How is this speed possible in a village: BSNL 3G

The Huawei E122 comes for Rs 2250 shipped. The BSNL card is Triband supported Linktop LW273....I am not sure if it supports HSUPA for upload speeds upto 2 Mbps. If not you will get upload of only around 384 kbps. If u ask me or anyone here on TE they will tell you to go for the Huawei E122 which supports HSDPA 7.2 Mbps/HSUPA 5.76 Mbits which is much future proof and max anyone will ever need :p

If you do take the BSNL...take only the triband Linktop LW273 Model ( not LW272 which costs Rs 2000/- now and supports only 3.6Mbps HSDPA). The BSNL data card also supports external antenna I suppose.

lucky you and your village!! if its possible for u to arrange a 3g enabled handset or datacard frm someone, u could test the consistency of the speed for few days and buy a new datacard if satisfied.. that would be a better option IMO, coz i doubt if anybody here could predict the bsnl :(

Supra said:
The Huawei E122 comes for Rs 2250 shipped. The BSNL card is Triband supported Linktop LW273....I am not sure if it supports HSUPA for upload speeds upto 2 Mbps. If not you will get upload of only around 384 kbps. If u ask me or anyone here on TE they will tell you to go for the Huawei E122 which supports HSDPA 7.2 Mbps/HSUPA 5.76 Mbits which is much future proof and max anyone will ever need :p

If you do take the BSNL...take only the triband Linktop LW273 Model ( not LW272 which costs Rs 2000/- now and supports only 3.6Mbps HSDPA). The BSNL data card also supports external antenna I suppose.

WOW SO if i can get this card i will get more upload speed great.I visited the dealers section it is retailing for Rs 2250 since you guys are pressing this modem like anything...i will try to get it from delta peripherals if not i will get this from here only if the dealer accepts bank transfer (i dont have paypal :()

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@nfsnfs & techno guy those speed was seen with the ordinary data card of bsnl not the TRI BAND supported card which costs Rs 500 more...hell yeah india is SHINING :D

Have some stupid doubts on BSNL 3G

Do I need to have a BSNL landline to get the 3G SIM?

If I buy a SIM in Blore, will they ask for address proof for a Blore address?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

WOW SO if i can get this card i will get more upload speed great.I visited the dealers section it is retailing for Rs 2250 since you guys are pressing this modem like anything...i will try to get it from delta peripherals if not i will get this from here only if the dealer accepts bank transfer (i dont have paypal )

He surely accepts bank xfers/deposits :p...all TE dealers do :).

Have some stupid doubts on BSNL 3G

Do I need to have a BSNL landline to get the 3G SIM?

If I buy a SIM in Blore, will they ask for address proof for a Blore address?

LOL your DL address proof with Mysore address will do :p

Just take a photo, PAN card xerox and DL Xerox to the BSNL CSC in BTM 2nd Stage 6th Main 4th Cross ( behind the Indian Oil Petrol Bunk/Reliance Fresh)...open from 9-30 am or so.

For now go tmr with the docs above and take a 3G prepaid sim ( RS 59 for sim + Rs 58 for FRC)....tell them u will use with mobile only lol :p...after that if ur speed is good with the 7 days UL offer u can test.

No need for BSNL landline...its like a normal prepaid sim re :p

Supra said:
He surely accepts bank xfers/deposits :p...all TE dealers do :).

thanks for clearing that up .I will talk to kamal tomorrow if he doesnt have it i will talk to the dealer here :)

@sunny supra bhai has answered your query

^ I m getting 200KB/s upload speeds on the E122 usb modem and 250KB/s download speed.Do test out your upload speed once you get hold of the modem. It seems the towers in your village are 7.2mbps ready :)

MTNL do something :p

On the side note, if we use data card as our permanent solution for torrenting then is it a good idea? what about the ip adresses, does each data card has different ip address or is it same for everyone. you all know how much "tante" are there in private trackers haha

sadly in my village/town ...the signal stength is not much thats why i font get much speed still 30-100KBps is better than nothing :) ( filing complaint regularly so they they install a new tower in my area)

SpaceVoid said:
^ I m getting 200KB/s upload speeds on the E122 usb modem and 250KB/s download speed.Do test out your upload speed once you get hold of the modem. It seems the towers in your village are 7.2mbps ready :)
Wow. Thats awesome. I don't get upload speeds above 30-40 kBps :( I am using Huawei UMG181, and I also tried it on a E122. Will it be because the tower is not HSUPA enabled?

SpaceVoid said:

wFsBA.jpg
wow thats insane upload speed ...2 mbps :D

strategy said:
sadly in my village/town ...the signal stength is not much thats why i font get much speed still 30-100KBps is better than nothing :) ( filing complaint regularly so they they install a new tower in my area)
dont know how i get those speed here ....iasked the bsl guy how i get so much speed in a rmote area and he was like :ashamed:

varkey said:
Wow. Thats awesome. I don't get upload speeds above 30-40 kBps :( I am using Huawei UMG181, and I also tried it on a E122. Will it be because the tower is not HSUPA enabled?

The bsnl guy doesnt even know the location of the tower :no:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

H_D said:
MTNL do something :p

On the side note, if we use data card as our permanent solution for torrenting then is it a good idea? what about the ip adresses, does each data card has different ip address or is it same for everyone. you all know how much "tante" are there in private trackers haha
i would like to know that too

actually that exactly is what i feel.

My new house is in a not so "urban" area. doubt if anyone is in 3G. I get like 370KB steady in torrents. dunno hw much my n97 supports.

wow...and I jus bot the Reliance netconnect+...what a waste, anyways i will give this BSNL 3G a shot, anyone in Hyerabad staying in and around Madhapur testify to the speeds they are getting?...So Jerry instead of buying the modem, your using your phone to surf the net?...nice i think i may also have a n95/5800xm lying around, does it make sense to try it out with them or do they not support max speeds??

@Supra

In this thread you have mentioned FRC amounts of 58 and 120, what difference does this make ?

In 120, i guess you mentioned that one gets unlimited 3G usage for a week but what is 58 one for ?

Jasku said:
wow...and I jus bot the Reliance netconnect+...what a waste, anyways i will give this BSNL 3G a shot, anyone in Hyerabad staying in and around Madhapur testify to the speeds they are getting?...So Jerry instead of buying the modem, your using your phone to surf the net?...nice i think i may also have a n95/5800xm lying around, does it make sense to try it out with them or do they not support max speeds??
actually i do not know their max speeds and all... wait for someone to comment on that.

And yea i bought a e122 also. waiting for it to reach me.

just checked.. getting max speeds in the n97min.. around 380KBps.

but its not constant let me say that.. sometimes the speed just dies to 100KBps. guess it has to do with the reconnection and port issues in torrent.

@supra... i did the 1500 recharge on oct 29th as I was not sure whether bsnl would really come up with 4200 recharge.Should have waited a bit :(

H_D said:

It would be good if you went to their IRC's and had a chat with the support staff over there.It depends on which tracker you are on.Some are really fussy while others dont care much about this.If they do okay it dont forget to add some info in your profile page stating you are on a certain ip and blah blah.Just to be safe.

raksrules said:
@Supra

In this thread you have mentioned FRC amounts of 58 and 120, what difference does this make ?

In 120, i guess you mentioned that one gets unlimited 3G usage for a week but what is 58 one for ?

The SIM+first recharge is for 120 rs. You wont get any talktime but one week unlimited downloads.

Got my 3G SIM today :D awaiting activation :p

Back