HP Touchpad for 100$ @ US online stores

Bit OTT, to be fair. I`ve lived abroad for almost ten years. Most people over there respect you as a person. Not sure if the story is true.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

malefic said:
Seriously in western world dignity comes after money.
I hope we Indians stays with the values of our culture rather than copying this western idiots.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Bit OTT, to be fair. I`ve lived abroad for almost ten years. Most people over there respect you as a person. Not sure if the story is true.

Yeah, a bit too hasty to be passing judgment. If you had followed the SD thread for over a week now, you'll see that trolls and liars are a major part of it. And guys, this is the internet, telling a lie doesn't take much effort. :/

Kuduku, your TouchPad is from the Amazon purchase right? Has it reached?

malefic said:
Seriously in western world dignity comes after money.

I hope we Indians stays with the values of our culture rather than copying this western idiots.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

dignity comes after money in western world.. thats the reason we have india as one of the most corrupt countries?

And people hardly respecting others....

In the western world people are more open and they speak their mind.

Dont blame culture for this kind of things.

got my asktp refund

seller was genuine all the time

I would had a TP in hand if trolls on FB wouldnt had screwed it

And still waiting for BN refund

got my BN money back - debit card

Had filed complaint with Axis Bank

exact debited amount

kuduku said:
got my asktp refund
seller was genuine all the time
I would had a TP in hand if trolls on FB wouldnt had screwed it
And still waiting for BN refund

got my BN money back - debit card
Had filed complaint with Axis Bank
exact debited amount

Was this through Paypal? Have you got your credit card amount back?

Got slapped with a customs duty of 2722 along with shipping charges of 1320, total aramex charge is 4042 :(

I need to contact aramex customer care on monday. Has custom duty ever been reversed? Did anyone else get their touchpad delivered via Aramex? How much did u pay?

Dream run comes to an end..sigh...

If your shipment is on the way, send a mail to aramex and inform them in advance or you might end up like me.

smnrock said:
whattt? Customs duty is 2722? is this for 16GB and did you send the invoice to SnS prior?

Nope, that was my bad. Someone mentioned duty of 800rs and was expecting the same.

It was valued at 200$ along with shipping final valuation came to 11.2k and classified as "electronics". Customs rate was around 23-26%. I'll scan and post the bill on monday.

Worst part is there was an ipad in the same bill for some other aramex customer and duty was 200rs for it :mad:

I've refused to accept the package. But anyone knows what my options are? Has customs ever reversed the charges or aramex borne a part of it?

Or i should just resign to fate and pay the amount?

I think you can go to the customs department and dispute the valuation. However, I am not sure if you need to go to the Mumbai one necessarily (that's where Aramex lands) or to your nearest international airport.

I have posted it so many times to send the invoice

I had got duty of 550 on 800 value product

Mine was quite small and i learned my lesson

i had also not sent invoice

Reversal of custom duty is quite difficult

What will happen with refusing the package

You have paid for it

Aramex will never bear the charge

I posted it that duty was 800 bucks

Did you even contact Aramex that TP is coming ?

No invoice , no contact then it was quite evident that you will be charged

Which sane custom guy is going to believe that it cost you 5k

They have assessed it of $200 and thats cheap , you got saved with less duty

If people on forums would not had been aware about firesale no one would had believed that HP TP cost so less

I know its like rubbing salt on your wounds but the only option is to contact customs for reevaluation

Ask anuradha how she can help in that

They will be having contacts

You have a stiff battle ahead

I'm with techie_007 on this one. Assuming you got it for 99$, just sell it off here. Many people here would be only too happy to pay the 99$ + shipping + customs! :)

My personal advice? Keep it. It's an awesome product, even if you did get it for 2.3k more.

Thanks for the advices guys. We win some, we lose some. I've learnt a lesson and will be careful next time.

My officemax order has been backordered and if it ever comes through, then i can reduce the losses a bit.

Talking purely from a monetary standpoint, the expected shipping should have been 34 USD with a customs of 800 INR, which comes to around 2500. Now, you got lucky with the shipping as most folks were charged 34 USD, but ended up losing on the customs. You have been charged a total of 3500. That is just 1000 more than what others have been charged. That still doesn't spoil the great deal if you have got.

EDIT: My mistake, I thought your total was 3.5K. Even with 4.5K it is 1500 more, just brings down your deal from 'great' to 'good'. You still get it cheaper than those folks buying for 200 USD +

agantuk said:
Talking purely from a monetary standpoint, the expected shipping should have been 34 USD with a customs of 800 INR, which comes to around 2500. Now, you got lucky with the shipping as most folks were charged 34 USD, but ended up losing on the customs. You have been charged a total of 3500. That is just 1000 more than what others have been charged. That still doesn't spoil the great deal if you have got.

EDIT: My mistake, I thought your total was 3.5K. Even with 4.5K it is 1500 more, just brings down your deal from 'great' to 'good'. You still get it cheaper than those folks buying for 200 USD +

I agree with you. The deal went from 'great' to 'good'.

But now and then my mind wanders to the fact that i'm paying 4.1k additional charges for a 5.1k product. Thats 100%.

Guess it all depends on the way we look at things. Right now, I'm trying to tell myself that its a 9k product (which is true) and live it with it.

I got My 32 GB TP today

i havent seen it as I am out of town

No duty

only 1725 shipping

Bought from Amazon for 149 + duty + taxes = 169

Awesome Kuduku, another duty free clearance! :) Tell me once you've started using the TouchPad and I'll give you the detailed list of patches and kernels that I used. Maybe we can start another thread for it?

And RaSh, tell yourself it is a 20k product mate (which is true :p) and you'll find the ~9k price very cheap. :)

Back