I am not fond of pets but feeding them gives lots of satisfaction (now when ever we go out they follow us)

@aok I heard using UV lamps can help get rid of diatoms and algae. Should be kept inside water filter, etc. Fish and humans should not be exposed.
Ohh.. I am yet to consider UV lamp, will read about it mate. I do have a filter for my aquarium but I think my water parameters should be askew as I'm using our well water directly without any treatment.

The aquarium should not be under direct sunlight or any light. Light increases algae.
Learned it the hard way :oldman:

Can buy submersible UV lamps meant for aquarium use, also make sure the UV light does not get exposed to humans, fish, etc. So, better to be kept inside external filter.

Back