HTC Incredible S or Samsung Galaxy I9003.

awpmagnum

Disciple
Confused between these two phones.
Here is the spec. comparison
HTC Incredible S vs. Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL - GSMArena.com

The htc is retailing for 26999 and samsung for 19500. Prices for both go down a little after bargaining.

My Question is is the HTC worth the higher price considering its sense ui, better looks, more ram, better camera and graphics and comparably better update service of htc compared to samsung.

also open to other android phone suggestions upto 27k.

I was waiting for the nexus S but I guess it'll never come to India.

HTC Incredible S

sense ui, better looks, more ram, better camera and graphics

Apparatus also comes with a flash.
But if you are not in a hurry, then wait for somebody to report how the camera and overall experience is.

Secondly, where did you got into bargaining for the price of the Incredible S.. and how long has it been in the Indian mkt ?

Camera, flash and looks matter but not very much.... what matters the most to me is the software, I dont want to be still stuck on froyo when the whole world is on ice cream or rosogulla or whatever :)

If incredible s is not very successful then even custom ROMs wont be available for it at xda devs. But if I buy galaxy i9003 then I can console myself by saying that I didnt spend too much on it and sell it for a decent price to by the latest thing at that time.

TWO QUESTIONS

1. Will the custom roms made for i9000 (hugely popular and huge dev support) work for i9003?

2. Does it make sense to splurge 30K on Nexus s from the gray market.?

If the answer to these questions is no then I will pre order the Incredible S.

Btw.... thanks for the replies

the sammy as its around 5k cheaper...although i would personally stick with HTC for android as their UIs are the best stock UI on android & moreover there is very large developer base for HTC android phones if you consider the rooting scene.

My suggestion will be :

wait if you are the patient sort

OR

if you are like me:p

a) Get the Desire HD if you simply want the best android experience in India right now.
b) if budget is a constraint get the original desire (S-LCD) for 20.5k:)

awpmagnum said:
Confused between these two phones.
Here is the spec. comparison
HTC Incredible S vs. Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL - GSMArena.com

The htc is retailing for 26999 and samsung for 19500. Prices for both go down a little after bargaining.

My Question is is the HTC worth the higher price considering its sense ui, better looks, more ram, better camera and graphics and comparably better update service of htc compared to samsung.

also open to other android phone suggestions upto 27k.

I was waiting for the nexus S but I guess it'll never come to India.
a) Bargaining on a pre-order/brand new phone? If you're getting a lower rate than 27K for the Incredible S, let me know.. I'm in the market for one too :p
b) HTC all the way. You basically told us the reasons why so I don't really need to justify it any more
c) Down sides of the phone are the battery and (at least for me) the rather ugly looking back side. They really should have made it either purely rectangular or curved. Vacuum packed sucks :(
d) NFI when it's releasing man :( I know flipkart says next week and I know the price you've quoted is from flipkart. Though I believe the price could be accurate, I highly doubt the release date :( Hopefully the price doesn't vary too much on release. I'd love to pick this baby up the day it comes out ;)

pauldmps said:
Read the Engadget & Phonearena reviews. Camera quality sucks for both still & video shots.
Where does it say that? :S I've browsed through the Engadget review a couple of times now but I never saw that.. they did say it shoots nice pics :S

pauldmps said:
Read the Engadget & Phonearena reviews. Camera quality sucks for both still & video shots.
The pics are pretty much acceptable.

No sucky cam in any of the reviewers verdict. Though it cud have been better and i would hope the nutjob logic behind the stifling of the cam is binned and we see a good performance after they release an update.

John Anderton said:
I highly doubt the release date :( Hopefully the price doesn't vary too much on release. I'd love to pick this baby up the day it comes out ;)
How about not paying the premium price by holding out the few initial days ..?

Though i am tempted enuf to get the phone rite now :)

Lg Optimus 2x seems pretty good considering it has pretty much the same specs but the dual proccy and full fledged 8MP cam shots make it a more viable option. But the pricing is gonna be the deal breaker for a person looking for a sub 25k phone.

Letsbuy.com should be stocking this with the icici card offer.

Somebody shd create a bulk order for this phone.

My posts have to be moderator approved... So I cant keep up with the conversation.... Please bear with it and reply to post 8.

The price I am quoting is indeed from flipkart, but a local dealer said that it would be available in a weeks time.

How much of a difference does gorilla glass makes coz the Incredible doesnt have one while the sammy does.

Spacescreamer said:
How about not paying the premium price by holding out the few initial days ..?

If you mean a few days when you say "initial days", then sure.. I can't however wait months for the price to drop since I kinda need a phone soon since my current one is dying pretty fast :(

Spacescreamer said:
Somebody shd create a bulk order for this phone.

Good idea! :p

Spacescreamer said:
Lg Optimus 2x seems pretty good..

LG Optimus 2X review -- Engadget doesn't seem too inviting :(

I was expecting better when I first heard the config :(

John Anderton said:
LG Optimus 2X review -- Engadget doesn't seem too inviting :(

I was expecting better when I first heard the config :(
My Superbad.

Blindly took the word of my friend. Should have got the stats checked against.

Looked up Optimus 2x impression on the net and its a total let down.

Total damp squib by Lg in the form of Optimus 2x. Seems like everything is falling apart. From camera to screen to responsiveness. Viewing angles not good too and the icing on the cake.. the speakers are not good too.

Should have killed the damn phone right in the assembly line. ( Must stop watching South park)

Maybe you should just check on other options too. Like the Xperia Arc or Neo provides you with better functionality at the same price and has the latest Android on board. Better camera, Better screen and brilliant XDA support.

Theres also the GSII but thats launching in June according to sources. Lack of supply of Exynos has nailed the launched.

Please reply to my previous post 8

Camera, flash and looks matter but not very much.... what matters the most to me is the software, I dont want to be still stuck on froyo when the whole world is on ice cream or rosogulla or whatever :)

If incredible s is not very successful then even custom ROMs wont be available for it at xda devs. But if I buy galaxy i9003 then I can console myself by saying that I didnt spend too much on it and sell it for a decent price to by the latest thing at that time.

TWO QUESTIONS

1. Will the custom roms made for i9000 (hugely popular and huge dev support) work for i9003?

2. Does it make sense to splurge 30K on Nexus s from the gray market.?

If the answer to these questions is no then I will pre order the Incredible S.

Btw.... thanks for the replies

Back