How many of you have a genuine copy of Vista?

ujjwal said:
I have a genuine Vista Business edition. That is, I have a genuine copy of most windows versions from my college MSDNAA account :D

How do we order the Vista 64bit DVD? I tried downloading it using their crazy downloader software and it was corrupted ... twice. And how much does it cost?

sTALKEr said:
^^ me too :p...

never had any corruption issues though

me too have vista business from msdnaa

never had corruptions with ms file transfer manager

I never had problems with XP, VS or any other download, but strangely Vista 64bit failed twice :( I can't risk a 4GB download again.

OK, I found the link for ordering 64bit media, but strangely when I enter my key it says "No offer available". Is it not there in India, or does it not work with MSDNAA keys?

since msdn provides you with direct download links, i would presume that you cannot order the media.

also.. whats the proxy ur college runs on?

we used to have trouble while the had an old version of Squid. no downloads of greater than 4gigs would work. a relic of the 32bit era.

all this is assuming that you dl from your college :)

College has some program and purchased many keys.. Plus a friend is a microsoft student partner so he arranged it for around 60 odd people..

^^ You really need a fast system for Vista and most people here have that. :)

My sis has a genuine Vista Business on her laptop and is slow as hell !!! I hate it when she asks me to do install some stuff as the whole system is dreadfully slow even though she has a C2D 1.8 + 1 GB DDR 2 667 Mhz ram ! :mad:

Even my cousin purchased an HP PC with Intel Dual Core 1.66 + 3 GB ram with Oringinal Vista Home Premium and even that was slow !!! He finally gave it to his son and took back his old Petium M laptop with original XP. That was much faster with just 512 MB ram ! :rofl:

HP laptop eh?

If you have access to a Vista DVD, try reformatting and installing SP1. Make sure it is a clean image. It turns out that some of the problem with Vista is that the utilities bundled by OEMs can cause problems.

I have a OEM license of Vista Business. haven't used it much
will install it when my replacement hdd arrives.right now, KNNOPIX is my temporary OS. using pc without HDD is fun, you can turn it off like a TV :D

The sticker on my machine says Vista business, but thank God Dell still has XP support for the enterprise. Unfortunately namic and biosbhai arent that lucky. they have acer machines , and acer it seems will only support vista. biosbhai so has to run XP on vmware :lol:

I have my genuine Vista in my notebook installed. I bought it together with my laptop but i am not sure if it's 64 bit.. How will I determine it?

Vista Ultimate 32 and 64 bit - Paid 10K, got a corporate scheme
Windows XP Prof 32 bit - Paid 6.5K in 2006 corporate scheme
Windows 98SE - Bought in 2000, paid 6.7K

Back