How to cure the 'Game of Thrones' addiction?

Aman27deep

Skilled
Game of Thrones is a TV show that is too addictive. I'm not even sure it can be called a TV show as the quality is certainly higher than 80% of the movies I have seen. It's a frickin' crime there are only 10 episodes per year. ONLY TEN A YEAR. Now, I have already seen both the season's like 3 times already. There hasn't been a single TV show to date that has done this to me. Saw both season's in under 10 days, I have never done that to anything in my life.

The show is too good. I'm mentioning it again cause this is for those who haven't seen it already.

Now, what should i do? Should i read the books? Is reading books viable after watching the TV show? Should i go into a coma on purpose and wake up next year in February? Or should i replace on addiction with another?

Help a (nerdy) addict going through withdrawal.

Book would be a good idea. Like for Harry Potter Fans, the movies does not show each and everything while book is much more detailed and gives a sense of satisfaction i believe. You can do the same with GoT.

I found the plot moving too slow.. But still worth watching. And the next season is really far away!

Try Spartacus. IMO It is better than Game of thrones. :)

Really looking forward to the next season of both the series !!

Will do. Book reading time now! Time to order from HS18.

And to say i would have never seen it but @Gannu (#Gannu) bhai gave it to me! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Game of Thrones is a TV show that is too addictive. I'm not even sure it can be called a TV show as the quality is certainly higher than 80% of the movies I have seen. It's a frickin' crime there are only 10 episodes per year. ONLY TEN A YEAR. Now, I have already seen both the season's like 3 times already. There hasn't been a single TV show to date that has done this to me. Saw both season's in under 10 days, I have never done that to anything in my life.

The show is too good. I'm mentioning it again cause this is for those who haven't seen it already.

Now, what should i do? Should i read the books? Is reading books viable after watching the TV show? Should i go into a coma on purpose and wake up next year in February? Or should i replace on addiction with another?

Help a (nerdy) addict going through withdrawal.

Welcome to the club. :lol:

I stopped reading after the first book because I knew it would turn out like this. I will wait till the book series is complete and then read them. (It's been 10 years now. I think I will need to wait another 10).

Similarly, haven't started watching the TV series either, I can wait.

Interesting. Try Sherlock, right there with GOT. Also Spartacus and Prison break.

Will watch Sherlock and Spartacus. Already have seen Prison Break.

Welcome to the club. :lol:

I stopped reading after the first book because I knew it would turn out like this. I will wait till the book series is complete and then read them. (It's been 10 years now. I think I will need to wait another 10).

Similarly, haven't started watching the TV series either, I can wait.

I totally understand. But you have waited 10 years and not 10 days like me!

:p

Glad to be of some help.

:p

And while we are at it i.e. good tv shows, looks like The Wire is one of the most recommended, rated and reviewed shows. Some say it is the greatest TV drama of all time. I am yet to watch it though. Will possibly begin it one of these days.

Do try it Aman. :)

@Aman27deep this is the season limit for all HBO miniseries, my favourites are The Pacific and Band of Brothers (and they also had this cap on them) never watched anything apart from these so will not pass judgement.

If you do not mind older TV series these might interest you --
  • Das Boot (TV series not the film)
  • Yes Minister
  • Monty Python's Flying Circus
Real gems these ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and watch Doctor Who. The first season is a drab, but boy does it pick up from the next season. And the Mat Smith doctor is just killing it. So much badassery. And Karen Gillian.. God she's ravishing.. :cupidon:

And while we are at it i.e. good tv shows, looks like The Wire is one of the most recommended, rated and reviewed shows. Some say it is the greatest TV drama of all time. I am yet to watch it though. Will possibly begin it one of these days.

Do try it Aman. :)

I can objectively say that the wire is better than any other TV show I've seen :p

I tried watching GoT almost 5 times but could never surpass the 20 mins same thing happened with Breaking Bad and Spartacus not sure why but I can't withstand drama

I think I am very lucky here.
I was saving GoT S1 since its release finally started yesterday, watched 5 episodes on straight, started at around 830 am, did absolutely nothing in between didnt have a bath, skipped newspaper, skipped lunch then had a snack - again next three episodes. Had a coffee then all of sudden couldn't go further.
Now I cant even start watching the next episodes.

Happens with me most of the times Prison Break Season 3, Star trek TOS, Lost S1, Breaking Bad S2, Spartacus- Blood and Sand, Strike Back S2.
Works good for me, but on the flipside sometimes takes a very long time to restart a series. Haven't resumed Star Trek, Breaking Bad and spartacus yet, all of these are stuck in their season's final episodes.

Thanks for this thread. I decided to check out the series - and loved it! Absolutely one of the best!

PS Hope they don't kill like like heroes, lost, PB

Back