How is this speed possible in a village: BSNL 3G

Can the FRC be done from anywhere ?

Actually there is a kirana shop which sells BSNL sim cards here in my area. Can i tell that shop only to do the FRC also ?

Anything special he needs to do ?

Hmmm I went into a BSNL CSC this morning, filled a form and paid 120rs. Got a SIM,simple.

In case you have an existing SIM, you have to till in the same firm for migration so that you can use 3G.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

@raks---- 58 FRC is better and cheaper and gives Rs 25 in main balance. Also I guess its a lifetime validity sim. Unlimited 3G is for any new 3G connection. Your roadisde wala sells 3G sims !! I dont think so anywhere other than CSCs and few BSNL E-Shoppe we get 3G sims.

Any case get the BSNL 3G sim.....get it activated....do a Rs 58 First Recharge ( Just tell retailer to do recharge of Rs 58 not top-up).

So total cost is Rs 59 + 58 = Rs 117...bunnboi u gave off the RS 3 balanace chiller :p...and ya u get Rs 25 talktime :) in main account. 1000 on-net + 1000 off-net sms free + 200 MB free after 7 day period + 100 min video calls :p

And ya unlimited 3G is working for me on my new 3G sim :D

BSNL 3G is of course available in Mysore and almost all cities,towns of Karnataka now :)

Supra said:
Check here :

http://www.bsnl.in/images/BSNL_3G_data_card_Festival_Offer_Ad_1_1.jpg

Here is how you should go about the whole thing :p

1. Get Huawei E122 from the dealer section. Its much better than the BSNL Modem. (Tell SDE you have an old modem which your brother used with BSNL 3G in bangalore if he cribs :p)
2. Get BSNL 3G Prepaid BSNL Sim Card for Rs 59. After activation do a Rs 120 First recharge. You should get 7 days unlimited downloads here and test the connection properly.
3. If all is fine after 1 week do a recharge of Rs 4200 for 6 months of Unlimited 3G :D

Enjoy and of course treat pending for me if all works fine :p
WTF? :O That's all you need to avail the BSNL 3G?

I am on a shitty Youtele UL 512kbps connection. Need to shift to a better plan. Reliance did not contact me after dropping a mail to them. Bunch of lamers.

Supra, I just have a PAN card. Passport has expired and I did not bother applying for a renewal. :ashamed: Would it be possible for me to avail a connection? No ration card/no voter's ID card either.

Btw before all this hoopla, how do I find out if this 3G has actually come to Surat? :ashamed:

Lol, gannu :lol:
I suppose you have a 3g enabled phone.
Do a manual scan for network in 3g category, or UMTS or dual mode which ever 3g phone you have.

^^

Yes it should be available in Surat.

BSNL 3G launched in Surat, Gujarat Region

If you have a 3G Phone just put the phone into 3G/UMTS Mode and search for network manually. If BSNL 3G shows up you are good to go.

PAN card will do as ID proof. For address proof get your rental agreement + A letter from your HR mentioning your employment with them and your current rented residence address, should have company seal. Easier way is to get the connection on the name of someone who have a BSNL landline showing the bill as addy proof. Much easier and faster :)

@Supra

But then what is this 120 rupees recharge of getting unlimited 3G for a week ?

Also i guess all SIMs must be 3G enabled right ? I am not sure if that shopkeeper must be knowing whether the SIM is 2G or not.

^^ RS 120 is a FRC....even with Rs 58 FRC its working for me. Dont get a 2G sim and migrate it to 3G ...that way it doesn't work for UL 3G for 7 days! I am sure you wont get the 256 KB BSNL 3G sims on roadside shops :p

H_D said:
MTNL do something :p

On the side note, if we use data card as our permanent solution for torrenting then is it a good idea? what about the ip adresses, does each data card has different ip address or is it same for everyone. you all know how much "tante" are there in private trackers haha
MTNL i think fears losing their broadband customers to 3G.
Thats the reason they have FUP and have capped their speeds to 3.6mbps.
I have used their 3g connection in different phones, SE T7OO, nokia 523O, and nokia C5.
The max speed i got was about 338KB/sec that too around 5am :mad:.
I am waiting for reliance to launch their services as quickly as possible.

MTNL gives way better plans on ADSL than BSNL....so at least pardon them for their 3G :p....we BSNL users should get something this time :p

You guys have 1 Mbps UL for 999 :p

Supra said:
^^

Yes it should be available in Surat.

BSNL 3G launched in Surat, Gujarat Region

If you have a 3G Phone just put the phone into 3G/UMTS Mode and search for network manually. If BSNL 3G shows up you are good to go.

PAN card will do as ID proof. For address proof get your rental agreement + A letter from your HR mentioning your employment with them and your current rented residence address, should have company seal. Easier way is to get the connection on the name of someone who have a BSNL landline showing the bill as addy proof. Much easier and faster :)
Have an iPhone 3G with me although after enabling the 3G service, nothing shows up as a 3G service in Network Selection with the carrier. Maybe it is not available in the outskirts of the town?

I'll do one thing then. I'll avail a connection from my landlord who should definitely have a bsnl landline. I haven't signed any rental agreement lol. Just moved into the home. :p

Thanks a bunch Supra. Keep you posted. :)

Supra said:
^^ RS 120 is a FRC....even with Rs 58 FRC its working for me. Dont get a 2G sim and migrate it to 3G ...that way it doesn't work for UL 3G for 7 days! I am sure you wont get the 256 KB BSNL 3G sims on roadside shops :p
Yes me too thinks so. Then i guess i will go to office late on one day and visit the CSC center in morning.

Also as you are saying it is working with 58 FRC, does it mean you are using UL 3G for 1 week using FRC of 58 instead of 120 ? :S

A roadside shop near my house has BSNL 3G sims :eek:hyeah: So, it is possible to get it at your local kirana shop,roadside shop.

^LOL I think so because another friend of mine seems to have taken one like that. The shopkeeper bugged him a lot for the address proof and stuff but he got one it appears. Haven't seen it myself so can't comment. Anyhow I'll pay a visit to the CSC Centre and get one from there itself. :)

A roadside shop near my house has BSNL 3G sims So, it is possible to get it at your local kirana shop,roadside shop.

Can you plz find out the exact store name & location in Bangalore....its far easier if we can get it in a store...there are huge queues sometimes in the CSCs :(

Supra said:
Can you plz find out the exact store name & location in Bangalore....its far easier if we can get it in a store...there are huge queues sometimes in the CSCs :(
No store name,its a very small roadside shop selling sims/mobile panels etc :p

Just got BSNL 3G working. 3.34Mbps with -101dB signal :D

18382177.png

when tethered to laptop i get 2Mbps. Not bad at all :D

Back