How is this speed possible in a village: BSNL 3G

sam000

Adept
As the title says today i asked bsnl guys about 3g service in my village...they told me to meet a SDE who was the in charge..the SDE guy asked his men to show me a demo in my village itself and said if i am satisfied with the speed then only i need to pay...after like an hour of riding to my village the BSNL guy plugged the USB device and i fired up utorrent this was the result:

the screenshots was taken after 15 mins...IDM goes upto 650KB/sec :O

How is this speed possible in a village :huh: will these speed be consistent(i will be more than satisfied if i get 1.5 mbps) should i go for this BSNL 3g ? guys pls tell me this speed is not a fluke :p i am going for it tomorrow morning

Plan the bsnl guy told me to go for is RS 1500(unlimited POSTPAID) is this a good plan :huh: pls reply guys i am going to surrender my phone line and go for this...thanks:)

BSNL 3G Speeeeeeeeeeeed :D...take it

Btw take an open Market Unlocked Huawei E122 3G Modem (from Dealer Section) for Rs 2250 shipped. Then you can take the 6 months advance Rs 4200 unlimited BSNL 3G for 6 months plan :D

Dont surrender the landline ...just put it to some cheapo plans like Combo 500+ or something....that way with Rs 700 + 550 = Rs 1250 per month you can have the best of both worlds :p

nitant said:
BSNL has an awesome network in Villages and all. No congestion u see. I doubt anyone over there uses torrents :p
You are right no one uses torrents here except me...also all of them go for limited plans only .The guy said i have to pay this amount to get a 3 G connection:

Plan = Rs1500

Data card = Rs 2500

Depeosit = Rs 500

Total = Rs 4500 is the amount right?

So answer me guys will the speed be steady or what?

Supra said:
BSNL 3G Speeeeeeeeeeeed :D...take it

Btw take an open Market Unlocked Huawei E122 3G Modem (from Dealer Section) for Rs 2250 shipped. Then you can take the 6 months advance Rs 4200 unlimited BSNL 3G for 6 months plan :D

Dont surrender the landline ...just put it to some cheapo plans like Combo 500+ or something....that way with Rs 700 + 550 = Rs 1250 per month you can have the best of both worlds :p
So if i pay RS 4200 in advance i get 6 months UNLIMITED traffic ? thats like only RS 700 a month ? are you sure buddy which offer is that man pls tell me :eek:hyeah:

Is the data card inferior to the modem you are suggesting? ...the bsnl guy said the data card costs Rs 2500(triband or something like that)

ronit said:
give your village details. in which zone does it fall?

I am from a village near arakkonam town in Tamil nadu....i was instructed to go all the way to kancheepuram(thats where the SDE guy is) to get the demo .

So can someone answer my doubts i raised in my earlier posts thanks :)

Get a 3G Sim from any BSNL CSC ( Rs 59 + Rs 58 FRC ) and get a USB Modem like E122 from the dealers section as Supra mentioned.

Recharge for Rs 4200 and you'll have 6 months of unlimited 3g service. :)

varkey said:
Get a 3G Sim from any BSNL CSC ( Rs 59 + Rs 58 FRC ) and get a USB Modem like E122 from the dealers section as Supra mentioned.

Recharge for Rs 4200 and you'll have 6 months of unlimited 3g service. :)
What is this Rs 58 "FRC" means? cant i avail the RS 4200 offer if i go for the data card from BSNL?

superb man !

I being in a city like Mumbai can't get such speeds in such good rates and you can get it in a small town that awesome

I hope that 3g plans are soon launched by all private operators

Check here :

http://www.bsnl.in/images/BSNL_3G_data_card_Festival_Offer_Ad_1_1.jpg

Here is how you should go about the whole thing :p

1. Get Huawei E122 from the dealer section. Its much better than the BSNL Modem. (Tell SDE you have an old modem which your brother used with BSNL 3G in bangalore if he cribs :p)

2. Get BSNL 3G Prepaid BSNL Sim Card for Rs 59. After activation do a Rs 120 First recharge. You should get 7 days unlimited downloads here and test the connection properly.

3. If all is fine after 1 week do a recharge of Rs 4200 for 6 months of Unlimited 3G :D

Enjoy and of course treat pending for me if all works fine :p

techno_guy said:
superb man !
I being in a city like Mumbai can't get such speeds in such good rates and you can get it in a small town that awesome
I hope that 3g plans are soon launched by all private operators

Wow thats news to me.,..i thought mumbai will be enjoying all the speed as it is a very well developed city .
Supra said:
Check here :

http://www.bsnl.in/images/BSNL_3G_data_card_Festival_Offer_Ad_1_1.jpg

Here is how you should go about the whole thing :p

1. Get Huawei E122 from the dealer section. Its much better than the BSNL Modem. (Tell SDE you have an old modem which your brother used with BSNL 3G in bangalore if he cribs :p)
2. Get BSNL 3G Prepaid BSNL Sim Card for Rs 59. After activation do a Rs 120 First recharge. You should get 7 days unlimited downloads here and test the connection properly.
3. If all is fine after 1 week do a recharge of Rs 4200 for 6 months of Unlimited 3G :D

Enjoy and of course treat pending for me if all works fine :p
thanks for the detailed reply man...so the only reason you guys are suggesting i go for this Huawei E122 is its better than the BSNL card..can you tell me in what way it is better ? will i get even more speed on this huawei usb modem?

one more doubt if i go for the bsnl data card will be able to avail the Rs 4200 offer???

Treat? how about a box of sweet ;).

sam000 said:
Wow thats news to me.,..i thought mumbai will be enjoying all the speed as it is a very well developed city .

no here stupid mtnl guys have plans of Rs 2500 with FUP of 25gb and no other private operator has started 3g services

Docomo have started 3g but they don't have licence in mumbai

So I am sadly waiting for Reliance as I don't have any hopes from Airtel and Vodafone to provide good rates for 3g

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and yes the Huawei one is much better as I is a good brand but i don't think you will get more speed on it

^^

Huawei E122 comes unlocked and later you can use sim cards of other 3G providers as well (say Aircel 3G, Airtel 3G etc). Also it comes with an external antenna slot just in case you go to an area where coverage is less...you can put one of those external antennas to boost signal and speed. USSD support to check your balance. Also E122 supports upto 7.2 Mbps download and 5.76 Mbps upload speeds and is also quad band supported.

No need to take data card from BSNL ..its not complusory.

@techno guy thats a sad situation but will change soon i hope :)

@Supra again thanks for the detailed reply...i cant for other providers as no one will cover this area except BSNL.I can get the BSNL 7.2 mbps data card(which is a tri band supported card i guess) what kinda download/upload speed i can get on this

tri band bsnl card? doesnt the BSNL tri band card also comes with an antena??

If i say go for the huawei quad band card will my speed increase? thanks.

ya i too hope that

sam000 said:
@techno guy thats a sad situation but will change soon i hope :)

@Supra again thanks for the detailed reply...i cant for other providers as no one will cover this area except BSNL.I can get the BSNL 7.2 mbps data card(which is a

tri band supported card i guess) what kinda download/upload speed i can get on this

tri band bsnl card? doesnt the BSNL tri band card also comes with an antena??

If i say go for the huawei quad band card will my speed increase? thanks.

no the speeds won't increase but you will save 250 bucks and also get a better datacard

also even though you don't have any other network then too suppose if some operator comes to your area with cheap plans then you will again have to buy a new card. and you can sell the huawei card on TE market easily too

Back