HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy S???

SoMxNemesis said:
@clown_abhi: wait till sathyanaidu gets his hands on one, hes planning to getone as far as i know, hes even posted a sale thread for his old one :p

He can give you accurate info on the phone :D
Hahaha... :)

Sathya, will wait for a nice review from you :p

BTW, guys check the two videos below:

This one is for the new Touchwiz 3.0 which has really improved a lot from 2.0. Even though it does not match the effectiveness of Sense, its really close i would say.

YouTube - Samsung TouchWiz 3.0 User Interface (Galaxy S & Wave S8500)

This one is a comparision of the multitouch in desire and Galaxy S. Check out the new and precise multitouch :)

Samsung Galaxy S vs. HTC Desire (Multi-touch) | CareAce

Also Galaxy S sports SUPERAMOLED which is 80% more readable in Sunlight than the Desire's AMOLED. And Google Goggles is nice on this. I guess i would be taking this baby very soon ;)

Guess I won't be buying the Galaxy after all.. just spoke with a guy at channel 9, he's getting the SGS at around 11 am today, the pricing is at 29,350 inclusive. Can expect it to be a thousand bucks cheaper at the most elsewhere.. still ovepriced :(

Update: Dealers have the phone today. Best price quoted was Rs. 28,250 which i feel is still over priced. Will go see the phone now n let you guys know :(

Saw the phone. Was at a mall and dealer just received stock of this and opened one piece for demo right in front of me :p

Got to play with it for 4-5 mins. Looks good. Display, speed, fluidity was impressive. (Hard to tell difference in display quality between Galaxy S and Desire indoors.).

The TWUI has improved a lot from older iterations but still you feel like they could have done better job at it. (Or maybe I am spoiled with Sense) Though I didnt get much time to play with samsung widgets.

The only problem was body. The damn thing catches fingerprints right away. In 5 mins, back of the phone looked like a finger print wallpaper.

Dealer here quoted stupendous 32K for it though. Maybe he thought he can make some quick buck by selling it over suggested market price :p

You don't have to stay with touchwiz. The good thing about Android is there are many home replacements that you can choose. Examples are ADWlauncher, launcher pro, home++, ahome, etc.

IMO, I like ADWlauncher the best.

Back