How to improve english communication skills

It goes both ways. If you speak fluent English and you're among a bunch of non-English speakers in India, they tend to label you as arrogant and "posh" even if you are trying to be nice and are genuinely down to earth.

Also, some of my fluent English speaking female friends have experienced that their professors would tell them that they had no manners and some of their classmates would automatically assume that they were sluts. All because they could speak English well.

Being able to frame a coherent argument intimidates some people who can't.
Yes I have experienced that too. Some people thought I was too sophisticated and arrogant and hence didn't want to speak with me at first. I know this as i confronted them later about this. When asked why they thought so in the first place, they replied that I always spoke in English. :banghead:

I think now i go with what the majority of the group speaks.
Like if majority speak Hindi in a group, I speak Hindi. Likewise for English.

It's weird how people form an opinion without trying someone.

I think its mainly the morally jahil-gawar category thinks of girls as sluts. They should learn to mind their own business. That is the typical Indian mentality. They form opinions without knowing whole story. Its only when you have shit in your head that you think shit of others.

Some of my female friend's neighbors thought that they are sluts, as they used to come late in night from work because of heavy workload. That's too much.
Would they think the same if their daughters came late?

1.Watch English movies,become jealous of the movie stars,they are also human,if they can speak English so well why cant you?
2.Learning a language is not only learning about its grammar/composition but also learning about the culture and society.read books/watch Tv shows
3.have a good reference point for good English.for example,watch BBC world,Read Books by good authors etc.
4.as somebody already has pointed out,think in english,we bengalees especially have a very bad habit of thinking something in Bengali and then translating in English.don't do that
5.yes people generally have a very bad attitude towards English speaking.They think the person is snob.when something happens like this to you,just think that idiots always avoid knowledge.they are the losers not you.
6.trust me english speaking has a lot of advantages too.try speking fluent english in any place where english is not spoken at all,you will get instant attention

Back