How many of you want the Micro SD card slot back.

Does Anyone miss the Micro-SD card Slot?

• Total voters
My only real need for microSD was when I rooted my device and TWRP did not support on-device storage decryption. Installing from the card was a breeze. Also, carrying over content when switching devices.

Otherwise, it is far too slow and ruins the experience if people start using it as unified storage.
Only power users like who are into Custom ROMs, backups etc would prefer this. Most normies wouldn't care for this.
I too wouldn't buy a phone with no SD card expansion slot because I usually almost always remove stock ROM and use custom ROM and I like the option of backing up my data on external cards and keep ROMs/kernels/recoveries on it in case of emergency and also for saving time when I may need to wipe internal storage for some reason.

I didn't read this before voting. Who cares about samsung devices they suck anyway :D
Eh ? when was the last time you used one if ever
Only power users like who are into Custom ROMs, backups etc would prefer this. Most normies wouldn't care for this.
Main reason to have SD card slot is so i don't need to use the cloud.

This goes back to the days when speed was slow and expensive as well.

Not to be offensive but I disagree. I like Samsung devices.
Samsung either makes really good products or really bad. There's no in between.

The exceptional products of Samsung which I own:
1) Nu8000 TV.
2) Refrigerator.
3) AC
4) Galaxy frontier s3 watch

The worst products of Samsung which I've owned and wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
1) Samsung S9 plus with exynos processor. This was my first flagship phone which I could afford. Before this I was a broke college student and it was a dream of mine to own a flagship. And my god this phone was a hot steaming pile of shit. Overheating, absolute garbage battery backup. Regretted every day.
2) Microwave oven. Again very bad. It has ceramic insides which is supposed to be more efficient but it's completely opposite. Can't bake for shit. Amazon basics microwave oven is so much better
3) Galaxy watch active 2. This might be controversial but samsung heavily advertised this as waterproof. But first day swimming in shallow pool and it went poof. I would not put this here had I not not owned Galaxy frontier S3 watch. It's almost 5 years old now but it withstands anything. So yeah Samsung watches quality has degraded or I got a faulty product.

Most high-end flagships are removing the feature/never had it. OnePlus, Google, Samsung, Apple, Honor etc. I have taken it upon myself to stand up for photographers/power users.
Post it. Very useful for flashing, and at least flagships should have it, they're supposed to be on the cutting edge.

Just like how the colorful notification led vanished slowly fading into a single shade of white and now only seen in handful of phones, the sdcard was long ditched by mfgs for making room for more stuff it seems.
What they might hve felt is now that every mfg offers 128gb and more gbs, there's logically no need for a dedicated sd card.
This started when 64gb internal memory went mainstream.

Just like how the colorful notification led vanished slowly fading into a single shade of white and now only seen in handful of phones
You can mimic this with audio prompts as required. For instance, I have a Bixby routine to emit a beep when the phone is fully charged.

You can mimic this with audio prompts as required. For instance, I have a Bixby routine to emit a beep when the phone is fully charged.
Yes but I was referring to the Led rgb notifications. Now rgb has vanished and replaced by white which again can be seen only on 30% of phones.

Yes but I was referring to the Led rgb notifications. Now rgb has vanished and replaced by white which again can be seen only on 30% of phones.
I know. Many people miss it because if there are outstanding notifications it's easy to see. So this is why I suggested a workaround.

I know. Many people miss it because if there are outstanding notifications it's easy to see. So this is why I suggested a workaround.
I never used it for notifications except for complete customization wrt charging levels, apps, system mode etc. It was cool thing but google killed it or manufacturers did killed it altogether.
Roms still offer custom colors for leds but either its white or no led for many out there.

Does anyone miss the Micro SD card slot on Samsung devices? I wish the recent phones had the slot on them. I will post a petition link here if I get enough positive responses.
I really miss the micro-sd slot. Used to switch the cards after a certain period of time and keep it is a backup.

Micro SD was really useful technology to store and transfer data although not as fast as onboard storage of the device. Well I would says it should be retained in lower budget phones and increased storage capacity for mid and high-end phones.

Recent (last 5-6 years) smartphones slowly started removing dedicated microsd card slots. First it was hybrid slot then it was totally removed. Because of that I have moved away from microsd card. Now I don't feel like I need them anymore in a smartphone.

People who want to use their phone for offline FLACs would certainly want the card slot. For all others it might not be critical requirement.

But, We take more n more photos nowadays, receive more n more videos/photos as forwards. This needs constant clean-up of memory space. Having a card would help here.

Back