HP Touchpad for 100$ @ US online stores

its onsale.com, and its already OOS .. my bad luck continues

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ordered one via onsale, got a order no. lets see if onsale has improved this time :)

Any updates? my order is in same state of 'IN process' for a day.

raksrules said:
Yes i got a confirmation with a confirmation number too. But i hope they dont screw up this time. Because with experience of onsale, i really cannot be sure. I was i guess lucky to figure out the onsale thread on SD in initial period when the site was not getting hammered. So i did not have to wait for entering the details etc but like everyone it got stuck on last page. So then i got this link from the onsale FB page (posted by someone) and it immediately validated my credit card and also i got a confirmation immediately.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Whenr i query my order number on their order summary page, i get nothing, seem onsale screwed me again. :mad:

Finally my order is showing as shipped on onsale website. But the tracking number is still not working on UPS website.

Lets see when it comes up. I have takes the standard shipping so i expect it to be here late next week may be.

It seems this is the second lot which HP has been talking about . Now no online sales now but delivery to old orders

Newegg did same , sold over 1000 TPs when i took

Onsale doing the same now

kuduku said:
It seems this is the second lot which HP has been talking about . Now no online sales now but delivery to old orders

Newegg did same , sold over 1000 TPs when i took

Onsale doing the same now

Not sure about second lot, but if it was then why is HP themselves not selling. Also what onsale is doing is damage control. Their reputation was super tarnished after the fiasco because of their orders through amazon and in order to revive the same they have given this chance to people who had their orders previously cancelled (like me).

If HP does have a lot with them then they will be selling them off any time soon or say thanksgiving or something.

No it is second lot , many online retailers have come in last few days with adequate stock

QVC , newegg , onsale , macmall and others

HP is giving others a chance to reclaim their reps , Last sale fcuked up HP systems which they dont want

kuduku said:
No it is second lot , many online retailers have come in last few days with adequate stock

QVC , newegg , onsale , macmall and others

HP is giving others a chance to reclaim their reps , Last sale fcuked up HP systems which they dont want

In that case anyone relying on HP selling second lot themselves and they thinking that they will get a TP through HP directly is out of luck.

May be these retailers are sourcing from somewhere else by-passing HP. God knows.

HP still has a huge backlog of the pending orders that are confirmed as per their policy but not shipped yet. I'm talking about glitch orders placed via HP SMB site.

My long pending order placed by my relative at his address is finally showing shipped today. :) Don't know when I'll get my hands on it but at least I'll have the satisfaction of getting one touchpad at fire sale price.

For my present touchpad, I spent $200 on ebay, no regrets. If you need a tablet, then this is the best you can get for $200. And after I paired it with HP veer, it got 3G also.

I don't know whether I want to sell it. Let me get it first. BTW HP was selling today on it's home website, 32 gb model for 249 plus shipping and taxes, total $285.

bigbyte said:
I don't know whether I want to sell it. Let me get it first. BTW HP was selling today on it's home website, 32 gb model for 249 plus shipping and taxes, total $285.

But HP doesnt accept indian CC AFAIK.

techpal said:
But HP doesnt accept indian CC AFAIK.

yup correct. This deal was not for us unless one has a US CC details and a non SnS residential US address to ship. And one can get 32gb for $250 on ebay easily. So in toto, bad deal.

Otaku said:
Can somebody point me to a site where TPs are still available? Want to order one. :)

You might as well buy it from eBay India now that there is not much difference in the prices in US and here if you include the customs and shipping. Atleast you get a 5% off coupon on ebay.in, or you can go for the Diwali offer

Back