How is Lufthansa for travelling to the US?

its the opposite direction! unless you're travelling to the US West Coast, its no point flying via any of the South East hubs

Air India to the US is the awesomest possible experience as long as you are on the new 777LRs.

lookup seatguru.com for in air amenities and seat choice suggestions.

lookup trip reports on airliners.net for accurate feedback on airlines and the aircraft they use.

Agree with you there, even Austrian Airlines is way better than LH, atleast the last time I went. Space is more and service is better. Air India is very good on the newer planes, as service and food was always good, but they lacked amenities.

I once returned from Germany on an AI flight which had 250 odd passengers on board and only one running loo.

But even on that flight the staff was very friendly and never rude even once.

The main reason why Air India has better food as it is an Indian airline company. I mean they know what is the taste of Indians. Although other airlines too try to give better food but they dont have the usual Indian dishes. Just my thinking.
Like you may not (i may be wrong) chana masala sabji in some other airline.
But i was pleasantly surprised when i was served panner mutter and Naan in a flight from Paris to Toronto on Air France. That was probably because i had opted for a Asian Veg meal.

^^ you mean Swiss.. LH doesnt fly BOM-ZRH. Swiss does. (Although they do own Swiss and Austrian)

unless you flew BOM-FRA on LH 757 and then onwards to ZRH.. via FRA

^^ Why don't u try BA?? i travelled by BA and it had good entertainment, good food.. and even beautiful air hostesses.. :p

^^ BA is a risk if you are gonna be travelling via LHR, which you most probably will.

LHR has to be THE most ridiculously messed up airport in the whole world. Invariably your luggage ends up getting delayed there

Back