How to get rid of gall bladder stones without operation ?

anirudh

Adept
hello guys,

How to get rid of gall bladder stones without operation ?

Help me as i cant be operated bcoz of my uncurable disease.

please......help

I have no idea about your medical condition, so I'll just mention the options available in general.

1. Conventional open surgery - Not so commonly used nowadays.
2. Laparoscopic surgey - a keyhole incision is made in the abdomen, and using a thin device, the stone is approached and removed. Probably the most commonly used mode of treatment nowadays. It is done under general anesthesia though, so depending on your overall medical status, this option will be/not be available for you. But it is usually very short procedure, and you might need not more than 2 to 3 days stay in the hospital.
3. Oral drugs to dissolve the stones - are available, but they take a longer time to act. And some stones might not dissolve or might take a very long time.
4. Shock -wave lithotripsy - is probably the best bet in your case, but I don't know how many institutes provide this treatment. But it is definitely available in India. Here, using high-fequency sound waves, the stones are broken and removed. Non-surgical and very safe too.

Hope that helps.

Nikhil said:
It helps to prevent formation of gall stones. I dont think it helps to break them once they are formed.

Water only helps to prevent formation of kidney stones. Gall stones are mainly due to diet habits and other factors. Excessive cholesterol in diet, or sometimes very fast weight loss dieting programmes can also cause gall stones.

Laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder along with the stones is the "Gold Standard" of gallstones management at present. None of the other techniques mentioned above work. You have written that you have some incurable disease. Some more details about it may help. If you can withstand general anaesthesia for about 1.5 hours, you can be operated upon.If gallstones are symptomatic, it is better not to wait too long.

@anandg46, I am suffering from duchenne muscular dystrophy and i dont know how much general anaesthesia i can withstand as i never had to use it. The stones are small.

If the stones are small you better drink lots of water to remove them. One my friends' in office too had stones and she used to eat peach everyday. I asked her once and she told it helps in curing the stones. But finally she did go for some type of treatment. Laser i suppose.

Small stones pose a higher risk as they might move into the pancreas causing even severe problems.also start avoiding high fat foods cause it will trigger an episode of immense pain.

raksrules said:
If the stones are small you better drink lots of water to remove them. One my friends' in office too had stones and she used to eat peach everyday. I asked her once and she told it helps in curing the stones. But finally she did go for some type of treatment. Laser i suppose.

Gall stones and kidney stones are two different entities. Do NOT confuse them. Drinking lots of water will not help remove gall stones in any way. They have to be treated by lithotripsy or laparoscopic surgery only.

@OP: Patients with DMD are preferably administered regional anesthesia, however, whether regional anesthesia (like spinal anesthesia) is possible has to be discussed with a surgeon. So lithotripsy appears to be the better alternative.

Sorry , but why would you even want to know how you can cure your disease from the net .. its not a common cold infection .. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR !

^^ THere are a few doctors in the forum who are willing to give an unbiased opinion and guide the member. Ultimately, he has to check with his doctor, but he will be a better prepared man. :)

I am no doctor but one of my relative had the same problem and he went for ayurved treatment..He was given lotsa tonics like arjunarishtha and more.. It took some time but now he is fine.

Back