how to cook pizza in microwave?

vb86 said:
we make it from scratch. i cant reveal how we make it though (trade secret).

Aha thought so, fair enough..i guess i'm in for some intensive googling & testing :)

The best pizza i liked had a thin base just a little thicker than a nan. I got that from an Armenian at a takeout when i was in France. He made them in a stone oven. These were 18 inchers so you had to fold each slice whilst you ate. Nobody made it like that and this was not exactly a fancy place either.

None of the pizzas i've had here are foldable and i mean regular ones not deep pan. They are very stiff even the Papa John's ones. Domino's does offer a thin base but i found once they over baked it and it crumbled. Last time i ordered thins from them. The line they gave me was this particular base came from Delhi and was in short supply :|

Too much of an american influence here i feel over the european. Pizzas in Italy are thin, its the Americans that make them thick. And the main reason for a thicker base is the savings made with lesser toppings. More topping is extra ;)

blr_p said:
Aha thought so, fair enough..i guess i'm in for some intensive googling & testing :)

The best pizza i liked had a thin base just a little thicker than a nan. I got that from an Armenian at a takeout when i was in France. He made them in a stone oven. These were 18 inchers so you had to fold each slice whilst you ate. Nobody made it like that and this was not exactly a fancy place either.

None of the pizzas i've had here are foldable and i mean regular ones not deep pan. They are very stiff even the Papa John's ones. Domino's does offer a thin base but i found once they over baked it and it crumbled. Last time i ordered thins from them. The line they gave me was this particular base came from Delhi and was in short supply :|

Too much of an american influence here i feel over the european. Pizzas in Italy are thin, its the Americans that make them thick. And the main reason for a thicker base is the savings made with lesser toppings. More topping is extra ;)

even i like the thin base but dominos and pizza hut thin base sucks ..... try italian base in pizza hut its not very thin but not overcooked ......

i like italian pizzas too.. when i was in italy, i had so many of them that by the end of it, i didnt feel like having pizza for a while. my dad cooks them once in a while at home though.. but i do like the american pizzas too..

blr_p said:
Pizzas in Italy are thin, its the Americans that make them thick. And the main reason for a thicker base is the savings made with lesser toppings. More topping is extra ;)

Not really, Pizza in NY is thin, as opposed to the pie-like behemoth of the Chicago Deep Dish

TOP Ramen Curry Noodles FTW!

Else here's a step by step guide to making a delicious pizza:

1. Buy the dough from market and do the toppings on it (cheese, onion, capsicum, jalepenos, corn etc)

2. Place ur rig cabinet sideways such that the processor faces Up.

3. Turn on they system

4. Run Prime 95 + Furmark

5. Place pizza on top of CPU heatsink

6. Close the cabinet cover.

7. After 20min, ur pizza is ready :)

thetoxicmind said:
Else make it or source it from the right ppl.

Thats a possibility, Dominos for sure does not make it themselves. That means chances are good neither do the others.

..hehe..

ive seen the dough balls in dominos outlets which they flatten to make the base. its possible that they either receive the dough balls from a central kitchen or the dough mix from a central kitchen which they use to make the dough balls out of.

the idea behind this is:

if every outlet knows the dough formulation, then practically every employee will know the recipe. so, if an outlet receives a premixed dough powder, no one knows what the exact formula and contents of the dough are, except a few in the central kitchen.

I will defer to you since you are in the industry, but what you said seems plausible.

When the guy said getting the thin base fomr Delhi its possible there was some central kitchen doing this.

Dominos is just a franchise operation so its makes sense to do it this way.

Back