HP TouchPad - Accessories discussion thread

techpal

Skilled
May 2, 2007
thenvk said:
Come on man.. out of all these you find this?

guys please suggest whether these are any good for the HP TP.

I was wondering how can a 7 inch screen case can fit in a 9.7 inch screen, so i was not wrong in pointing it and those were first two links u provided so was pretty easy to find too:). Just wanted to let u know so that u dont end up buying wrong one.

JT_daniel

Adept
Mar 10, 2011
Mate, iPad 2 cases don't fit the TouchPad. Only the iPad 1 cases fit.

And fellas, I was thinking about ordering the iPad 1 case from Ebay.in.. What d'you guys say?

JT_daniel

Adept
Mar 10, 2011
Yeah mate, very sure. Only iPad 1 cases fit.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I just bought this using 5% coupon on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/270808788093?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Cost me 1282 Rs. I didn't want to buy it but my mother forced me to buy it to protect the TouchPad.

Now if the Chinese once I ordered comes, I'll probably put it up for sale here on TE at the cost price. If it doesn't come, I'll open a paypal dispute. :p

JT_daniel

Adept
Mar 10, 2011
viditkalra said:
^^ IT will come..But will take about a month...
I'll take it from you..Send me the link of the case u bought..

Well I'm not so sure about Chinese products by the post. I've already lost a 6 pound worth ZTE Blade silicon case, 110 HKD worth 6 pieces of printed overlays (sent TWICE). Thankfully, didn't lose any money because of Paypal. Our Indian government workers (thieves) in the Postal service seem to just love stealing stuff from any package from HongKong. That's why most of the Chinese sellers on Ebay don't ship to India.

Here's the link mate- Black Leather Case Cover Stand for HP TouchPad | eBay

Listing has ended, but if you want a live link-

Black Leather Case Cover Stand for HP TouchPad | eBay (same seller as above)

Black Leather Case Cover Stand for HP TouchPad | eBay (another guy called happy_rice )

kuduku

Skilled
Dec 9, 2007
JT_daniel said:
Yeah mate, very sure. Only iPad 1 cases fit.

I just bought this using 5% coupon on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/270808788093?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Cost me 1282 Rs. I didn't want to buy it but my mother forced me to buy it to protect the TouchPad.

Now if the Chinese once I ordered comes, I'll probably put it up for sale here on TE at the cost price. If it doesn't come, I'll open a paypal dispute.

:p

Please update us about the fitting and placement of buttons , camera etc when you receive it

the ebay india one

JT_daniel

Adept
Mar 10, 2011
Sure Kuduku, will do so. But I expect the volume and USB slots to be accessible though I don't know about the power button. Guys over at Precentral were saying this case fits the touchpad like a charm, let us see.

Dec 24, 2007
Bangalore
Can anyone tell me where are the slots placed or give a link where its mentioned ? I am looking to get a similar covers made locally, but could find any photos for the same.

wordsmith

Disciple
Nov 16, 2009
Not too sure, if this is useful to everyone here, I ordered a sleeve for my soon to arrive TouchPad from buytheprice, costing 550 - 50 (cashback) currently, turned out cheaper than ebay/letsbuy.

Don't even know how good are these guys with deliveries :p,

here's the link to the sleeve, if anyone is interested:

Belkin 10.2In. Max Sleeve

JT_daniel

Adept
Mar 10, 2011
wordsmith said:
Not too sure, if this is useful to everyone here, I ordered a sleeve for my soon to arrive TouchPad from buytheprice, costing 550 - 50 (cashback) currently, turned out cheaper than ebay/letsbuy.
Don't even know how good are these guys with deliveries :p,

here's the link to the sleeve, if anyone is interested:

Belkin 10.2In. Max Sleeve

It looks good! I'm sure that will be a good deal for anyone wanting a sleeve! :) But the thing is, I was looking for a Folio case for the TouchPad to be in always, which could double up as a stand. And those iPad folio cases from Belkin/Apple etc don't come cheap. :(

surenther.ss

Disciple
Jun 29, 2010
JT_daniel said:
Well I'm not so sure about Chinese products by the post. I've already lost a 6 pound worth ZTE Blade silicon case, 110 HKD worth 6 pieces of printed overlays (sent TWICE). Thankfully, didn't lose any money because of Paypal. Our Indian government workers (thieves) in the Postal service seem to just love stealing stuff from any package from HongKong. That's why most of the Chinese sellers on Ebay don't ship to India.

Here's the link mate- Black Leather Case Cover Stand for HP TouchPad | eBay

Listing has ended, but if you want a live link-

Black Leather Case Cover Stand for HP TouchPad | eBay (same seller as above)

Black Leather Case Cover Stand for HP TouchPad | eBay (another guy called happy_rice )

Thanks daniel, i ordered one for my TP. i hope it will take nearly 15 days to reach here

smnrock

Skilled
Apr 9, 2009
I've ordered this one on 26th Aug and got it today(delivered to my office on saturday itself). But still my touchpad hasn't been delivered to me :(

kuduku

Skilled
Dec 9, 2007
JT_daniel said:
Sure Kuduku, will do so. But I expect the volume and USB slots to be accessible though I don't know about the power button. Guys over at Precentral were saying this case fits the touchpad like a charm, let us see.

Have you received it ?

Finally ordered this

Buy.com - Acase(TM) HP TouchPad High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand

after good reviews

Amazon.com: Acase(TM) HP TouchPad High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch WebOS Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (Black): Electronics

same seller on Amazon but priced higher

Was waiting for JT_daniel to review the Original ipad case

but decided if spending 1k + then to buy something built for TP

reviews are good

only con no magnetic thing on flap

Getting it through SNS

Hope to get it in 1.7k

Had ordered one cheapo one from ebay.com also from JT-daniel links

Keyboard not required nor Touchstone

I have laptop for prolonged surfing so no touchstone

ordered 2 screen guard from ebay.com for $5.60

so accessories buying is over now

Had placed an order for

Set Your Location

Folio Case - Molded Back, Black Leather

(Part#: 888-0002)

pic is wrong , its a folio stand

but order cancelled due to billing address issues

Had asked ICC for a quote but no replies because I think no profit for a company to buy $5 product and ship

Had called Sanjay but no replies

JT_daniel

Adept
Mar 10, 2011
smnrock said:
I've ordered this one on 26th Aug and got it today(delivered to my office on saturday itself). But still my touchpad hasn't been delivered to me :(

Whoa, you got it?? The post in your area seem to be on steroids and corruption free! I don't have much hopes that my product will be delivered. :(

kuduku said:
Have you received it ?

Yep, got my iPad case. Fits pretty decently, no problems at all. The iPad's slightly thinner, so the case is a bit more expanded than how it would be if an iPad is there in it, but otherwise perfect.

As far as slots are concerned, Power, Volume, 3.5 mm jack and MicroUSB ports are all open and easily accessible. But the speakers are definitely covered. Since I don't use the speakers much, it doesn't affect me much.

Quality- Awesome. The thing with Apple products is that quality is guaranteed (I've used the same case before in my cousin's iPad 1 so I knew about it). But it's definitely much more secure and finally I can stop keeping it in its box! :)

Kuduku, sorry mate, I just received it today evening. Hence the delay. :(

And please post the link for the screen protector for 5.6$. Are you getting that also through S&S or is it international shipping?

kuduku

Skilled
Dec 9, 2007
International shipping

ebay.com 400238552961

JT_daniel said:
Whoa, you got it?? The post in your area seem to be on steroids and corruption free! I don't have much hopes that my product will be delivered. :(

Yep, got my iPad case. Fits pretty decently, no problems at all. The iPad's slightly thinner, so the case is a bit more expanded than how it would be if an iPad is there in it, but otherwise perfect.

As far as slots are concerned, Power, Volume, 3.5 mm jack and MicroUSB ports are all open and easily accessible. But the speakers are definitely covered. Since I don't use the speakers much, it doesn't affect me much.

Quality- Awesome. The thing with Apple products is that quality is guaranteed (I've used the same case before in my cousin's iPad 1 so I knew about it). But it's definitely much more secure and finally I can stop keeping it in its box! :)

Kuduku, sorry mate, I just received it today evening. Hence the delay. :(

And please post the link for the screen protector for 5.6$. Are you getting that also through S&S or is it international shipping?

Well could have saved 500 bucks if you would had received it earlier or should have waited to order

But thats okay now

it will be a bigger hassle to cancel a third party order from buy.com

JT_daniel

Adept
Mar 10, 2011
Yes saw it mate, thank you. The problem is, I have a bad record with HK shipments, so not sure if I should buy that. If I had time on my side, I would take the risk, but I'm going abroad for studies, so won't be around here to receive it. :(

kuduku

Skilled
Dec 9, 2007
thats a problem

but i dont have any such issues

so took the risk

and till now not lost any package