HP TouchPad - Accessories discussion thread

Thankfully, I got my HK case which I ordered from Ebay.com and it's great! I'm going to use that instead of the iPad 1 case.

Would anybody be interested in buying the iPad case from me (for a lesser price than what I paid, of course) or should I keep it as an expensive backup?

Got my touchpad and selected the country as India, now it turns out I can't seem to use my kindle account as the app itself is not available for India. how to get out of this situation?

Update: Managed to make it work with impostah, created a new profile and the next time HP App Catalog launched, selected US as the country

wordsmith said:
Got my touchpad and selected the country as India, now it turns out I can't seem to use my kindle account as the app itself is not available for India. how to get out of this situation?

Update: Managed to make it work with impostah, created a new profile and the next time HP App Catalog launched, selected US as the country

Or just get the ipk file online and install it manually ;)

wordsmith said:

I did the same thing as well...created another account with US as the country.

So Guys.Anyone interested in GO ? or everyone got it on his own.

I am ordering following items.

Acase HP Touchpad

Skinomi Full Body Protection.

Dont like zaggs. sure they are good in screen protector business but that orange hue makes screen looks awful.

Which case should i buy ? Something that can double up as a stand will be great but don;t really want to spend a fortune on this. I saw people mentioning in this thread and on SD about the verizon case for 5$ but it seems it involves some modding and all. I am not interested in doing all this and would require a case which is actually made for the touchpad. Can anyone suggest what options i have ??

May be Hongkong sellers on ebay.com ?? If anyone has links for any such sellers please suggest.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also do i really need a screen protector to put on this thing ?? I cannot even put a screen protector on a phone myself i guess so am not sure if i can do it on this big thing and if i ruin it then it will be waste of money.

Guys i had ordered on ebay cheapo TP case with the stand and stuff and Acase one

The quality difference is huge in ebay and acase

Acase is real leather and really good

ebay one does give the cheap case feel , it is not the comparison of function as both can do the same

acase is slightly heavier but good

ebay one 600 and acase 1800 shipped , so the price difference negates the quality difference

If i pay 3 times the amount of a cheap one then it is expected that a better quality will come

so now all those on fence can decide if it helps any body

yesterday installed the skinomi full body skin . It was a pain to stick the small strips and corners of the back

but quality is good and gives full protection to TP

Back