HP TouchPad - Accessories discussion thread

Even though none of us have got the TP in our hands yet, a separate thread for any accessories makes sense. I would currently consider the most important accessory as the case, though it is arguable that a screen protector would be necessary.

And for the uber-rich, a Touchstone too. :p

It is a $90 tablet. I am not putting a screen protector on it. I want the 10 inch IPS panel unobscured.

(I did put one on my phone, but that is because it is in my pocket a lot.)

I did get a case. Verizon had a slip case for $5, it just got delivered. Will post pictures once I get home.

A couple of points to note.

1) If you are buying one of the cases made for iPad, make sure the light sensor and speakers and camera are not obscured.

2) Make sure the bezel at the bottom is not covered. You can swipe inwards on the bezel to bring up the cards interface.

whatsinaname, do post some pictures.

And the reason for a screen protector is not to protect the screen, but to avoid fingerprint smudges. The TP has Gorilla Glass, so it offers more protection than some flimsy plastic protection lol.

I was thinking of a slip case, but I thought a Folio-type case would be really good, since it can double up as a stand. I dug up a few cheap ones from Ebay (from HK obviously lol), I've got to decide now.

Folio cases are the best..

I have one for iPad..I don't know if it will fit or not.. Ideally it should..

I am looking for both case and screen protector..

Screen protector is pretty cheap for $6 for 2...

Case can be had around $13-$18...

JT_daniel said:
whatsinaname, do post some pictures.

And the reason for a screen protector is not to protect the screen, but to avoid fingerprint smudges. The TP has Gorilla Glass, so it offers more protection than some flimsy plastic protection lol.

I was thinking of a slip case, but I thought a Folio-type case would be really good, since it can double up as a stand. I dug up a few cheap ones from Ebay (from HK obviously lol), I've got to decide now.

Hmm. A folio case/stand would be nice, but it would add a bit of weight and bulk to the tablet. I am used to the Kindle, so it already feels tad heavy.

whatsinaname said:
Hmm. A folio case/stand would be nice, but it would add a bit of weight and bulk to the tablet. I am used to the Kindle, so it already feels tad heavy.

Well, my brother uses a rubber folio case on his iPad and I loved it, so I'm going for one myself, even though it would definitely add a bit of bulk to the TP. The stand part attracts me the most :p

Well, if someone starts a GO for a proper case like the HP Custom Fit, then I'd be interested. Till then, I'm going to use this (if it comes lol)

Black Leather Case Cover Stand for HP TouchPad | eBay

Cost me 13$ only. Until I find a good rubber case or the HP Custom fit itself, this has to do.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dhruvrock2000 said:
Can someone do a group order for a screen protector / case ? I've already ordered a GelaSkin for my Touchpad :p

Aren't GelaSkins very expensive? How much did the TouchPad one cost?

dhruvrock2000 said:
Can someone do a group order for a screen protector / case ? I've already ordered a GelaSkin for my Touchpad :p

If somebody has LOTS of free time on his hands and can do a little importing business, it could help us all. :p

for HP TouchPad case cover, Folding pu Leather Protective Case for HP TouchPad Tablet products, buy for HP TouchPad case cover, Folding pu Leather Protective Case for HP TouchPad Tablet products from alibaba.com

Dunno how I stumbled on that link. Was checking if anything is available in India and that pops up. LOL!

viditkalra said:
I did see the Verizon $5 cases..But, thought the shipping would kill the deal..

Griffin one and the leather one will cost 15

take 10 members

Conatct ICC dutyfree

weight should be more than 1kg but we can always ask

max I think we can get these in $5 more on each part

kuduku said:

take 10 members

Conatct ICC dutyfree

Count me in for one..

kuduku said:
take 10 members
Conatct ICC dutyfree

Count me too

Do we really need a sleeve Kuduku? I think a case would be better suited. We can get a sleeve like that in India itself, but a case designed for the TP would be more useful, IMHO.

check verizon

It has all types cases /sleeves for ipad

Come on a consensus and we can ask ICC

Cases might not fit

weight might be more - volumetric

I really dont know

should ask ICC ...

Back